Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sixers in 4

0 0%
  • Sixers in 5

1 25.00%
  • Sixers in 6

0 0%
  • Sixers in 7

0 0%
  • Hawks in 4

1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 5

1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 6

1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 7

0 0%
Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1299
    Cleaning The Glass
    @cleantheglass

5m
    With Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid on the court together in the regular season, the Sixers outscored opponents by 16 points per 100 possessions played (98th percentile).

In the playoffs?

+19.2 per 100 possessions (99th percentile).
    This is what's kinda frustrating about the killing Ben thing. We're actually good with those to on the court despite the clinky fit.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    This is what's kinda frustrating about the killing Ben thing. We're actually good with those to on the court despite the clinky fit.
    Like someone else pointed out tho Ben has to exclusively play with Embiid which isn't what is best for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Like someone else pointed out tho Ben has to exclusively play with Embiid which isn't what is best for the team.
    I've been saying it for a few years. Ben and Joel need two completely different rosters around them, and the roster is easier to revamp around Joel than it is Ben. Partially because Ben needs a new environment to get past this too.

Zach Lowe said on his podcast that there's a good number of rebuilding teams that would still do a big trade to make Simmons the center piece of a trade.

He's also saying the two most logical trades are McCollum/Simmons and Lavine/Simmons.
    Last edited by warfelg; 06-21-2021 at 04:21 PM.

I've been saying it for a few years. Ben and Joel need two completely different rosters around them, and the roster is easier to revamp around Joel than it is Ben. Partially because Ben needs a new environment to get past this too.
    Agreed. We'll see what Morey has up his sleeve.

I don't think anyone thought Horford, Richardson, and scraps would turn into Green, Curry, and Hill.

Agreed. We'll see what Morey has up his sleeve.

I don't think anyone thought Horford, Richardson, and scraps would turn into Green, Curry, and Hill.
    Yup. Again I keep coming back to it's going to be a better trade than what most think right this moment.

What's kinda funny, is that with his value low, Morey might be able to push a bidding war because so many teams might want to buy low. Oh you came with a sub-allstar and picks; well this team has a boarder-line allstar and a player in place of a pick; oh well this team has two sub-allstars and one pick. Next thing you know you got a good package.

Listening to the Lowe Post, and he's hitting at the wrong hand too. lol. So many people hitting on it today.

Lowe just hit Russel/Beasley for Simmons/Danny Green S&T. Bobby Marks saying that small market teams should be all about trading for Simmons. Lowe said some team will talk themselves into it, especially a few weeks down the road, and give up a good package. Marks saying GM's won't look at this playoff run in a few weeks, as team will look at the last 2-3 years and realize there's a lot of good to roll with.
    Last edited by warfelg; 06-21-2021 at 04:30 PM.

Yup. Again I keep coming back to it's going to be a better trade than what most think right this moment.

What's kinda funny, is that with his value low, Morey might be able to push a bidding war because so many teams might want to buy low. Oh you came with a sub-allstar and picks; well this team has a boarder-line allstar and a player in place of a pick; oh well this team has two sub-allstars and one pick. Next thing you know you got a good package.
    I'm intrigued to see what he does, for all you 76ers fans sake I hope it doesn't drag into next season like the Harden and Butler sagas.

I'm intrigued to see what he does, for all you 76ers fans sake I hope it doesn't drag into next season like the Harden and Butler sagas.
    I won't. I expect Morey to step back for two weeks. Like Lowe/Marks said, step away for two weeks, ignore the roster, and come back with fresh eyes forgetting what happened and say "what's the direction".

To whoever called Simmons a bust:
    Chad Ford
    @chadfordinsider

6m
    For those arguing the 76ers should NOT have taken Ben Simmons 1st in 2016 Draft:

He ranks #1 in his class for: Win Shares, BPM and VORP. He leads the entire class in assists per game by a full 3 assists.

He ranks #2 in rebounds & #4 in points.

cont'd

Simmons is a 3 time NBA All-Star, 2 time 1st Team All-Defensive team, 1 time 3rd Team All-NBA.

He is not a scrub Ö the only two players in his draft class to even come close are Jamal Murray & Domantas Sabonis.

Neither was a candidate for the No. 1 pick in 2016.

Yes, Simmons is a terrible shooter.

Simmons played terribly in the 4th Q of the Hawks series

He has some signfianct confidence issues

He is probably playing on the wrong team in Philadelphia and needs a different team and offense to run

He wasnít a mistake at No. 1 in 2016

I think McCollum makes sense for both but value wise thatís pretty low imo. 30 year old with no all star games.

Itís better than some bad offers thrown out but still thatís a decent drop off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I think McCollum makes sense for both but value wise thatís pretty low imo. 30 year old with no all star games.

Itís better than some bad offers thrown out but still thatís a decent drop off.

CJ not being an all star takes a deeper look than ďheís not good enoughĒ. Look at the last 5 years and ask yourself who else in the west was worthy and left off.

Hell I would do Bogdan and Tucker for Simmons.

Doc went off about lack of size with Tobi out (well we had it but he didn't trust BBall Paul and Mike Scott fell out of favor) so it would make sense to get those two. Maybe flip Tucker for something else.

Bogdan
    Curry
    Thybulle
    Harris
    Embiid

Better but still missing that wing that can get something.
    Last year I said the Sixers would be better off with Malcom and was chastised

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Last year I said the Sixers would be better off with Malcom and was chastised

Itís mostly because we still hold an irrational hate over the ROY thing. Wanna know whatís stupid: the game difference between Embiid and Brogdan was the same as Ball and Edwards and Ball won while Embiid didnít.

I disagree. Put Joel in any roster in the league and he is great. Denver would be a problem thatís about. Benís ďfitĒ needs are unique and created by his ****** skill level

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast