Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Clearly English and definitions is something you struggle with. The definition of a tossup is the things are equal.

So answer me this:

Do you have Kobe rated higher all-time than LeBron?

Do you think Kobe was better than LeBron?
    That is one, strict definition. Definitely not what I meant or how it's commonly used. In politics for ecample, a race that is too close to call is often described as a toss-up (that doesn't make political scientists liars if they pick one candidate over the other), it simply means it's really, really close and it could go either way. I give kobe the very slight edge at this point, but again, it's well within the margin of error, and could completely go the other way and I fully acknowledge that. This is pretty common use of the word as well and you know that, but you're trying to deflect for what you said about MJ

Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    That is one, strict definition. Definitely not what I meant or how it's commonly used. In politics for ecample, a race that is too close to call is often described as a toss-up (that doesn't make political scientists liars if they pick one candidate over the other), it simply means it's really, really close and it could go either way. I give kobe the very slight edge at this point, but again, it's well within the margin of error, and could completely go the other way and I fully acknowledge that. This is pretty common use of the word as well and you know that, but you're trying to deflect for what you said about MJ
    Speaking of deflecting: answer the questions:

Clearly English and definitions is something you struggle with. The definition of a tossup is the things are equal.

So answer me this:

IDK man, I think it can be interpreted either way.

2 teams are playing against one another. Itís game 81 of the season. One team is 40-40, one team is 41-39. If you asked me who I think will win and I replied ď I donít know itís a tossupĒ youíd really have an issue with me using that word? Seems a little over the top to argue about this much and call someone a liar for.

Speaking of deflecting: answer the questions:

I said that it's a toss up, meaning it's too close to call, but if I have to choose, I'm still giving kobe the very slight edge, but at this point it really comes down to what I value more in players because I consider it that close

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post

2 teams are playing against one another. Itís game 81 of the season. One team is 40-40, one team is 41-39. If you asked me who I think will win and I replied ď I donít know itís a tossupĒ youíd really have an issue with me using that word? Seems a little over the top to argue about this much and call someone a liar for.
    Thank you!

Kobe lover!

Except thatís not what heís saying.

Heís ranking Kobe higher than LeBron, saying Kobe is better than LeBron and saying heíd pick Kobe over LeBron and then saying but I think theyíre a tossup. No he doesnít, he has Kobe ahead of LeBron by every measure.

To use your example, if I went up to you and said ďone team is 40-40 and the other is 41-39, I think the 41 win team is better, I have them ranked higher and Iím picking them to win, but I think itís a tossupĒ, would you actually think I believe itís a tossup?

I said that it's a toss up, meaning it's too close to call, but if I have to choose, I'm still giving kobe the very slight edge, but at this point it really comes down to what I value more in players because I consider it that close
    But itís not too close to call right? You have Kobe ranked higher than LeBron correct?

Heís ranking Kobe higher than LeBron, saying Kobe is better than LeBron and saying heíd pick Kobe over LeBron and then saying but I think theyíre a tossup. No he doesnít, he has Kobe ahead of LeBron by every measure.

To use your example, if I went up to you and said ďone team is 40-40 and the other is 41-39, I think the 41 win team is better, I have them ranked higher and Iím picking them to win, but I think itís a tossupĒ, would you actually think I believe itís a tossup?
    Yeah, absolutely. That's a toss up man. You're basically trying to split hairs because you know you were in the wrong for what you said about MJ

Yeah, absolutely. That's a toss up man
    No absolutely itís not you weasel.

How about this? I think LeBron is better thank Kobe. Ranked higher all-time than Kobe. And Iíd pick him over Kobe.

Do you believe I consider Kobe vs LeBron a tossup or not?

How about this? I think LeBron is better thank Kobe. Ranked higher all-time than Kobe. And Iíd pick him over Kobe.

Do you believe I consider Kobe vs LeBron a tossup or not?
    Not unless you say it's a toss up...which would mean you think it's super close and could go either way. If you say it's a toss up in that case then yes, I would believe that you think it's a toss up

No absolutely itís not you weasel.
    it's pretty hilarious the lengths you will go to just to avoid acknowledging that you went over the line with the MJ comment and you did it in the service of defending LBJ. Even IKH and Blams didnt sink to that low

Well yes I would. 41>40 by so little that for a single game the final result could go either way every single time. That doesnít mean though you canít think the 41 win team will still win going into the game.

In this case weíre talking opinions. I think itís fair to say I like Shaq over Hakeem, but could understand the argument one could make for Hakeem over Shaq.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well yes I would. 41>40 by so little that for a single game the final result could go either way every single time. That doesnít mean though you canít think the 41 win team will still win going into the game.

In this case weíre talking opinions. I think itís fair to say I like Shaq over Hakeem, but could understand the argument one could make for Hakeem over Shaq.
    OK, but understanding an argument for a player over another doesn't mean you think it's a toss up. Do you think Shaq and Hakeem are a tossup, or do you think Shaq is better even if you understand an argument for Hakeem?

Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast