Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 89 of 306 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 4579
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Hopefully we can get some shooters in here who can actually makes open shots in a laker uniform (not guys who are decent shooters and then suck once we sign them lol). As great as LBJ is, I think his game is to a large extent dependent on having guys who can knock down open shots and so we need to bring in a few of those guys and actually have them do their job. This goes double now that we have Westbrook as we'll need guys who can space the floor.
    Nice

Joe Mullinax: Ziaire Williams said it just hit him that he’s playing LeBron. Ziaire was Bronny’s teammate at Sierra Canyon HS 1 hour ago – via Twitter sbnGrizzlies
    Soon to be seen together!

Woj announcing the trade for BH?
    https://youtu.be/yWZrRHpbvw0

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Two veterans whose names have been linked to the Lakers are Portland Trail Blazers forward Carmelo Anthony and San Antonio Spurs forward Rudy Gay, according to Bleacher Report’s Jake Fischer.
    This I would love. But getting Rudy instead of Keef, no, not for mine. I love the edge Keef brings and he can play small ball C. Rudy is a solid shooter and very savvy vet though. He’d be a nice replacement piece. Melo, we’ll I just think he’s a perfect fit for a number of reasons. 4th (or 5th) star for the min for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Can't lose our backcourts defensive identity.

AC and Wes are arguably the two best defenders among UFA guards this year. Can't let those two walk.
    Agree wholeheartedly. Wes is diminishing but he still has the nous to be a very solid bench player. Not my first choice, but a solid choice. AC is our spark-plug. He’s a priority. THT also has massive defensive upside. Could be anything - worth the investment, if not for our future gain also.

Classy message by Kuz, wish him the best.
    I hold no misgivings for Kuz, in fact, I like him as a player and a person. The world takes all types. Good luck in SAC. Oops, did I say that out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by Yenlard View Post
    Excellent article on the Lakers options going forward

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/r...w-point-guard/
    That’s what I’ve been saying. Until it’s over, it’s not over. Buddy would make us siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. I’m betting on a 4 way with our pick going to IND and Kuz/Trez getting us Buddy. DS will be a Wizard.

It appears Reaves opted not to get drafted in order to select his own spot after the draft.

“Reaves signed with the Lakers on a two-way deal following the draft,” wrote Sam Vecenie of The Athletic. “Sources told The Athletic that Reaves turned down the ability to get drafted in order to pick his own spot after the draft. Ultimately, the Lakers were the most attractive option, and it’s easy to see why.”
    Interesting move. FO obviously liked him. Good luck kid - in beating out my man McClung that is. Lol. Solid shooter who was rated early on - must be decent to get a two-way straight up - fingers crossed for another drafting/UFA gem. We also signed a nice prospect to a 10 day show and tell contract I believe. Was ranked 60 in the Top 100 by one source. Here’s hoping we can do 4 Caruso’s. Ayayi (2 way) Reaves (2 way) McClung (Training camp) +1 (10 day).

Anthony Davis expected to play more center in 2021-22

This brings up one consequence of the trade: Davis is expected to play more minutes at center next season,*according to sources. It won’t be full-time, but it’s required to maximize the roster’s spacing, shooting and transition attack. Davis has historically been reluctant to play the five unless it’s the playoffs — even if he publicly denies it — but he doesn’t have much of a choice.

–*via*Jovan Buha @ The Athletic
    Add a shot blocking big like Whiteside or McGee or Howard and this will be fine. Gasol is still a nice fit with his outside shot and exceptional passing skills.

# - As an aside, I’m not completely convinced DDR doesn’t come for the MLE. Reckon he would know we would love him to come but that the salary gymnastics were just too hard if we hard capped ourselves in a S/T. Maybe money isn’t an issue. Maybe LBJ in their chat opened up some business/investment options outside basketball for DDR. If he wasn’t a LA native and the fact he wanted to play here, I’d forget it, but just maybe. Same as Javale, reckon he’s a monty to come home if asked. He has set himself up outside basketball in LA and would welcome a return. His inclusion in the USA team is a very solid endorsement.

If DDR doesn’t take the MLE, then Porter would be a sensational get. Defensive prowess is also a need. Alec Burks is another shooting option. I would also be ringing JJ Redick, but I think he wants home to the north-east somewhere. JJ would be an excellent fit. Do nothing but shoot.

I still like McLemore. I like how he knew his role was to shoot, and he did, and was solid I thought. Another off-season with the team would only increase his fit/output.

Avery Bradley or Jeff Teague would be a solid 3rd point guard. AB was awesome prior to the bubble. I’d also get IT in for a try-out. His 3pt is very solid and he’s got playmaking ability. Heaven forbid we get another injury riddled season.

Quote Originally Posted by Yenlard View Post
    Not surprising....as we all know about Westbrook’s personality. GMs Lebron and AD were pretty persuasive.
    Unfortunately you have to make your superstars happy. We will see if they put their egos aside for the greater good. But can you imagine and pick n roll with Russ and AD?

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Westbrook is Mini Mamba
    I see very few similarities

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    ok
    Ban that fool!!

I have a large penis. It might happen.
    Yeah.. We’re gonna need to see proof..

Quote Originally Posted by lf85 View Post
    ban that fool!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lf85 View Post
    yeah.. We’re gonna need to see proof..
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    To get Hield to LA

Los Angeles Lakers receive: Buddy Hield
    Sacramento Kings receive: Dennis Schroder, Marc Gasol, and KCP
    Washington wanted KCP, and why would Dennis want to go to SAC when they have Fox?
    I think Gasol will be a better fit for this type of team he can stand at the 3 point line like he wants, asa bench player of course.

If ya ain't talkin bout Chips
    Ya ain't talkin bout ****!!!!
    🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

Can we really sign Dennis to a 20 mil deal then trade him?
    I know he has to pick the team.

I can see a team missing out on Lowry and wanting Dennis on a 1+1 deal for 40.
    No team is giving him 100 Mil.... I would think
    Last edited by RubberBand_Man; 07-30-2021 at 10:38 PM.

If ya ain't talkin bout Chips
    Ya ain't talkin bout ****!!!!
    🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

ok
    LF85 is right, can we ban this fool from posting stupid things like that?

LF85 is right, can we ban this fool from posting stupid things like that?
    I swear that dude is trolling.

Some of here thought last season that Dennis was the missing piece of the machine, but now Westbroken is that player. I never live this guy because of his ego, but this guy is going to get this team to another level. He has the mind and the desire to play and now be a Laker.Once Pelinka finish the core, it will be extremely fun to watch them play together.

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    I swear that dude is trolling.
    Yeah but he's definitely not good at it.