Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Trade Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    He’s in Single A ball. He will come up most likely 2023 at the earliest.
    Because he just conning back from TJ.

He can easily start at AA next year but even if he starts at high A and moves up to AA, is not unheard off moving to the majors after a handful of AAA starts. Look at Megill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And he can easily start in High A, they are not going to have him skip a level coming off an injury.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

And he can easily start in High A, they are not going to have him skip a level coming off an injury.
    I said as much and again I’ll repeat. He can start there and move up AA rather fast and be seen as a guy that can possibly make his debut around August if he has pitched well like Megill who had what 8 starts? Between AA and AAA?

Megill was forced in the majors out of necessity as opposed that was their plan.

Again, if the Mets are looking for help, teams will look at Ginn. And Ginn shouldn’t stop a trade especially of Berrios’ ilk.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Can we trade Diaz please

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Megill was forced in the majors out of necessity as opposed that was their plan.

Again, if the Mets are looking for help, teams will look at Ginn. And Ginn shouldn’t stop a trade especially of Berrios’ ilk.
    Yes but he put himself there and so can Ginn because as we have seen starting pitching will always be a huge need and you need at least 10 guys in a year to make starts.

Imo, any and all minor leaguers are on the table depending who we get back and how much, in years, of said player we get back. Minor league players are commodities. If berrios is coming to us in trade then Ginn is in play. Ginn has no track record. Berrios is doing it, period. Again, just my opinion

SNY@SNYtv
    The Mets scouted a Diamondbacks game in July.

One player who suits their needs perfectly is Merrill Kelly, but the prospect cost is said to be "high" (via
    @martinonyc
    ) https://on.sny.tv/InhzLaC

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yes but he put himself there and so can Ginn because as we have seen starting pitching will always be a huge need and you need at least 10 guys in a year to make starts.

. Agreed

https://twitter.com/jacob_resnick/st...183405062?s=21

So he will likely start next year at AA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    So he will likely start next year at AA.

Could be.

As per Zack Scott on the Jon Heyman podcast, deGrom has mild forearm tightness.
    They are not overly concerned but being being cautious.

Lindor should be out 4-6 weeks.
    Will probably play Villar, Guillorme and Peraza in the interm.

Right now, there aren't a lot of teams motivated to trade pitchers with multiple years of control.

The kind of player they are looking for offensively is someone with versatility. (Bryant)

He's very happy with the work Megill has done and he feels good about him

Zack thinks the roster right now is a World Series team. Components of a WS team include: strong back-end bullpen, strong front-end of the rotation, and a balanced lineup

They need to be smart about weighing the short-term vs. the long-term

He still believes in Edwin Diaz and his stuff as the closer

He doesn't necessarily think it has to be a closer if they add to the bullpen, it would be a good quality arm to help in high leverage

Starting pitching is their number 1 goal, and has been for awhile.

If the Mets go over the luxury tax they will go over it substantially. As per Zack Scott.
    They are more concerned about going over the threshold besides money. Comp picks move back to the 4th round, international pool money gets lower. Stuff like that. It has more to do with the future instead of the present. But Steve told Zack, if you go over it better be more than a dollar.

Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast