Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 425
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Well, if anyone ever questions KAT in a thread where Lebron is being **** on, then Iím sure youíll be right there to cry about it.

    Itís a toss up what riles Big Moves up more: Ranking Lebron over Kobe or saying that MJ quit playing basketball a few times.


    Such a disingenuous liar.
    It doesn't rile me up at all to put LBJ over Kobe. What does rile me up is posters in the LBJ forum basically being crummy people to defend their guy and then making excuses and saying things like "well I didn't technically say this or that" or "I'm just stating the facts". It's frankly kind of pathetic to not even take responsibility over it and you're no better for not being man enough to say anything about it

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,962
    is there a jokic quits thread? Even Shaq and charles were saying it tonight? What about Dame in his final game? NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA doesnt fit the hate train

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    It doesn't rile me up at all to put LBJ over Kobe. What does rile me up is posters in the LBJ forum basically being crummy people to defend their guy and then making excuses and saying things like "well I didn't technically say this or that" or "I'm just stating the facts". It's frankly kind of pathetic to not even take responsibility over it and you're no better for not being man enough to say anything about it



    lmfao yes it does. We have threads to prove it lol... Its not putting LBJ over kobe because that ship has sailed years ago... Just let it go my dude.

    At 500 years old lebron is still the number 1 player on the team with a 28 year old AD who is suppose to be a top 5 player in the world but isnt. He plays small as ****... Youd rank him over harden? Harden/curry/jokic/embiid/durant/kL/giannis and lebron are all better

    i could be missing a few tbh
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 06-10-2021 at 04:26 AM.

  4. #259
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    It doesn't rile me up at all to put LBJ over Kobe. What does rile me up is posters in the LBJ forum basically being crummy people to defend their guy and then making excuses and saying things like "well I didn't technically say this or that" or "I'm just stating the facts". It's frankly kind of pathetic to not even take responsibility over it and you're no better for not being man enough to say anything about it
    You are literally the only person I have ever seen say anything like pointing out Jordan was not in the league for multiple periods and defending that basic fact as similar to when people defend racism/sexism. All because the term quit was used too loosely in your opinion apparently despite never pointing that out with anyone else in the thread using it just for a specific agenda. Talk about a crummy person lol.

    As noted there have always been people talking about this issue with many theories (just like there are always narratives around players). No one has ever been this extreme or riled up about it I have ever seen. I think we know why it is happening though.

  5. #260
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,962
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    You are literally the only person I have ever seen say anything like pointing out Jordan was not in the league for multiple periods and defending that basic fact as similar to when people defend racism/sexism. All because the term quit was used too loosely in your opinion apparently despite never pointing that out with anyone else in the thread using it just for a specific agenda. Talk about a crummy person lol.

    As noted there have always been people talking about this issue with many theories (just like there are always narratives around players). No one has ever been this extreme or riled up about it I have ever seen. I think we know why it is happening though.
    just go look at the 1000k plus kobe/lebron thread where this dude literally argued with people for over 1000 pages while in the minority and decided to roll out after lebron won a title after screaming for months he will wait to give his opinion until after the finals which he figured and wished lebron and the lakers would lose even as a laker fan.

    Kobe is fantastic... top 10 player ever with the GOAT work ethic ever. This dude would literally rather his team lose with lebron over winning with lebron which is mind boggeling. We literally went through this constantly in the kobe/lebron thread.

  6. #261
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12,437
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    just go look at the 1000k plus kobe thread where this dude literally argued with people for over 1000 pages while in the minority and decided to roll out after lebron won a title after screaming for months he will wait to give his opinion until after the finals which he figured and wished lebron and the lakers would lose even as a laker fan.

    Kobe is fantastic... top 10 player ever with the GOAT work ethic ever. This dude would literally rather his team lose with lebron over winning with lebron which is mind boggeling. We literally went through this constantly in the kobe/lebron thread.
    I am well aware of the type of bad faith arguments he makes and games he plays, I was in that thread for a couple times myself figuring that out.

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,312
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    So your point is that word is insulting? The OP seems to think that word is semantics and has noted it again to me tonight... So again it is all you inserting your own narrative here, all I did was use the same word and note it happening in a more clear/actual sense. He didn't kind of quit he actually left, it isn't like some question in the same way. People are using a couple plays and jumping to conclusions to call Lebron this and even note it career wise etc. as a quitter. You didn't call any of it out and as noted when it was by one person someone else called it semantics. You are the one making this into something due to said agenda I had been referencing.

    I don't think AD was necessarily a top 5 player last year, are you saying because of injuries then maybe more likely but that isn't really anything related to being at top like Lebron just that guys were missing. Creating efficient offense is the most important thing to be able to do in basketball essentially. I don't think AD has really ever been considered a true top 5 carry a team places talent due to his lack of this trait tbh. I don't overly think an argument can be made when healthy for all of them in 2020 or even earlier this year until injury. The point that AD isn't a creator and relies on others in that crucial aspect of the game is why they are different levels and why when you watch games it is obvious who the defense is mostly collapsing and planning for. I think you stretch the ideas of things being close sometimes when it fits your arguments. You talk about thresholds they have to reach as if it all doesn't matter. It seems like you just ignore a lot of important context related to actual on court basketball.
    I only called it out because of the clear implication of saying MJ quit multiple times. It's not the word, it's what it implies because it completely ignores why he said he retired the first time. Had you simply said MJ retired after 98i wouldnt have said anything. It's frankly absurd that you would continue to try to defend it.

    AD warps the floor by playing out of the post, whenever he decides to do that, which creates a ton of opportunities. An argument definitely could be made, not just last year, several years before and they had been made. LBJ was certainly not the best player in the league last year or the year before. Last time he was at the top of the league was probably 2016 (although a case can be made for 2017 and 2018, i.e., it's debatable). An argument can be made for more than just all of them, for several other players as well. That doesn't mean they're better, but it does make it debatable, just like with AD.

    AD also completely dominates the game on defense, which again was a massive part of the team's success. You might not consider AD a true top 5, but he was considered that by most or very, very close to it. I think you completely downplay this to play up LBJ's accomplishment. It was a great thing, but they both played comparable roles. What gives LBJ the notable edge is actually that he was the leader

  8. #263
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,312
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    You are literally the only person I have ever seen say anything like pointing out Jordan was not in the league for multiple periods and defending that basic fact as similar to when people defend racism/sexism. All because the term quit was used too loosely in your opinion apparently despite never pointing that out with anyone else in the thread using it just for a specific agenda. Talk about a crummy person lol.

    As noted there have always been people talking about this issue with many theories (just like there are always narratives around players). No one has ever been this extreme or riled up about it I have ever seen. I think we know why it is happening though.
    Take that bs elsewhere dude. I didnt equate it with sexism or racism. I said it's inappropriate to call someone a quitter when referencing one of the seasons he quit being when his father was murdered, and just like all inappropriate examples it's not okay (that includes sexism and racism and a bunch of others).You probably havent seen it called out because in the LBJ forum you guys dont have much dignity when it comes to defending LBJ, as you're clearly showing

  9. #264
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,312
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I am well aware of the type of bad faith arguments he makes and games he plays, I was in that thread for a couple times myself figuring that out.
    Talk about bad faith arguments...let's call a guy a quitter when he retired after his father was murdered and then play it off cowardly as though it was to troll people, as if that somehow makes it okay (it doesn't)...it's a such a joke and laughably absurd and you should be ashamed of yourself.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 06-10-2021 at 04:44 AM.

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,312
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post


    lmfao yes it does. We have threads to prove it lol... Its not putting LBJ over kobe because that ship has sailed years ago... Just let it go my dude.

    At 500 years old lebron is still the number 1 player on the team with a 28 year old AD who is suppose to be a top 5 player in the world but isnt. He plays small as ****... Youd rank him over harden? Harden/curry/jokic/embiid/durant/kL/giannis and lebron are all better

    i could be missing a few tbh
    AD played like a weenie this year, but dominated last year and dominated in the bubble

  11. #266
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,962
    the best part about this is... lebron literally destroyed AD in the finals in terms of best player on the team. It wasnt even close against the heat lmfao... At 3000 years old lebron was the best player on the floor throughout the playoffs and still the best player in basketball.

  12. #267
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    AD played like a weenie this year, but dominated last year and dominated in the bubble
    ;ebron was still better in the bubble and ESP in the finals by alot. Like a **** ton in the finals. You want the stats?

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,312
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    just go look at the 1000k plus kobe/lebron thread where this dude literally argued with people for over 1000 pages while in the minority and decided to roll out after lebron won a title after screaming for months he will wait to give his opinion until after the finals which he figured and wished lebron and the lakers would lose even as a laker fan.

    Kobe is fantastic... top 10 player ever with the GOAT work ethic ever. This dude would literally rather his team lose with lebron over winning with lebron which is mind boggeling. We literally went through this constantly in the kobe/lebron thread.
    That's a bs argument dude and you know it. I've actually defended LBJ a decent amount of times and have rooted for the lakers as hard as I ever did and it's a troll post that you would say otherwise

  14. #269
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,312
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    the best part about this is... lebron literally destroyed AD in the finals in terms of best player on the team. It wasnt even close against the heat lmfao... At 3000 years old lebron was the best player on the floor throughout the playoffs and still the best player in basketball.
    The finals is a single series though and one that was never really in doubt because the heat weren't that good and were injured. So yeah he did play better in the finals, but the WCF was more in doubt than the finals. At any rate, he definitely didnt destroy AD at any point. They were always close

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,312
    Per usual the LBJ forum comes to basically defend what amounts to a classless position all in service of defending LBJ...what makes it crazy is that it was in no way necessary to do that sort of thing
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 06-10-2021 at 04:48 AM.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •