Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumors

Texas wouldn't take Conforto back though. They'd want Dom I would guess, which I would be totally cool with. We could still easily add one of the good rental infielders available that are right handed.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Texas wouldn't take Conforto back though. They'd want Dom I would guess, which I would be totally cool with. We could still easily add one of the good rental infielders available that are right handed.
    Dom for Gallo would be a good deal, but we still have a need for a reliever and unless Carrasco and deGrom both come back soon, we better get a 5th starter who can stay healthy. Also, not sure what is wrong with Taijuan now, since he has not looked good in 2 straight starts. If he has some sort of injury then we are in deep doodoo.

When Carrasco comes back, he will likely be the opener on the days he starts and they will ramp up his innings as he starts coming back.

And what is up with deGrom? I was just looking at the Syracuse Mets pitching staff. Wow, does that look horrible. 7.96 ERA and 1.92 WHIP over the last 10 games leading to a 3-7 record. The hitting looks ok as their team OPS has been .798 over the same last 10 games.

Needless to say, no help from the Syracuse team. Megill never went to AAA and it is probably a good thing since they all seem to suck there.

Brewers got Escobar from ARI. Are we gonna do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    Dom for Gallo would be a good deal, but we still have a need for a reliever and unless Carrasco and deGrom both come back soon, we better get a 5th starter who can stay healthy. Also, not sure what is wrong with Taijuan now, since he has not looked good in 2 straight starts. If he has some sort of injury then we are in deep doodoo.

When Carrasco comes back, he will likely be the opener on the days he starts and they will ramp up his innings as he starts coming back.

And what is up with deGrom? I was just looking at the Syracuse Mets pitching staff. Wow, does that look horrible. 7.96 ERA and 1.92 WHIP over the last 10 games leading to a 3-7 record. The hitting looks ok as their team OPS has been .798 over the same last 10 games.

Needless to say, no help from the Syracuse team. Megill never went to AAA and it is probably a good thing since they all seem to suck there.
    Walker was on the sticky stuff.

I'd love to swing a deal for Gallo using Dom Smith. Then go for Gray and Story. I can't imagine those deals would cost much in high prospects, especially by sending Texas Dom

Looks like MIL got Escobar without giving any top 30 prospects.

Escobar has very similar numbers as Baez. Man I can't imagine Baez costing much more than what MIL just traded. Hopefully that's the case, but if it is I'm sure there will be a lot of suiters.

baez isnt any better then villar or guiolrme

Quote Originally Posted by iceman49 View Post
    baez isnt any better then villar or guiolrme
    Much better than Guillorme for sure lol

I don't know. Unless we get a player who is a starter and clearly a better WAR value than what we have, I would rather just go after the pitching right now. That is what we need the most.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    I don't know. Unless we get a player who is a starter and clearly a better WAR value than what we have, I would rather just go after the pitching right now. That is what we need the most.
    Almost want to punt on the trade deadline and go with what we have.
    I see us as a playoff team, but far from a WS contender. Rather keep our pieces and make the overall organization better. Rather get better with Free Agents

Unless itís a steal of course or something like Conforto for Bryant

No reason the Cubs would trade a rental for a rental.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    No reason the Cubs would trade a rental for a rental.
    Well, reality is a 3rd team would be involved

Gallo scratched from lineup tonight...

Gallo is going somewhere. Baez would have the best 2021 WAR value so far of all of our infielders including Alonso. He would also have the third best OPS of our infielders after J.D. and Alonso (meaning Baez is doing much better than Lindor for example). Baez could play ss until Lindor gets back then move to 3b. Keep McNeil at 2b.

Gallo to the Yanks. Oh well.

Makes Davis expendable i suppose but he is the best offensive player we have right now.

Page 37 of 68 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast