Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    He quit on them in the middle of an excellent run as a team though and in an actual sense. You made a quote about failing compared to not trying, Jordan did not try to win in the NBA those years. Quitting on a chunk of plays is actually very common in the nba today even if it was less common in the 90's. I can show tons and tons of compilations of Harden, I watched Love/Towns on the wolves we can go on this is pretty normal not always getting back or putting in full effort (especially looking at some of the scores/timing/plays of when this happened and considering context). So I am actually noting what it looks like when someone quits on their team completely compared to not giving full effort every single play in todays NBA.

You can call it whatever you want to call it, the point is tons of greats had personality issues that can be hated on and over exaggerated/focused on if we want. As Ant noted in that quote Lebron seems to have a lot more people looking/rooting for failures and to bash/hate on him. As I noted you even shared a video of someone saying he was doing it to troll lol. You are noting actual basketball ability and how the individuals/teams performed in your scenarios for others which is different (and kinda the point of what we normally focus on). This is perceptions around their actions/personalities, you are calling him a quitter. I am noting other players like Kobe not putting up shots in a playoff game aka quitting then demanding a trade and Jordan literally leaving the team in a run because they are similar types of things to build narratives around if you wanted.

It is a bad moment for Lebron. That doesn't make him as an athlete a quitter. He is a sore loser that at times lets his frustration get the better of him and he will give up on certain plays/at certain times. This is common for many players today. I have noted he is a sore loser, you seem to be focused on attacking/ making more of it than that though.
    Not at all attacking him. You're clearly doing more attacking/attaching a narrative to an event by saying Jordan quit on his team because he retired to play baseball.

LeBron stopping competing multiple times, heading off the court and to the locker room early just needs to be discussed. There hasn't been one thread made to discuss him barely making it across half court in the middle of a closeout game.

This just simply needed to be discussed and not swept under the rug.

LeBron opinions side, I just had to respond to the ridiculous argument that Jordan "quit." The guy came off of 3 straight NBA championships before he decided to retire. How in the world can one call him a quitter at that point when he already accomplished just about everything that one could expect from an NBA player?

That has to be one of most asinine arguments I've read on this site (if you can even call it that). That's not even mentioning the fact that his father was also murdered which would shift the priorities of just about any sane person.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

LeBron James Quits

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Not at all attacking him. You're clearly doing more attacking/attaching a narrative to an event by saying Jordan quit on his team because he retired to play baseball.

LeBron stopping competing multiple times, heading off the court and to the locker room early just needs to be discussed. There hasn't been one thread made to discuss him barely making it across half court in the middle of a closeout game.

This just simply needed to be discussed and not swept under the rug.
    I am just pointing out how easy it is to make narratives if you want so I agree I was doing it haha. I was also responding to some of the rhetoric in the videos/thread. Then you seemed to jump on me for it so I assumed you agreed with everything said or why would you jump on my basic point?

I also agree and have repeatedly been saying he did not give full effort on every play and pouted that series/is a sore loser. Players do that a lot in todays NBA though. It has been commented on in other thread but I think it is more normal in todays nba to see that lack of effort at times. Especially when they are frustrated in a game like the 06 reference or this series for Lebron vs the suns. It's unfortunate it happens and Lebron being a sore losers unfortunately leaks in occasionally like this. Every time something even smaller than this happens though the same narratives come out.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 06-06-2021 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    He didn't quit. Over-analysis again lol. This amounts to nothing more than anecdotes by those posting and talking about it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    No he didnt quit, he just did not give a damn about even trying to get back, the lakers were playing 4 vs 5 Defense.

Contrary to Lebron stans beliefs he does this a lot when things dont go his way.

People want to call MJ soft for retiring, but ride lebrons dick when he has **** like this on tape. Dude is soft.

Marcellus Wiley recently called James the best player ever. No, that would be Michael Jordan, not LeBron. Nobody plays defense in today's NBA. If Jordan was playing now, he would average 50 points per game.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He has always been this way. If he feels his team is over matched he quits. He did it when he bounced on the Heat. He did it mid season in Cleveland to make them trade the whole team. He did it last year when they didnít get AD at the deadline and he shut it down. Heís entitled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup. That's just who he is.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Do people actually care if they dont shake hands? That's like not saying please and thank you and calling someone ungrateful.

These guys all know each other, ride on banana boats and probably talk to each other on a regular basis. A handshake doesnt mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Marcellus Wiley recently called James the best player ever. No, that would be Michael Jordan, not LeBron. Nobody plays defense in today's NBA. If Jordan was playing now, he would average 50 points per game.
    No he wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    No he wouldn't
    Jordan could definitely average near 50. The team just wouldn't go far.

He averaged over 40 for multiple playoff series. With the increase in pace, and increase in touch fouls, he could definitely do it. But this thread is not about Jordan, just about leadership and determination.

LeBron failed to be a good leader this series, and quit competing in the heat of the moment. Plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I just said this in another thread

In 2010 he walks off after a 2nd round exit and takes off his Cavs jersey.

In 2018 he walks out of a press conference following a game 1 L in the finals.

In 2020 game 3 L in the finals he walks off with 10 seconds still on the clock.

In 2021 game 5 L in the first round he goes to the locker room with 5+ minutes left on the clock.

In 2021 game 6 L/series loss/first ever first round exit, he walks off without shaking hands with the other team.

Like I said, this man is notorious for being a sore loser, this isn't a one off. He's a big baby.
    This!
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

LeBron James Quits

He averaged over 40 for multiple playoff series. With the increase in pace, and increase in touch fouls, he could definitely do it. But this thread is not about Jordan, just about leadership and determination.

LeBron failed to be a good leader this series, and quit competing in the heat of the moment. Plain and simple.
    today in 1992 he dropped 44 on the Heat. He average 45 that series on 60% from the floor.

Last edited by ewing; 06-06-2021 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Pace now is very comparable to what it was when Jordan was averaging his career highs. Teams were averaging 110-108, average score this past year was 112 while average shots attempted per game are basically identical. He's not averaging 50 points a game then or now. Not buying it.

bron is a HUGE baby and absolutely quits when things donít go his way. This has been the case forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    today in 1992 he dropped 44 on the Heat. He average 45 that series on 60% from the floor.

Im in on a playoff series, sure he could get a team where he just has a completely overwhelming mismatch and he could go nuts against a them in 4 games, but not over the course of an 82 game season.
    YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!!!!!

HAPPY RUSSEV DAY!!!

2019 PSD Fantasy Nascar Champion

Quote Originally Posted by MarkieMark48 View Post
    Pace now is very comparable to what it was when Jordan was averaging his career highs. Teams were averaging 110-108, average score this past year was 112 while average shots attempted per game are basically identical. He's not averaging 50 points a game then or now. Not buying it.
    There was no season Jordan played where the league average pace was 108 or 110. The highest it went was 102.1 which were his rookie and 2nd season. By the time we get to the 90s when he was simply a much smarter and more crafty player, it was consistently in the 90-96 range. The pace during the last few years has typically been right at 100. I hold my stance on my opinion that he would either average near 50, or the league would have changed the rules to try and limit him (similar to Shaq).

But again, this thread isn't about hypothetical stats. Let's get back to talking about LeBron's terrible leadership and drive to motivate his team and play until the buzzer.
    Last edited by beasted86; 06-07-2021 at 09:40 AM.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast