Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 464
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    17,418

    LeBron James Quits

    And nobody here is talking about it.

    Game 5:
    https://youtu.be/hCXHnqPZjW8

    Game 6:
    https://youtu.be/S5uW1QaRASw
    https://youtu.be/XaPpTeoV2xM

    Compilation:
    https://youtu.be/hEaclXl3oFo

    "I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    30,648
    He didn't quit. Over-analysis again lol. This amounts to nothing more than anecdotes by those posting and talking about it.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    17,418
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    He didn't quit. Over-analysis again lol. This amounts to nothing more than anecdotes by those posting and talking about it.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Are you arguing semantics? "Gives up", "Stopped trying", "Resigned to losing"?

    What should this be called?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,929

    LeBron James Quits

    He has always been this way. If he feels his team is over matched he quits. He did it when he bounced on the Heat. He did it mid season in Cleveland to make them trade the whole team. He did it last year when they didnít get AD at the deadline and he shut it down. Heís entitled.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-06-2021 at 11:44 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,929
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    And nobody here is talking about it.

    Game 5:
    https://youtu.be/hCXHnqPZjW8

    Game 6:
    https://youtu.be/S5uW1QaRASw
    https://youtu.be/XaPpTeoV2xM

    Compilation:
    https://youtu.be/hEaclXl3oFo

    "I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan
    Not sure how people root for this guy. Amazing player sure but a sulking baby


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    30,648
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Are you arguing semantics? "Gives up", "Stopped trying", "Resigned to losing"?

    What should this be called?
    I'm not arguing semantics. You're just pulling out random times where he has stopped running lol. Nothing more, nothing less. Every player has done this at times and it means nothing.

    There is no hard evidence to suggest he is a quitter lol. 100 percent speculation and anecdotes.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,929

    LeBron James Quits

    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I'm not arguing semantics. You're just pulling out random times where he has stopped running lol. Nothing more, nothing less. Every player has done this at times and it means nothing.

    There is no hard evidence to suggest he is a quitter lol. 100 percent speculation and anecdotes.

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Playoff mode activated


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    I just said this in another thread

    In 2010 he walks off after a 2nd round exit and takes off his Cavs jersey.

    In 2018 he walks out of a press conference following a game 1 L in the finals.

    In 2020 game 3 L in the finals he walks off with 10 seconds still on the clock.

    In 2021 game 5 L in the first round he goes to the locker room with 5+ minutes left on the clock.

    In 2021 game 6 L/series loss/first ever first round exit, he walks off without shaking hands with the other team.

    Like I said, this man is notorious for being a sore loser, this isn't a one off. He's a big baby.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,764
    One of those videos has one example of being lazy/not getting back basically and another is a guy at the end actually admitting he's trolling lol. The compilation is something you can put together for many players as it looks like tons of RS games and anyone aware of the NBA today knows that's extremely common. I agree Lebron is a baby/poor loser and at times absolutely pouts even on the court. It's probably my least favorite quality but at the same time you are quoting a guy who quit on the league in an actual sense multiple times in his 30's.

    Ant said something the other day kinda related to the general idea:

    I've never seen so many people happy to see an athlete fail more than Lebron. His whole career he's been hated on constantly and slandered to no end to the point where when he retires nobody would have appreciated his greatness. I'm glad I will be one who did.
    I agree Lebron has flaws and being a sore loser is absolutely one of them imo. Kobe quit on his team in a much bigger sense in 06 I would argue then demanded a trade. He came into the league wanting to dictate where he played, something Lebron has been bashed for repeatedly as well. MJ punched his teammate and quit on the league multiple times. Durant has the burners and seems like one of the softest in history. We can go on but tons of greats have had some issues related to personality etc. and there will always be haters.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    30,648
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I just said this in another thread

    In 2010 he walks off after a 2nd round exit and takes off his Cavs jersey.

    In 2018 he walks out of a press conference following a game 1 L in the finals.

    In 2020 game 3 L in the finals he walks off with 10 seconds still on the clock.

    In 2021 game 5 L in the first round he goes to the locker room with 5+ minutes left on the clock.

    In 2021 game 6 L/series loss/first ever first round exit, he walks off without shaking hands with the other team.

    Like I said, this man is notorious for being a sore loser, this isn't a one off. He's a big baby.
    Still anecdotes lol. That says nothing about what was done or said behind the scenes.

    Just because he didn't adhere to a tradition doesn't mean he is a sore loser lmao. It's silly speculation that exists for no other reason than to bring him down.



    Buying into this kind of stuff for any player is unnecessary

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 06-06-2021 at 01:07 PM.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Still anecdotes lol. That says nothing about what was done or said behind the scenes.

    Just because he didn't adhere to a tradition doesn't mean he is a sore loser lmao. It's silly speculation that exists for no other reason than to bring him down.



    Buying into this kind of stuff for any player is unnecessary

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Behind the scenes is irrelevant for a man who lives and does everything for the spotlight.

    He's still the GOAT, imo. Doesn't mean he's not a massive baby as well.

    [emoji1745]

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    30,648
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Behind the scenes is irrelevant for a man who lives and does everything for the spotlight.

    He's still the GOAT, imo. Doesn't mean he's not a massive baby as well.

    [emoji1745]
    Be could be, and he could not be. Idk lol

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,764
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Still anecdotes lol. That says nothing about what was done or said behind the scenes.

    Just because he didn't adhere to a tradition doesn't mean he is a sore loser lmao

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    What if you add in some of his post game comments on top? I mean there is a difference between noting he is a sore loser and bashing/holding it against him in comparison to other greats. Lebron seems to have his issues related to his ego like many many others but doesn't take away from his general greatness either. As I noted tons of greats had personality issues related to their big egos or wanting better situations etc. and he has some too over his career.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    17,418
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    One of those videos has one example of being lazy/not getting back basically and another is a guy at the end actually admitting he's trolling lol. The compilation is something you can put together for many players as it looks like tons of RS games and anyone aware of the NBA today knows that's extremely common. I agree Lebron is a baby/poor loser and at times absolutely pouts even on the court. It's probably my least favorite quality but at the same time you are quoting a guy who quit on the league in an actual sense multiple times in his 30's.

    Ant said something the other day kinda related to the general idea:



    I agree Lebron has flaws and being a sore loser is absolutely one of them imo. Kobe quit on his team in a much bigger sense in 06 I would argue then demanded a trade. He came into the league wanting to dictate where he played, something Lebron has been bashed for repeatedly as well. MJ punched his teammate and quit on the league multiple times. Durant has the burners and seems like one of the softest in history. We can go on but tons of greats have had some issues related to personality etc. and there will always be haters.
    Jordan never quit or gave up on his team in the middle of a playoff game. Never.

    Retiring after the season is done isn't even a 2nd cousin of literally giving up in the 4th because your team is behind. Total straw man argument that's totally unrelated. This topic isn't about any personal or off court matters. Stay on topic.

    LeBron fans always do this and it's really annoying. Just face the facts. It happened. He quit. If anyone wants to run and make a thread about Jordan going 1-9 over his first 3 playoff series, Kobe shooting the Lakers out of the 2004 Finals as heavy favorites, Bird's horrible playoff performance and loss in 88 with HCA ... Do it. Those things happened as a matter of fact, not opinion.

    Do those players have other redeeming moments, sure. Are they some of the greatest players in history, definitely. But they had bad moments in their career and they should be discussed. This is a bad moment for LeBron. He completely gave up on his team and pouted when the game was still possibly up for grabs. And it wasn't just one bad moment. It was multiple moments throughout the series.

    Discuss.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,764
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Jordan never quit or gave up on his team in the middle of a playoff game. Never.

    Retiring after the season is done isn't even a 2nd cousin of literally giving up in the 4th because your team is behind. Total straw man argument that's totally unrelated. This topic isn't about any personal or off court matters. Stay on topic.

    LeBron fans always do this and it's really annoying. Just face the facts. It happened. He quit. If anyone wants to run and make a thread about Jordan going 1-9 over his first 3 playoff series, Kobe shooting the Lakers out of the 2004 Finals as heavy favorites, Bird's horrible playoff performance and loss in 88 with HCA ... Do it. Those things happened as a matter of fact, not opinion.

    Do those players have other redeeming moments, sure. Are they some of the greatest players in history, definitely. But they had bad moments in their career and they should be discussed. This is a bad moment for LeBron. He completely gave up on his team and pouted when the game was still possibly up for grabs. And it wasn't just one bad moment. It was multiple moments throughout the series.

    Discuss.
    He quit on them in the middle of an excellent run as a team though and in an actual sense. You made a quote about failing compared to not trying, Jordan did not try to win in the NBA those years. Quitting on a chunk of plays is actually very common in the nba today even if it was less common in the 90's. I can show tons and tons of compilations of Harden, I watched Love/Towns on the wolves we can go on this is pretty normal not always getting back or putting in full effort (especially looking at some of the scores/timing/plays of when this happened and considering context). So I am actually noting what it looks like when someone quits on their team completely compared to not giving full effort every single play in todays NBA.

    You can call it whatever you want to call it, the point is tons of greats had personality issues that can be hated on and over exaggerated/focused on if we want. As Ant noted in that quote Lebron seems to have a lot more people looking/rooting for failures and to bash/hate on him. As I noted you even shared a video of someone saying he was doing it to troll lol. You are noting actual basketball ability and how the individuals/teams performed in your scenarios for others which is different (and kinda the point of what we normally focus on). This is perceptions around their actions/personalities, you are calling him a quitter. I am noting other players like Kobe not putting up shots in a playoff game aka quitting then demanding a trade and Jordan literally leaving the team in a run because they are similar types of things to build narratives around if you wanted.

    It is a bad moment for Lebron. That doesn't make him as an athlete a quitter. He is a sore loser that at times lets his frustration get the better of him and he will give up on certain plays/at certain times. This is common for many players today. I have noted he is a sore loser, you seem to be focused on attacking/ making more of it than that though.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 06-06-2021 at 01:48 PM.

Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •