Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    There was no season Jordan played where the league average pace was 108 or 110. The highest it went was 102.1 which were his rookie and 2nd season. By the time we get to the 90s when he was simply a much smarter and more crafty player, it was consistently in the 90-96 range. The pace during the last few years has typically been right at 100. I hold my stance on my opinion that he would either average near 50, or the league would have changed the rules to try and limit him (similar to Shaq).

But again, this thread isn't about hypothetical stats. Let's get back to talking about LeBron's terrible leadership and drive to motivate his team and play until the buzzer.
    The league average in how many points a team scored in a game was 110 in 84-85, 110 in 85-86, 110 in 86-87, 108 in 87-88, 109 in 88-89.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NBA_1989.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NBA_1988.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NBA_1987.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NBA_1986.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NBA_1985.html

I hold my stance that he would not average 50 a game. He'd have to average like 37 shots a game.

I'm not trying to discredit him or anything even close to that, he was the best basketball player to ever play, but 50 points a game? nah. 40? thats a legitimate debate that could be had, not 50.
    Last edited by MarkieMark48; 06-07-2021 at 12:36 PM.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    The league average in how many points a team scored in a game was 110 in 84-85, 110 in 85-86, 110 in 86-87, 108 in 87-88, 109 in 88-89.

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NBA_1989.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NBA_1988.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NBA_1987.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NBA_1986.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com.../NBA_1985.html

I hold my stance that he would not average 50 a game. He'd have to average like 37 shots a game.

I'm not trying to discredit him or anything even close to that, he was the best basketball player to ever play, but 50 points a game? nah. 40? thats a legitimate debate that could be had, not 50.
    My apologies I misread that your opinion was based on PTS rather than Pace. My reply should have been that PTS/G is not as good a barometer as Pace. Pace dictates possession opportunities. PTS/G doesn't tell you anything except a team's performance over the same 48 minute game.

With 10 extra possessions a game in this era vs. Jordan's and bit more ballhog mindset I'm still of the opinion Jordan could average 40-45 points per game in today's era.

I guess we're saying the same thing because from the start I said near 50 at best.

Anyone else find it ironic the OP called Bron a quitter and used a quote from MJ, a guy who literally quit playing basketball in the middle of his prime? lol

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Anyone else find it ironic the OP called Bron a quitter and used a quote from MJ, a guy who literally quit playing basketball in the middle of his prime? lol
    100% lol

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    My apologies I misread that your opinion was based on PTS rather than Pace. My reply should have been that PTS/G is not as good a barometer as Pace. Pace dictates possession opportunities. PTS/G doesn't tell you anything except a team's performance over the same 48 minute game.

With 10 extra possessions a game in this era vs. Jordan's and bit more ballhog mindset I'm still of the opinion Jordan could average 40-45 points per game in today's era.

I guess we're saying the same thing because from the start I said near 50 at best.
    all good!
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

I just think he gets demoralized when he realizes his team isn't good enough. This year was a clear case of that, you could tell he was looking around at his team like this isnt cutting it and I cant carry them.

Did he really quit though, or did the league force him to f off for a couple years

Jerry Reinsdorf Owned the Bulls and the Whitesox at the time. Jordan played for the Whitesox Minor League team and Reinsdorf continued to pay him his NBA contract. It just seems to me that was something that was discussed and agree a pun behind the scenes. Other wise would Jordan have left

LeBron James Quits

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I just think he gets demoralized when he realizes his team isn't good enough. This year was a clear case of that, you could tell he was looking around at his team like this isnt cutting it and I cant carry them.
    thatís what people are criticizing him for. You are supposed to show up even if your team is out matched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    thatís what people are criticizing him for. You are supposed to show up even if your team is out matched

But, these shots here and there don't account for the fact LBJ has carried bad teams further , consistently, than anyone in nba history.

That weighs a lot more than a couple of shots of him taking a break or looking frustrated.

100 percent guarantee every single great in nba history has done the same thing at some point or another.

I'd you don't believe so you're just falling victim to false narratives and propaganda.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    But, these shots here and there don't account for the fact LBJ has carried bad teams further , consistently, than anyone in nba history.

That weighs a lot more than a couple of shots of him taking a break or looking frustrated.

100 percent guarantee every single great in nba history has done the same thing at some point or another.

I'd you don't believe so you're just falling victim to false narratives and propaganda.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    What about the HEAT/Mavs finals? LeBron had a great team and disappeared in the finals. There are numerous instances where he quit - you don't get that reputation out of nowhere.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

When has LeBron ever quit? He overcame the biggest series deficit in finals history and we're calling him a quitter? That's a prime example of going all out and carrying a terrible team.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Did he really quit though, or did the league force him to f off for a couple years

Jerry Reinsdorf Owned the Bulls and the Whitesox at the time. Jordan played for the Whitesox Minor League team and Reinsdorf continued to pay him his NBA contract. It just seems to me that was something that was discussed and agree a pun behind the scenes. Other wise would Jordan have left
    You're right that's very possible. But missing a season because of off the field problems isn't much better is it? Could you imagine if LeBron had to miss a season or two in his prime because of something off court? He would be ridiculed to no end.

What a dumb response.. Retiring and quitting are completely different things..

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    When has LeBron ever quit? He overcame the biggest series deficit in finals history and we're calling him a quitter? That's a prime example of going all out and carrying a terrible team.
    Thatís easy. In 18-19 he shut it down completely bc the team wasnít good enough for him. Also that not the prime example of carrying a terrible team. LeBron performance was an example of greatness though

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    What a dumb response.. Retiring and quitting are completely different things..
    Not when you retire in the middle of your prime, and certainly not when you come out of retirement several times.

If LeBron retired after his first Cleveland stint and came back a year later, do you think he'd get heat for it? If he retired after Miami and came back a year later? etc.

I think we all know the answer, don't we?...

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast