Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 303 of 307 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,545 of 4598
  1. #4531
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    I agree and I'm not a RWB fan. Alot of pressure was put on that boy Ben Simmons coz he was supposedly gona be the next big thing. Imagine being under the bright lights of LA if he becomes a Laker eventually.
    I know right hell even give me Westbrook over Simmons. I can't wait to see what Russ, AD and Bron do together out in LA.

  2. #4532
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    40,213
    Vogel hopped on Spectrum’s “LakeShow” podcast on Wednesday and shed some light on AD’s apparent physical transformation this summer. Clearly, Davis’ new look has Vogel feeling particularly optimistic about the upcoming season. “He put a lot of work this off-season into his body, a lot of work,” Vogel said. “We had a moment maybe two weeks ago, where he had been training at home and we had a lot of conversations about concerns we have with our team … And (AD) comes in for a workout, the first time we’ve seen him for a while, and his body looked imposing. And we all just looked at each other like, ‘We’re going to be really good this year. Just looking at that guy right there, we’re going to be really good this year.’” – via Michael Corvo @ Clutch Points
    Frank Vogel, Anthony Davis, Los Angeles Lakers

    If Davis is on great shape and stronger, then the this team will be a freaking machine!
    Soon to be seen together!

  3. #4533
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    13,159
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Vogel hopped on Spectrum’s “LakeShow” podcast on Wednesday and shed some light on AD’s apparent physical transformation this summer. Clearly, Davis’ new look has Vogel feeling particularly optimistic about the upcoming season. “He put a lot of work this off-season into his body, a lot of work,” Vogel said. “We had a moment maybe two weeks ago, where he had been training at home and we had a lot of conversations about concerns we have with our team … And (AD) comes in for a workout, the first time we’ve seen him for a while, and his body looked imposing. And we all just looked at each other like, ‘We’re going to be really good this year. Just looking at that guy right there, we’re going to be really good this year.’” – via Michael Corvo @ Clutch Points
    Frank Vogel, Anthony Davis, Los Angeles Lakers

    If Davis is on great shape and stronger, then the this team will be a freaking machine!
    Let's see if he has solved his Mr. Glass problems in the offseason.

  4. #4534
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,536
    Quote Originally Posted by mave1002 View Post
    goat

  5. #4535
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    13,159
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    goat
    Until his decline, then you will watch someone else.

    Sorry, couldn't help it.

  6. #4536
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    40,213
    Lakers plan to keep 15th roster spot open for now


    Jovan Buha: Rob Pelinka says that the Lakers will likely enter the season with their 15th roster spot open, and are trying to finalize a decision on their 14th roster spot before training camp begins on Tues., Sept. 28. – via Twitter jovanbuha
    Top Rumors, Free Agency, Rob Pelinka, Los Angeles Lakers

    Dave McMenamin: Rob Pelinka says that LeBron James has “slimmed up” coming into this season. He says being leaner should translate to more explosiveness for James, who is starting season No. 19 of his career and will turn 37 in December. – via Twitter mcten
    Rob Pelinka, LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers

    Kyle Goon: Rob Pelinka on the Lakers so far: “It just feels like this group realizes that everyone will have to … set a selfish desire aside,” for the realization of the team success, and that LeBron is leading that mentality so far this offseason. – via Twitter kylegoon
    Rob Pelinka, Los Angeles Lakers

    Ryan Ward: Lakers GM Rob Pelinka on the team’s plan heading into the offseason: “Three primary goals and objectives” – Add playmaking, shooting and two rebounding, defensive centers – via Twitter RyanWardLA
    Rob Pelinka, Los Angeles Lakers


    Mark Medina: Lakers GM Rob Pelinka has praised Anthony Davis for being a “quiet worker” and joked that he adding “wedding singing” to his skillset. Pelinka said AD’s primary goals is “to win a championship” and to be “the most dominant and best two-way player in the game.” – via Twitter MarkG_Medina
    Rob Pelinka, Anthony Davis, Los Angeles Lakers

    Chris Mannix: Rob Pelinka says all Lakers players will be deemed fully vaccinated by opening night. – via Twitter SIChrisMannix
    Rob Pelinka, Los Angeles Lakers

    Storyline: Coronavirus Vaccine
    Bill Oram: Rob Pelinka just said on Zoom the Lakers will be a “fully vaccinated” team by opening night. Pelinka said he is “grateful we won’t have interruptions by unvaccinated status of a player or a staff member.” – via Twitter billoram
    Rob Pelinka, Los Angeles Lakers

    Ryan Ward: Lakers GM Rob Pelinka said the team made an “aggressive attempt” to re-sign Alex Caruso, but ultimately he chose to sign with the Bulls. – via Twitter RyanWardLA
    Rob Pelinka, Alex Caruso, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers

    Kyle Goon: Rob Pelinka on Caruso going to the Bulls: “Alex was tremendous here as a championship player,” and that the Lakers will forever be grateful for his contributions. “We pursued him and wanted to keep him,” but says Alex decided to go a different way. – via Twitter kylegoon
    Rob Pelinka, Alex Caruso, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers

    Kyle Goon: Rob Pelinka says he hopes Talen Horton-Tucker will establish himself as a “dominant defensive player” after being re-signed by the Lakers in restricted free agency, and the Lakers also want to see him grow as a playmaker and passer. – via Twitter kylegoon
    Free Agency, Rob Pelinka, Talen Horton-Tucker, Los Angeles Lakers

    Kyle Goon: As an aside, Rob Pelinka mentions that he visited Phil Jackson in Montana during the offseason. – via Twitter kylegoon
    Soon to be seen together!

  7. #4537
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    16,183
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    goat
    For the PG/SF cat, no question. SG cat belongs to MJ. Again, for me BBALL should have categories for GOAT per position.

    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Until his decline, then you will watch someone else.

    Sorry, couldn't help it.
    LOL

  8. #4538
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    16,183

  9. #4539
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    16,183

  10. #4540
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    16,183
    https://twitter.com/scoreboard_hq/st...05364536397824

    During the 2016 season, Anthony Davis had a game for the ages

  11. #4541
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    35,150
    While the Lakers could start the regular season with as many as 15 guaranteed contracts, the team’s general manager Rob Pelinka said that the plan is to only sign one more player to a guaranteed contract before training camp.

    “We do have two open roster spots, 14 and 15,” Pelinka said on Thursday. “Most likely 15 will be held (open), just with the tax implications and also holding that potentially for the buyout deadline. That’s usually a tool that a lot of contenders use. So I think there’s a likelihood there.”

    But Pelinka also didn’t want to commit to anything, even if he made it sounds pretty likely that spot No. 14 gets filled in the next few days.

    “We’re never absolute, we’re always fluid and anything could be presented. And we are in kind of our final evaluations on what to do with the 14th spot,” Pelinka said. “That’s something that we will make the decision on and around before camp starts on Tuesday. So we’re still kind of evaluating that as we speak.”

  12. #4542
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    3,119
    Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    Lakers plan to keep 15th roster spot open for now


    Jovan Buha: Rob Pelinka says that the Lakers will likely enter the season with their 15th roster spot open, and are trying to finalize a decision on their 14th roster spot before training camp begins on Tues., Sept. 28. – via Twitter jovanbuha
    Top Rumors, Free Agency, Rob Pelinka, Los Angeles Lakers

    Dave McMenamin: Rob Pelinka says that LeBron James has “slimmed up” coming into this season. He says being leaner should translate to more explosiveness for James, who is starting season No. 19 of his career and will turn 37 in December. – via Twitter mcten
    Rob Pelinka, LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers

    Kyle Goon: Rob Pelinka on the Lakers so far: “It just feels like this group realizes that everyone will have to … set a selfish desire aside,” for the realization of the team success, and that LeBron is leading that mentality so far this offseason. – via Twitter kylegoon
    Rob Pelinka, Los Angeles Lakers

    Ryan Ward: Lakers GM Rob Pelinka on the team’s plan heading into the offseason: “Three primary goals and objectives” – Add playmaking, shooting and two rebounding, defensive centers – via Twitter RyanWardLA
    Rob Pelinka, Los Angeles Lakers


    Mark Medina: Lakers GM Rob Pelinka has praised Anthony Davis for being a “quiet worker” and joked that he adding “wedding singing” to his skillset. Pelinka said AD’s primary goals is “to win a championship” and to be “the most dominant and best two-way player in the game.” – via Twitter MarkG_Medina
    Rob Pelinka, Anthony Davis, Los Angeles Lakers

    Chris Mannix: Rob Pelinka says all Lakers players will be deemed fully vaccinated by opening night. – via Twitter SIChrisMannix
    Rob Pelinka, Los Angeles Lakers

    Storyline: Coronavirus Vaccine
    Bill Oram: Rob Pelinka just said on Zoom the Lakers will be a “fully vaccinated” team by opening night. Pelinka said he is “grateful we won’t have interruptions by unvaccinated status of a player or a staff member.” – via Twitter billoram
    Rob Pelinka, Los Angeles Lakers

    Ryan Ward: Lakers GM Rob Pelinka said the team made an “aggressive attempt” to re-sign Alex Caruso, but ultimately he chose to sign with the Bulls. – via Twitter RyanWardLA
    Rob Pelinka, Alex Caruso, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers

    Kyle Goon: Rob Pelinka on Caruso going to the Bulls: “Alex was tremendous here as a championship player,” and that the Lakers will forever be grateful for his contributions. “We pursued him and wanted to keep him,” but says Alex decided to go a different way. – via Twitter kylegoon
    Rob Pelinka, Alex Caruso, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers

    Kyle Goon: Rob Pelinka says he hopes Talen Horton-Tucker will establish himself as a “dominant defensive player” after being re-signed by the Lakers in restricted free agency, and the Lakers also want to see him grow as a playmaker and passer. – via Twitter kylegoon
    Free Agency, Rob Pelinka, Talen Horton-Tucker, Los Angeles Lakers

    Kyle Goon: As an aside, Rob Pelinka mentions that he visited Phil Jackson in Montana during the offseason. – via Twitter kylegoon


    Like hearing all this preseason hype

  13. #4543
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    35,150
    Donatas Urbonas: Some clarification on terms Tarik Black is returning to the NBA. The Denver*Nuggets signed Black to an Exhibit 10 contract, per sources.*More on @BasketNews_com

    *

    –*via*Twitter*Urbodo

    Lol to bring some memories to Lakers fans

  14. #4544
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    863

  15. #4545
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    40,213
    Is this guy the last one before the season starts?
    Lakers worked out veteran wing James Ennis for roster spot


    Jovan Buha: Free agent James Ennis worked out for the Lakers this week, sources tell @The Athletic. As Lakers vice president of basketball operations and general manager Rob Pelinka said on Thursday, the team is looking to fill its 14th roster spot by training camp next Tuesday. – via Twitter jovanbuha
    Soon to be seen together!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •