Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 205 of 205 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205
Results 3,061 to 3,068 of 3068
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Really? Why?
    I just can’t root for a team coached by Popovich and that has Durant on it. I was rooting for Slovenia to win it all.

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    I just can’t root for a team coached by Popovich and that has Durant on it. I was rooting for Slovenia to win it all.
    Loool

Team USA will not be the same team in the gold game but I hope at least we put up a good fight.

Meh - Aussies are out - don’t care.

For mine:
    Send Schroder somewhere for a TPE or let walk. Tax bill issues.
    Trade THT/Gasol for Beasley - Starting 2. THT I feel gets lost in rotation. Beasley is Buddy lite.
    4 spots - Bradley, Mykhailiuk, Cousins, JD. - excellent D PG to Mentor for Nunn, Developing 3/D, Stretch 5 that fits roster, locker room guy who helped get RW and is LBJ confidant.

Schröder's gamble
    By Bill Oram
    August 3, 2021 at 2:34 PM PDT
    Schröder's gamble
    The Lakers' moves have slammed the door shut on any possible return for Dennis Schröder. I had wondered if the Lakers letting Alex Caruso walk might have signaled that they would work something out to bring Schröder back on a short-term deal in a sixth man role. Obviously, that would have required a certain level of sacrifice from Schröder, who would be taking a demotion and a short-term deal to try to rehab his value. But nothing available is going to get him close to that four-year, $84 million contract extension he turned down midseason. So maybe a return from Schröder was far-fetched once the Lakers landed Russell Westbrook, but I could have at least talked myself into it.
    Now that decision on the extension looks like an all-time blunder for Schröder, whose options are dwindling as only the San Antonio Spurs and Oklahoma City Thunder still have cap space. Otherwise, Schröder could maybe hope to latch on for the midlevel exception somewhere. That’s a long way from the $100 million deal he was looking for. Schröder wanted to roll the dice in free agency, and this is what that risk can look like.
    (Photo: Kirby Lee / USA Today)
    Last edited by New Power House; Today at 10:26 AM.
    Soon to be seen together!

It looks like the most important piece was Spencer!
    Dinwiddie to Washington
    By The Athletic NBA Staff
    August 4, 2021 at 3:07 PM PDT
    Shams Charania: Free agent Spencer Dinwiddie is headed to the Washington Wizards on a three-year, $62 million contract via sign-and-trade, sources tell The Athletic. The Wizards are sending a second-round pick and a draft swap to Brooklyn to acquire Dinwiddie, sources said. The Wizards are sending Chandler Hutchison and a second-round pick to San Antonio, sources say.
    Alex Schiffer: The Nets didn’t give up Spencer Dinwiddie for nothing. They get back a 2024 second-round pick and a pick swap the following year. Oh, and a $11.5 million trade exception. Given the attrition the Nets dealt with this past season and the newly stacked Eastern Conference, this isn’t a bad asset to have in your back pocket if Brooklyn feels it’s a piece away from a title at next year’s trade deadline.
    Fred Katz: A five-team trade. My head hurts. Here are the details (that we know thus far):
    Wizards receive:
    Spencer Dinwiddie
    Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
    Montrezl Harrell
    Kyle Kuzma
    Aaron Holiday
    No. 31 pick Isaiah Todd
    Nets receive:
    Most favorable of MEM/WAS 2024 second-rounder
    Second-round 2025 GSW/WAS pick swap
    $11.5 million trade exception
    Spurs receive:
    Chandler Hutchison
    Most favorable of CHI/LAL/DET 2022 second-rounder
    Lakers receive:
    Russell Westbrook
    Least favorable of WAS/MEM 2024 second-rounder
    WAS 2028 second-rounder
    Pacers receive:
    No. 22 pick Isaiah Jackson

Still three more spots open and Dennis lost in his ego.
    More moves in L.A.
    By Jovan Buha
    August 3, 2021 at 2:23 PM PDT
    Re-signing Talen Horton-Tucker, which the Lakers have reportedly agreed to, was crucial for the Lakers after losing Alex Caruso and given the remaining options in free agency. His role should grow considerably next season, potentially as L.A.'s starting shooting guard -- depending on his 3-point improvement -- or sixth man.
    Kendrick Nunn also has agreed to a two-year, $10 million deal, according to our Shams Charania. I really like the Nunn signing for the Lakers. Shores up the backup point guard spot and gives the Lakers some extra juice offensively. They've now added five players who shot 38 percentor better on 3s last season: Wayne Ellington, Kent Bazemore, Carmelo Anthony, Malik Monk and Nunn.
    The Lakers' new projected depth chart:
    Point guard: Westbrook/Nunn/?
    Shooting guard: Ellington/THT/Monk
    Small Forward: James/Bazemore/?
    Power forward: Davis/Ariza/Anthony
    Center: Gasol/Howard/?
    Think Ellington starts for spacing purposes, but Bazemore and THT have cases.

I added the question marks.

Damn. DS might really end up playing in the euroleague or something and he might get his paycheck there.

I'm gonna pull a Schroeder with my boss at the office. If I end up getting the Vet Min that clocks in at a trillion bucks at my age. MWAAAHAHAHAHAHA!