Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 586 to 600 of 680
  1. #586
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,163
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    It's part of the "Lebron makes his teammates better" chapter in the Lebron fallacies book.
    what evidence do you have that suggests otherwise?

  2. #587
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    18,241
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Here's how our conversation went Scoots:

    This was my original comment to another poster:



    Here was your initial response:



    Here's my point (using hyperbole):



    Now here's where you ask where you ever said that despite later admitting that you do in fact believe LeBron's teams were stacked:



    Then here is me directly asking you if you think LeBron's teams were stacked:



    And rather than saying yes to something you later admitting that you do in fact believe, you were evasive:





    And here is you asking why you have to support a position you never took when you do in fact believe the position:



    And here is me finally getting your answer:






    So to answer your question: why do you have to defend a position you never took? Because you actually believe it.

    What about the fact you didn't state that opinion initially. Of course you didn't, it directly undermines your point.


    But to recap: Rather than simply admit I correctly inferred a position you actually hold (and admitted to), you tried to be evasive and claim that I'm somehow the annoying one when you actually hold the opinion in question.
    Checkmate lol

  3. #588
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    18,241
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This is just a general side point about this forum. Why do people insist on being evasive and trying to make people jump through hoops to prove they believe things they actually believe? Are you so embarrassed by your belief you don't want people to know, or are you so concerned with "winning" a debate on the internet that you play games instead of just stating your opinion?

    If you believe something, just say so. If someone correctly infers a belief of yours, just admit it. When someone asks you point blank whether you believe something, just answer directly.

    What is so freakin' hard about that?
    A bunch a b@&$!?# in here that’s why

  4. #589
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    18,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    You didn't "know" anything that I didn't say. I wasn't being evasive it seemed you were putting something on me that I didn't say ... which turned out to be correct.

    And you talking to me about playing annoying games is rich.
    Yeah but you acted as if it wasn’t correct even though it was

  5. #590
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    18,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's ONLY you that has that problem, I think in part because you jump to conclusions and seem to think you are going to "catch" people at things.

    If I say "clouds are pretty" you jump to something like me being anti-rain or something then badger on about rain until I "admit" that rain gets things wet and then seem to claim victory in your head.

    It's just strange.
    Lol no

  6. #591
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    18,241
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Did I say you jumped to an incorrect conclusion? No, I said you jumped, then you play a game about it like it's my game. It's your game.
    Is it still jumping to conclusions when the conclusion is correct? I’m wondering because I’ve only heard it referenced when someone jumps to the wrong conclusion. If it’s the right conclusion then it usually takes away the “jump” part, maybe you could say, “he concluded” that I believe Lebron played with a lot of talent and he was correct.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 11-08-2021 at 01:29 AM.

  7. #592
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8,625
    #TeamValade

  8. #593
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    45,799
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    what evidence do you have that suggests otherwise?
    He doesn’t make his teammates better, but they’re so dependent on him that when he doesn’t play his teams fall apart, and despite not being able to play without him, they are stacked with talent…

  9. #594
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,163
    damn that's tough

  10. #595
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    31,666
    Why people still hating on lebron? I don’t get it. Dudes in his 19th season. We should all be appreciating what he is still able to do at this stage and appreciate what he has left. He can have a fair well tour soon. I can’t even really imagine the league with out him.

  11. #596
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    14,272
    Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    what evidence do you have that suggests otherwise?
    His playing style is egocentric. He inflates his stats, takes away the ball from other star players and the only ones who benefit are those who aren't capable of having a bigger role anywhere else.

    If your argument is restricted to "he makes scrubs perform at their highest level", then sure, you have something. But making your teammates better is something that Larry Bird, Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan had in common with each other. Lebron doesn't.

    Lebron made Wade and Bosh be lesser, relegated Kevin Love into a role player, didn't let Kyrie Irving thrive and now only managed to click with Anthony Davis in the bubble season, albeit briefly so I cannot really judge if it's genuinely working or if it's because Lebron decided to take the back seat for a while due to age, maturity and generally more experience. And you cannot argue that Davis got better, he just didn't suffer, which other superstar Lebron teammates did.

    On the other hand we talk about James Worthy, Michael Cooper, Robert Parish, Danny Ainge, Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman as if they were superstars, when in reality they wouldn't be leading deep playoff sides if they were #1 guys on any other team. With Lebron, we actually notice that his fans want to prove the opposite, that Lebron is carrying scrubs (like Ilgauskas and Delonte; and before anyone with a nickname starting with a V jumps to a conclusion that I am saying Ilgauskas and Delonte = the other guys, I'm not saying anything near that...) deep into the playoffs and always say that his superstar teammates weren't up to the task, like Wade, Bosh, Love and whoever else had a 4 letter surname...
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 11-09-2021 at 08:52 AM.

  12. #597
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Paradise
    Posts
    15,550
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Why people still hating on lebron? I don’t get it. Dudes in his 19th season. We should all be appreciating what he is still able to do at this stage and appreciate what he has left. He can have a fair well tour soon. I can’t even really imagine the league with out him.
    It's called LeBron derangement syndrome, hence why it's pointless to even engage. It doesn't matter what facts you throw out there, any suggestion that anybody is in MJ's league sends his sycophants into a spiral. Over the years, even I've backed off the idea that they're 1/1A, but it's still hairsplitting and some folk lay it on REAL thick with LeBron hate.
    Last edited by SteBO; 11-09-2021 at 03:52 PM.

  13. #598
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    45,799
    What’s funny is we’re about to see the same people who listed Westbrook under the stars Bron has played with to illustrate how stacked his teams are, saying how bad Westbrook is when it comes time to explain why the Lakers are not doing good while Bron is out.

  14. #599
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    17,813
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    What’s funny is we’re about to see the same people who listed Westbrook under the stars Bron has played with to illustrate how stacked his teams are, saying how bad Westbrook is when it comes time to explain why the Lakers are not doing good while Bron is out.
    LeGM has to be factored into any reason the Lakers are in the position they are in. They could have taken time to develop the core they had, but that wouldn't have sufficed for Rich Paul and WWW and all the other meddling agents. I guess in some ways it worked out because Lakers (and LeBron) would do any and every thing for another title, but on the other hand the window is really narrow and the margin for error goes through the roof with injuries to the top 2.

    From a fit with LeBron, sure Davis is much better with LeBron, but from a paper talent perspective, I'd rather have Lonzo, Ingram, DeAndre Hunter and 3 1sts over Davis. If LeBron were able to adapt and with the right coach in place that could have been a much better team.
    Last edited by beasted86; 11-09-2021 at 04:37 PM.

  15. #600
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    45,799
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    LeGM has to be factored into any reason the Lakers are in the position they are in. They could have taken time to develop the core they had, but that wouldn't have sufficed for Rich Paul and WWW and all the other meddling agents. I guess in some ways it worked out because Lakers (and LeBron) would do any and every thing for another title, but on the other hand the window is really narrow and the margin for error goes through the roof with injuries to the top 2.

    From a fit with LeBron, sure Davis is much better with LeBron, but from a paper talent perspective, I'd rather have Lonzo, Ingram, DeAndre Hunter and 3 1sts over Davis. If LeBron were able to adapt and with the right coach in place that could have been a much better team.
    If we’re going to talk about LeGM, how on earth can you deride his abilities? He won a title, apparently he was a good GM.

    I’d rather have AD and the Championship than Lonzo, Ingram, etc. and the unknown.

    Only LeBron could be bashed for building a team that won a title lol

Page 40 of 46 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •