Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 300 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    So you're trading 56 million for 27 million?

Have you any idea of what the salary cap is?
    Lmao! Heís playing 2K with the cap turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    Lmao! Heís playing 2K with the cap turned off.
    Lol!

I guess not everyone is a cap expert, I am not one but still we have to do the maths...

So you're trading 56 million for 27 million?

Have you any idea of what the salary cap is?
    Plus the fact that weíre trading 4 players for 1.. DD is a good player but he ainít worth all that..

Plus the fact that weíre trading 4 players for 1.. DD is a good player but he ainít worth all that..
    Agreed

Didnít I suggest we go after DDR and then get his mate Lowry to come across to play with him?

Just sayingÖÖ

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Question for Tex. How do you think we can add Demar and Lowry to our team since both a free agents and if we do a S&T with one of them, then it would trigger the hardcap?
    I'm sure alot of players are interested in playing for the Lakers but are they willing to make a very big financial sacrifice to do it? Who TF is Broderick Turner? How would he get this info?

Maybe if 1 (most likely DDR) were to take our TMLE and Toronto take Kuzma & THT in a S/T for Lowry making $20M.

LBJ 41,180
    AD 35,361
    KL 20
    KCP 13
    MH 9.7
    DDR 6
    Deng 5
    MG 2.7
    Thats 132.7M with the hard cap at 136.6M

So we'd have to let DS leave for nothing & let Caruso leave for nothing. Give KCP away for nothing to get another $13M to sign a few vet min players just to fill out the roster.

Something like that. Just looks like too much.

So
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I'm sure alot of players are interested in playing for the Lakers but are they willing to make a very big financial sacrifice to do it? Who TF is Broderick Turner? How would he get this info?

Maybe if 1 (most likely DDR) were to take our TMLE and Toronto take Kuzma & THT in a S/T for Lowry making $20M.

LBJ 41,180
    AD 35,361
    KL 20
    KCP 13
    MH 9.7
    DDR 6
    Deng 5
    MG 2.7
    Thats 132.7M with the hard cap at 136.6M

So we'd have to let DS leave for nothing & let Caruso leave for nothing. Give KCP away for nothing to get another $13M to sign a few vet min players just to fill out the roster.

Something like that. Just looks like too much.

So
    Eric Pincus

@EricPincus

A hard-capped team cannot spend more than an est. $143 mil for the coming season - period, in any scenario or combination of possibilities

Eric Pincus

@EricPincus

A hard-capped team cannot spend more than an est. $143 mil for the coming season - period, in any scenario or combination of possibilities
    Iwent off a different projection but just rechecked it and it was dated in 2020 so it must be more then projected.

Still though, how realistic is it that DDR takes the TMLE and Lowry take less then what he can make somewhere else? I can see both going to either NY or Miami

Iwent off a different projection but just rechecked it and it was dated in 2020 so it must be more then projected.

Still though, how realistic is it that DDR takes the TMLE and Lowry take less then what he can make somewhere else? I can see both going to either NY or Miami
    Honestly I'm sure 80% of the rumors are BS, but Lowry alone could be added in a S&T for DS plus Kuz or THT.

Honestly I'm sure 80% of the rumors are BS, but Lowry alone could be added in a S&T for DS plus Kuz or THT.
    With this scenario.... Does DS play ball and is reasonable with his contract demand or does he try and take advantage of the situation and try and get more then his worth? How much is Toronto willing to pay DS?

I expect THT to sign for 4/50 (just what I believe) so THT and Kuzma would work but now is THT gonna sign off on going to Toronto? Especially if he can most likely get that same contract from NY.

Not my suggestion, I was quoting some writer that suggested it. Link in post #525. IMO it makes sense though, $100M guaranteed compared to $44M. Everything played perfectly for him to do this also.

Let me get this out the way though, I'm not a CP3 fan. Never have been. Was actually mad when we traded for him back in the day. I felt we gave up too much size (Odom & Gasol) for a player who I never thought would've been a good fit with Kobe. Just cause I've never been a fan of CP3 doesn't mean I was a hater. You know when I dislike a player lol...

I am though a fan of winning championships. I know we have a very small window and have very little assets to trade. Also no cap space for the foreseeable future. I do believe we have a few options for a vet PG in the coming days. Breaking my brain the last few days I really do believe CP3 would be the best realistic option for us as long as we can get him rather cheaply (not including THT). Having to include THT would be a deal breaker for me and I'd look at other options. The 3 for $100M don't scare me none cause it's not coming out my pocket. And like I said, we won't have cap space for the next 2 years anyways.

Let me list the reasons IMO he'd be the best option for us:

We both have agreed that LBJ isn't a true leader, he's won cause he's always been the best player on the court by a good margin. He wants to be liked by his teammates too much to be a good leader. CP3 is a true leader on the court, I don't think even his haters can deny that. I don't disagree with anyone who says that Phoenix benefitted greatly in these play-offs because of the opposing teams injuries. Also agree that Phoenix doesn't make it that far if it weren't for them injuries. But I also want to add that even with all the injuries I don't believe Phoenix makes it that far without CP3. If Phoenix still had Oubre & Rubio I think we beat them with an injured AD.

CP3 wouldn't have anything close to the same weight he had to carry in Phoenix. He had to lead, teach how to win and play big minutes for Phoenix. We don't need for him to lead, we just need him to teach both AD & THT how to lead. We don't need for him to teach us how to win, we just need for him to play like he knows how. We don't need him to play 31.5 MPG in the regular season & 34 MPG in the play-offs, we just need 22-24 MPG in the regular season and 30-32 MPG in the play-offs.

I mentioned above about CP3 teaching both AD & THT how to lead. I really doubt AD will ever be a true alpha leader but that doesn't mean he shouldn't learn how to lead especially if our next leader will be a young player like a THT. Leaders don't grow on trees. Can't think of the last championship team that didn't have a strong leader. THT has shown leadership qualities, a no fear quality, a play-making quality. I can't think of a better mentor then CP3 for him.

I know we have other options but IMO if we can get CP3 cheap he's be my top choice.
    You said a lot here, I agree with the overall feel. His leadership will be good but I think his game is more important. The fact that heís a baller and makes everyone better is what Iím looking at. And based on how we look with and without playoff Rondo, Iíd say this team could hugely benefit from a genius level basketball IQ player who can also shoot the 3

I think Lowery would be the better fit. Westbrook canít shoot threeís. Simmons is scarred to shoot a free throw. We need to go all in. Who cares about THT. Lebronís window is closing. We should be in win now mode.
    I think this is part of the problem, we shouldn't be thinking about this team in terms of "LeBrons Window" doing that will just bring back the decade of sucking we had after the last title.
    Instead, we need to be looking at this as AD's team, how do we maximize him, how do we maximize HIS window, and then get LBJ to understand the moves that are being made are with AD in mind, and he needs to fit his game to that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Lonzo can shoot though. On offense is like playing 4 on 5 with Ben.
    Ben is in another world. He is an actual miserable shooter! Lonso is a decent shooter. I want Lowry, but only if he comes at a huge discount. I do not think that is possible, but Lebron has power. He might convince him and another good vet to join forces.
    Soon to be seen together!

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    I think this is part of the problem, we shouldn't be thinking about this team in terms of "LeBrons Window" doing that will just bring back the decade of sucking we had after the last title.
    Instead, we need to be looking at this as AD's team, how do we maximize him, how do we maximize HIS window, and then get LBJ to understand the moves that are being made are with AD in mind, and he needs to fit his game to that goal.
    AD is not an Alpha.. Heís a number 2 star..

Being totally honest, IMO we have a 1 year window to win a chip with LBJ. There's absolutely 0 excuses for next season, we have to win it all. If we don't win it all then there should be 0 expectations we will win it all the following year.