Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What does dallas need to do this off season to get over the hump?

2 playoff matchups and 2 losses and i get it is out West but doncic honestly cant be better outside of his fts then how he has been in this series right now... Do the mavs trade porz/richardson? Do they need a curry type player? Do they need less iso from doncic and more ball movement? also Who should they add and get rid of?
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 06-07-2021 at 02:31 AM.

Hope that luka can get on kawhis level

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Hope that luka can get on kawhis level
    well i dont think its that simple... how often did luka play compared to KL? Did KL play at this level that luka has when he was this young and what help did both have around them? my money right now that all of this favors luka. I just feel like the porz fit/ricardson fit is a bad fit with luka and luka needs to ball handle less and worry less about the step back 3 and more about moving the rock... stats are cool but there is a downside to running every single thing through a player every possesion he is on the floor.

Beg someone to take KP and his albatross of a contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blow it up

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Blow it up

You are correct sir. The supporting cast is literally so bad that you could blow it all up and fill in with veteran minimums, mid level exceptions and a few other pieces and likely be more competent. This is the definition of an organizational failure.

They need a true No. 2 for Doncic, and they're not going to find it on this roster. With Hardaway being a free agent and Richardson having a player option, I could see Cuban trying to blow up some of this core to find enough cap room for a second All-Star.

The problem is that this is a weak free agent class, and unless Kawhi or CP3 shockingly decide to go elsewhere, the pickings for a second star are pretty slim. KP's contract doesn't do them any favors either.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    They need a true No. 2 for Doncic, and they're not going to find it on this roster. With Hardaway being a free agent and Richardson having a player option, I could see Cuban trying to blow up some of this core to find enough cap room for a second All-Star.

The problem is that this is a weak free agent class, and unless Kawhi or CP3 shockingly decide to go elsewhere, the pickings for a second star are pretty slim. KP's contract doesn't do them any favors either.
    I was trying to find a way to see if they could trade for CJ as he would be a nice piece around Luka. But that KP extension is looking like Harris did last year. They need some of that magic for either getting him back on track or just hope some team is willing to take a chance on the name.

Trade KP

Let Hardaway walk unless he's willing to sign an extremely team friendly deal. Potentially facilitate a sign and trade for him.

Guarantee Brunson's $1.8 million contract.

Do not re-sign JJ, Meli, or Bobi.

Decline WCS team option, do not re-sign unless for the minimum.

Hope Richardson declines his player option, maybe apply some elbow grease to make sure this happens. Do not re-sign him if he opts out. Similar to THJ could try to facilitate a sign and trade but I think his market is pretty limited.

Trade Powell, even if its negative value (for no returning salary).

Unless someone wants em, I guess hold onto Burke and Maxi.

That right there is only $32.5 in salary for 7 guys, plus whatever you get back for KP. Obviously have incomplete roster charges too. But if KP returns a couple non-guaranteed guys or flipable pieces it's probably no more than KP's $31.7 salary. That's only $64 million on the books maximum, but probably far less.

Mavs go into free agency with almost $50 million in cap space (if not more, depending on order of operations). It's not a strong FA class but Mavs fans here have said they aren't a FA destination for big names anyway.

So, can try to probably nab 2 of Collins/Lowry/Conley/DeRozan/Robinson/Markkanen. Not great but better than the shell of KP as the lone co-star.

Lowry
    Luka
    DFS
    Collins
    W.e you get back for KP/buy a 2nd rounder

Or

Conley
    Luka
    DFS
    DeRozan

Or

Luka
    Dinwiddie
    Robinson
    DFS
    Markkanen

Idk, there are options out there to make moves; For better or worse.

Luka is 22 and already a top 5 player. Blow up everything around him and go all out to acquire a 2nd star next to him. Still plenty of time to build around him and I know they just barely lost to the Clippers x2 but the current roster just won't do it. They'd get pounded by Denver or Phoenix as well.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/s...181688835?s=21

Oh the irony.

I think the funniest part about this upcoming off season is there are so many guys classified as untradable or having albatross contacts, they should all just get in a big trade together lol

They need a #2 and will go through FA probably.

Can see them offering Kyle Lowry or Demar $75 mil/3 years for either one. Don't think Demar would help though. Lowry should but small window.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Trade KP

Let Hardaway walk unless he's willing to sign an extremely team friendly deal. Potentially facilitate a sign and trade for him.

Guarantee Brunson's $1.8 million contract.

Do not re-sign JJ, Meli, or Bobi.

Decline WCS team option, do not re-sign unless for the minimum.

Hope Richardson declines his player option, maybe apply some elbow grease to make sure this happens. Do not re-sign him if he opts out. Similar to THJ could try to facilitate a sign and trade but I think his market is pretty limited.

Trade Powell, even if its negative value (for no returning salary).

Unless someone wants em, I guess hold onto Burke and Maxi.

That right there is only $32.5 in salary for 7 guys, plus whatever you get back for KP. Obviously have incomplete roster charges too. But if KP returns a couple non-guaranteed guys or flipable pieces it's probably no more than KP's $31.7 salary. That's only $64 million on the books maximum, but probably far less.

Mavs go into free agency with almost $50 million in cap space (if not more, depending on order of operations). It's not a strong FA class but Mavs fans here have said they aren't a FA destination for big names anyway.

So, can try to probably nab 2 of Collins/Lowry/Conley/DeRozan/Robinson/Markkanen. Not great but better than the shell of KP as the lone co-star.

Lowry
    Luka
    DFS
    Collins

Or

Conley
    Luka
    DFS
    DeRozan

Or

Luka
    Dinwiddie
    Robinson
    DFS
    Markkanen

Idk, there are options out there to make moves; For better or worse.
    I feel like you glossed over that first point pretty quickly. KP's contract is atrocious. It's not Westbrook or Wall level terrible, but it's bad enough that you're going to need to attach assets to get someone to take him or take a bad contract or two in return for him.

I agree they should be targeting some of the few marquee free agents available in the offseason, but I think they'd be lucky if they were able to add one, much less, two. And if they lose Hardaway in the process, I wonder how much better they'll be. Like if you replace Hardaway for Derozan, Lowry or Conley, is that enough to make them a contender?

I think what they do with KP will ultimately determine their fate moving forward. If they can find a way to move him without dealing a ton of assets in the process or can find a way to move him for useful pieces, they could put themselves in a very strong position. But I wouldn't be surprised if they don't find any takers and we're sitting here a year from now and asking the same questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    They need a #2 and will go through FA probably.

Can see them offering Kyle Lowry or Demar $75 mil/3 years for either one. Don't think Demar would help though. Lowry should but small window.
    I don't think a 35 and soon to be 32 year old are the answer(s), but I do agree its their best/only shot at help fast. Could probably land both.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast