Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sixers in 4

0 0%
  • Sixers in 5

1 25.00%
  • Sixers in 6

0 0%
  • Sixers in 7

0 0%
  • Hawks in 4

1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 5

1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 6

1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 7

0 0%
Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1299
    Trading Ben is a MUST. I trust Daryl Morey will make it happen. I feel for Joel.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Betting odds for Simmons next team:
    Portland +250
    Washington +300
    San Antonio +450
    Utah +550
    Oklahoma City +550
    Golden State +600
    Los Angeles Lakers +625

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like the idea of Dejounte Murray or SGA in Philly. IF you have to part with either Thibs or Maxey for SGA you do it

What about Ben for JimmyB swap? I welcome JB back to Philly so fast

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I actually think that 3 teamer could work! But idk what Raps fans would say. I still think the lottery might gift the Raptors #1 overall lol
    Work for Philly. Don’t see why Raps do it. Don’t see why OKC takes on a max contract for a non-scorer and an iffy 1st when they’re swimming in picks; they’d be happy to send you Kemba for Ben though.

I think you have to look at the fact that a team with three of the top-rated defenders in the league, with one of them being a strong offensive center, one of the best three-point shooters, and a PF who convinced 6ers fans he was a legit max player, and they had two back-to-back total collapses on both ends of the floor. So what does a top defender with no offensive game get you in today’s game?

Portland could be tempted, but giving up McCollum and Covington puts more pressure on Dame to score. Yeah, Ben can play some center and help the ball move, but results are an unknown. If trading those two guys, they need a solid two-way player in return.

Ben is worth getting, but you really need a really strong offensive team around him. Nets, Golden State, Wolves, Hawks seem to have the right types of teams, and I don’t think the Hawks would want to go there at this point.

I think people are asking the wrong questions and thinking at this with the wrong approach. Everyone keeps talking about getting Simmons where he can fit better or judging which teammates can nah his deficiencies.

The question and approach we should instead take is: What team has the coaching structure to hold Simmons accountable and get through to him to motivate significant improvement?

Cause let's be honest here, Simmons isn't going to go somewhere else and suddenly become worth $34M overnight. I don't care what team or teammates you add him with. He HAS to improve. So start there. Who can motivate him to improve?

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I think people are asking the wrong questions and thinking at this with the wrong approach. Everyone keeps talking about getting Simmons where he can fit better or judging which teammates can nah his deficiencies.

The question and approach we should instead take is: What team has the coaching structure to hold Simmons accountable and get through to him to motivate significant improvement?

Cause let's be honest here, Simmons isn't going to go somewhere else and suddenly become worth $34M overnight. I don't care what team or teammates you add him with. He HAS to improve. So start there. Who can motivate him to improve?
    pop 100 pct... but the spurs have nothing the sixers need or want

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post

I was gonna say the Spurs come to mind. Outside of that maybe the Warriors. The Heat probably could but James Butler hates him.

It starts with Ben though, if he doesn't want to improve it doesn't matter if he has Pop as a coach, CP3 as a teammate, and Steve Ballmer as a governor, he'll never improve.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    pop 100 pct... but the spurs have nothing the sixers need or want
    Murray, Walker, White, Johnson no combination of these players interest you?? I chuckle because I know you think you’re gonna get a tier one super star for Simmons but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Murray, Walker, White, Johnson no combination of these players interest you?? I chuckle because I know you think you’re gonna get a tier one super star for Simmons but I wouldn’t hold my breath.
    What if I told you he once made a 14-foot jump shot in the Summer league?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    What if I told you he once made a 14-foot jump shot in the Summer league?
    lol I would say he has regressed since then.

For a team to give up something significant for him I’d have to imagine they will not play him at PG . That experiment should be over . A PG needs to be ferocious. He’s just not that guy .

Player A (22 years old): 24.3ppg, .475 FG%, .371 3PT%, 4.4 APG, 3.1 RPG, 1 SPG, 2.8 TOPG
    Player B (29 years old): 23.1ppg, .458 FG%, .402 3PT%, 4.7 APG, 3.9 RPG, 0.9 SPG, 1.4 TOPG

Which would you rather have?

I take player A due to age. But when you reveal the names, people seem to like Player B a lot better. If I were the Sixers, I'd prefer player A in a trade for Simmons.
    [SIGPIC]

You think this is going to be like a Walker type quick trade or drawn out well into the offseason?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Cuz player A put up empty stats on a bad team and is considered a bad teammate to play with. Player B put up those numbers on a playoff team as the #2. Literally the opponents would taunt the teammates of player A saying he's not gonna pass the ball. I have a bunch embiid would murder player a it they played together, especially if you're trying to say player A should be a large part of the return for Simmons.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I'm thinking similar with Ben to OKC or maybe Houston and lesser picks going to Orlando with those three coming back. Maybe Sixers can flip Ross and Bamba; or Thybulle and picks for a wing.
    Feel sliwm this is the type of deal that has to happen. Outside of a CJ for Simmons type swap, it's really hard to find a playoff caliber team that's going to be willing to give up fair market value for Simmons. He's shown he's currently a big liability in the playoffs, so if a team is angling to fix him, it would make sense to be a team who's a few years off. Or at least a year off.

Even a team looking to blow it up probably isn't wanting to blow it up with Simmons. He's too good to actually tank but he's not good enough to carry you anywhere. So even if Washington were to decide to blow it up and trade Beal, I'm not sure Simmons is their ideal target. He might be, but it's alot of money to pay for a project as opposed to getting a bunch of picks and even younger guys.

So someone like Houston or OKC, who will have to trade picks eventually, would make sense to take a chance on rehabbing Simmons confidence and shot, while sending Philly picks, which are a much easier currency to deal in when trying to acquire new players.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 06-22-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast