Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumors

I don't understand how so many peeps are cool with getting rid of Ginn. It is only him and Allan as high pitching prospects.

Unless there is a trade for a young controlable player I feel that Alverez, Mauricio, Allan, Baty, PCA, Ginn and Vientos should be off limits.

Quote Originally Posted by sieve00 View Post
    I don't understand how so many peeps are cool with getting rid of Ginn. It is only him and Allan as high pitching prospects.

Unless there is a trade for a young controlable player I feel that Alverez, Mauricio, Allan, Baty, PCA, Ginn and Vientos should be off limits.
    I agree
    If anything we can use him as a trade chip next year when he has more value

We may need him more next year as a trade piece, who knows what happens with Stroman and Syndergaard in FA, Walker and his collapse, Carrasco injury, will McGill continue his dominance

Because we haven't made the playoffs in 6 years

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Getting a RP or Zach Davis is the equivalent to doing as little as possible. I am fine with Bryant and a RP though. Just something to help them win the division and like Sick said in a short series anything is possible. The best on paper talent doesn't always equal a WS win. Controllable assets are nice in theory but it comes down to what is available and right now (reportedly) that market isn't particularly good.
    How often does a genuine underdog win? The Mets aren’t beating those teams in playoff series. I don’t think we should be sellers, obviously, but our build isn’t finished yet and it’s hard to argue giving away the farm is a wise choice right now.

But yeah, if you want to grab Bryant and throw money at him, I doubt he’d cost all that much in prospects.

deGrom is not getting younger and nothing is ever given that you will make the playoffs in other years.

The Dodgers and Yanks and Boston will spend to try and win Mets better be up for the challenge.

I seen teams win when one pitcher essentially carried them to a title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Mayer@mikemayer22
    ·
    1m
    Team president Sandy Alderson and acting GM Zack Scott are scheduled to talk to the media at 5:30 pm ET today.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Scherzer specifically stated he did not want to come to NY. So we could have offered the moon and more and he would not waive his no trade clause.

Aside from that, no way the Nats trade anyone good within their own division. Unless its someone like Rich Hill, they're not going to do it. So Turner, Schwaber, etc... would never come here.

Rizzo, not a good fit. We already have a 1Bman and no DH in the league so no room for him.

Gallo would have been a better fit as he plays mainly LF and RF, some 1B some 3B (90 some odd games at each), 50 some odd games at CF and DH. Though he's a horrible fielder while at DH. He has yet to catch a ball there.

Not sure if teh Mets inquired about Gallo and what the asking price was.

Also some teams may not want to bother with the Mets. I recall many years ago Steinbrenner refused to even trade to the Mets or Red Sox.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    ·
    1m
    Team president Sandy Alderson and acting GM Zack Scott are scheduled to talk to the media at 5:30 pm ET today.
    Why? To announce that they're good with what they have right now and won't trade for anyone? That's a waste of time. I've seen these types of meetings at work over the years. They're more for show and wasting time than for doing anything productive.

So there is a rumor on mlb.com about Mets and Cubs. Possibly Bryant and/or Davies.

Bryant could help at 3B. Not sure how Villar has been doing ahven't paid attention to him much.
    Davies, not enamored with. Leading the league in BB. Not counting his under 3 ERA last year because in 2020 every pitcher was a Cy Young Award type pitcher.
    Baez, would be a very interesting combo with him and Lindor. I love McNeil though. But ESPN radio this morning was saying how the hitters are underperforming this year and they need a shot in the arm. I do agree with him.

Quote Originally Posted by sieve00 View Post

To give DeGrom a chance to win a championship before he either leaves the Mets or retires. To actually put ourselves in the best chance to win the division and make the playoffs instead of just hoping the other teams perform worse than we do. To actually show the fan base we are not content with mediocrity and go for it.

We don't want to ship Ginn away but we want to see the MLB team improve. We want to see a management who recognizes the problems with the team and do something about it. Do you want to see Eickoff pitch again for us? Because the management clearly is making it seem like they are fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    Why? To announce that they're good with what they have right now and won't trade for anyone? That's a waste of time. I've seen these types of meetings at work over the years. They're more for show and wasting time than for doing anything productive.
    That would be after the trade deadline is already over. So we tune in if they did something. Otherwise it will be excuse after excuse where we can just not tune in

idk if the mets are being cheap or these teams are trying to **** them.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    ·
    1m
    Considering the deadline is at 4, I would sure hope so.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Mets talking to the Cubs about Bryant/Baez + Davies.

I still say go get all 3, even if you have to give up PCA/Ginn/Mauricio.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    That would be after the trade deadline is already over. So we tune in if they did something. Otherwise it will be excuse after excuse where we can just not tune in
    Thanks, not awake yet. For some reason I had it in my head that 7/31 was the trade deadline.

Page 47 of 68 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast