Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Don't overlook the fact (The Athletic story mentions it) how bad the ****ing front office whiffed at the 2020 draft. They picked 3 players inside the top 36 that all appear to be misses. Specifically they had Saddiq Bey fall right in their lap at #18 and instead they picked Josh Green, an athletic off guard with no discernible basketball skills. Meanwhile the more rangy 6'7" Saddiq Bey was NBA ready and hit almost 40% on 6.5 three attempts per game for Detroit. That type of 3 and D sharp shooting could have helped the Mavs this season and in the playoffs. That is an example of the front office mismanagement in team building around Luka. Bob V and Donnie should be blown out and replaced with competent people.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Don't overlook the fact (The Athletic story mentions it) how bad the ****ing front office whiffed at the 2020 draft. They picked 3 players inside the top 36 that all appear to be misses. Specifically they had Saddiq Bey fall right in their lap at #18 and instead they picked Josh Green, an athletic off guard with no discernible basketball skills. Meanwhile the more rangy 6'7" Saddiq Bey was NBA ready and hit almost 40% on 6.5 three attempts per game for Detroit. That type of 3 and D sharp shooting could have helped the Mavs this season and in the playoffs. That is an example of the front office mismanagement in team building around Luka. Bob V and Donnie should be blown out and replaced with competent people.
    Personally I would have taken Bey however if Green develops his shooting Green will end up being the better player. Bey averaged what 12ppg? It’s not like he’s battling for ROY or anything. Green is more athletic, can handle the ball, and plays extremely good defense. For the long run Green is the better player. I need to see Tyrell Terry more before passing judgement on him. Having training camp and summer league will help both of them immensely. Not to mention Saddiq’s brother who also plays for the Mavs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted Saddiq Bey to the 76ers at 21 so bad in the draft LOL.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234