Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    It appears one option the Lakers are exploring is Washington Wizards point guard Russell Westbrook with*Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated*reporting that a trade package involving Schroder, Kyle Kuzma and Talen Horton-Tucker is being discussed:

There have also been talks about Washington Wizards star Russell Westbrook being a potential candidate to move back home to Los Angeles in a sign-and-trade deal that could include free agent point guard Dennis Schroder, forward Kyle Kuzma and guard Talen Horton-Tucker, sources said.

I don't think we do that trade as reported. THT seems to be a FO favorite and the only young talent we have.

I think the trade would likely be

S&T Shroeder 4YR 90mil (4th yr team option or partial guarantee) 23mil in yr 1
    Kuz 13mil
    Alfonso Mckinnie 1.9mil

for

Westbrook & Daniel Gafford
    not a great fit at all. Could be our 2nd engine and bring attitude/ aggressiveness and athleticism especially in transition. Just limit him playing around the rim which could be easier with AD spacing the floor.
    Last edited by bolts4ever; 07-22-2021 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    No worries bro. I realize that. If it's between CP3 or Westbrick, I hate to say it, but I would pick Westbrick. I feel that Lebron could keep him in check and with AD playing the 5, he would be devastating driving to the lane. Great defender also when he wants to be.
    I would prefer Westy too, I hate CP3 too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Chris Paul or Russell Westbrook.

Looool. That's Steve Nash all over again.
    CP3 yes but Westy is in his early 30's.

Maybe I'll settle for a Westbrook if the Lakers can't get a Lonzo Ball (klutch), a Ricky Rubio, a Mike Conley. Maybe include Ben Simmons and Dejounte Murray (both Klutch if I'm not mistaken)

Id personally go for those names than the "big" names.

Or if the Wizards agree to take Schroder away from Staples and him only. I'm done with that mofo

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    At least Westbrick is in his early 30s vs 48 like Nash was. He still as 3 years of so of elite play left. Washington could ask for too much but I'm not trading our 20 year old possible future star for 36 year old guards.
    Yep at 32 Westbrook is not like Nash. Kyle and Melo would more fit that. Although i Would say CP3 seem to be getting there is a bit slow right now. Jrue wore him out. with that being said CP3, Lebron, Davis would be hell if healthy. Westbrook is more about shooting than his athletic ability.
    Last edited by ldawg; 07-22-2021 at 04:03 AM.

Maybe I'll settle for a Westbrook if the Lakers can't get a Lonzo Ball (klutch), a Ricky Rubio, a Mike Conley. Maybe include Ben Simmons and Dejounte Murray (both Klutch if I'm not mistaken)

Id personally go for those names than the "big" names.

Or if the Wizards agree to take Schroder away from Staples and him only. I'm done with that mofo
    Lol every single Lakers fan is done with that prick

Yes we are

Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    Yes we are
    I cringe everytime I remember. "I did this off the bench stuff already the last two years in OKC." few months later "I need a hundred mil".

Still think that if the team stayed healthy, had two shooters start with LBJ/AD, Drummond knew what his role was.. Trez was utilized properly, we would've knocked those suckers down. All of em'

Can't make the same mistake this year

I cringe everytime I remember. "I did this off the bench stuff already the last two years in OKC." few months later "I need a hundred mil".

Still think that if the team stayed healthy, had two shooters start with LBJ/AD, Drummond knew what his role was.. Trez was utilized properly, we would've knocked those suckers down. All of em'

+1

Health should be the top priority, because even with all those concerns, if we were fully healthy we would have still had a chance.

My line up for 21/22 Lakers

PG- Russell Westbrook
    SG- DeMar DeRozan
    SF- LeBron James
    PF- Anthony Davis
    C- Andre Drummond

Westbrook via trade; Wizards in return get Kuzma, Harrell, THT and draft picks

DeRozan doesn't get traded but comes to Laker Land as a free agent

Drummond re signs with Lakers

Y'all pretty much have a Big 5 in LA because LeBron and AD are All Stars so is Westbrook when healthy and DeRozan used to be an All Star and can be again and Drummond when he was in Detroit was an All Star

With this death lineup, who can beat the Lakers?

Forget Westbrook, forget CP3. Find the Lakers two solid consistent shooters that can knock down not just three pointers, but jump shots, to go along with James and AD, and the Lakers stream roll through the season. Change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Yep at 32 Westbrook is not like Nash. Kyle and Melo would more fit that. Although i Would say CP3 seem to be getting there is a bit slow right now. Jrue wore him out. with that being said CP3, Lebron, Davis would be hell if healthy. Westbrook is more about shooting than his athletic ability.
    Health would be very important. Especially with Lebron going into his 38th year and AD being AD. Less of a gamble if we get Westy. And yes he is not perfect but we were too soft last year and he brings fire and attitude that Dwight brought our Chip year. We need that back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    My line up for 21/22 Lakers

PG- Russell Westbrook
    SG- DeMar DeRozan
    SF- LeBron James
    PF- Anthony Davis
    C- Andre Drummond

Westbrook via trade; Wizards in return get Kuzma, Harrell, THT and draft picks

DeRozan doesn't get traded but comes to Laker Land as a free agent

Drummond re signs with Lakers

Y'all pretty much have a Big 5 in LA because LeBron and AD are All Stars so is Westbrook when healthy and DeRozan used to be an All Star and can be again and Drummond when he was in Detroit was an All Star

With this death lineup, who can beat the Lakers?
    My dream lineup

Santa Claus
    Easter Bunny
    Bugs Bunny
    Tazmanian Devil
    Elmer Fudd

Joking aside that would be a devastating lineup but very very unrealistic due to the cap. Asking both Drummond and DeMar to take 1/4 of what they can get, if that.

Page 39 of 115 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast