Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sixers in 4

0 0%
  • Sixers in 5

1 25.00%
  • Sixers in 6

0 0%
  • Sixers in 7

0 0%
  • Hawks in 4

1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 5

1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 6

1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 7

0 0%
Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1299
    Danny Green: “Ben has gone through quite a bit this year, and it’s not his fault that we lost…you can’t just harp on one player, and to his defense, he said he couldn’t find his rhythm but he did other things for us…i also think it’s a mistake that people think he doesn’t care”

Say what you will about Greens on court skills, but in the locker room he’s a HIGHLY respected guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Cavs might have some players that might shine on the Sixers.

Just sayin'. My phone is working...
    Harris for KLove.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    no need to wonder, its in the toilet. Everyone who would be trading for him knows that he is still a project. While hes only 24-25 years of age, he should be further along in his development so its not a secret as to why the 6ers would want to part with him. And 6ers fans, while hopeful; have to come to grips with that realization also. When Paul George had a piss poor performance in the bubble last year his value was def at its lowest. Same could be said about Siakam. GM's play close attention to post season performances as it is the ultimate measuring stick, and with Ben his flaws are glaring. The fact that his biggest flaw is shooting, scoring in an era where those two things have become crucially important, there is no rational way to think that his value hasn't taken a significant hit because it most def has. Thats not to say he still doesnt have value because he does. His skill set is still special, but again who ever takes him on its going to be with the understanding that he still has alot of developing to do before becoming a polished piece.
    His value is far more polarizing than its made out to be on here. As I alluded to, he is still only 25, you know you have time with him on his contract. Yes there will be selling low from our end, but it's not that low (to the suggestion of just Beasley or Walker) to the point we will be taking a risk player for a star (yes despite the postseason he's still a star).

Like we agree on, there's something in Philly when it comes to development that is horribly wrong right now. So while a team is buying low, I'm willing to easily bet they're going to bank on: Turn him into a 60-65% FT shooter, space around him, let him play at pace. Maybe they internally talk about getting in his ear about shooting right handed.

And two reasons I believe that:
    #1 - Look at this HS highlights. That guy is there that can shoot, can play well.

#2 - Look at the HS highlights again. Notice anything? Every pass, his drive tendency, his layup hand, his dunk hand.....it's all right handed. He's a righty. So the mental is in the fact his mechanics shooting lefty is bad, so he thinks about it. And when you are too mechanical, the same is true in golf as basketball, you are **** with the shot. So he's so mentally in a rabbit hole of mad mechanics, mental block, that he's afraid to do all those things that make him special. If he can shoot right handed, his natural hand (seriously look it up, he's a righty), it will be less focus on mechanics and more on feel.

This is the other stuff that GM's pay close attention to, and I have heard rumor that's what's actually keeping his value up; the belief that Philly never built around him, more around Joel and Ben was there, and he's shooting with the wrong hand.

If you don’t know what hand to shoot with at 25 you are ****ing hopeless

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If you don’t know what hand to shoot with at 25 you are ****ing hopeless

Tristan Thompson did at 24 and became much more playable right away.

Rivers on whether Simmons’ family issues impacted him this year: “I can’t answer that, because I don’t know, but it’s another example of, and I’m trying to say this right, that players are real people…i have never had to deal with the public stuff that Ben had to deal with.”
    This is the first I'm hearing of this....

....oh ****:
    The family of Aussie NBA superstar Ben Simmons has released a statement denying claims made by his sister that their half-brother molested her when she was a child. ... “I've been asking for therapy but my family would rather sweep it under the rug because it could damage my brothers brand. I'm over hiding.”
    Holy **** man.

The family of Aussie NBA superstar Ben Simmons has released a statement denying claims made by his sister that their half-brother molested her when she was a child.

Simmons’ half brother and manager Sean Tribe issued the statement on Saturday on behalf of the family saying they were “devastated” by the allegations and claiming the “entire family deny them”.

In a series of tweets that began on Wednesday, Olivia Simmons accused Mr Tribe of abusing her from the age of three and claimed she had been “silenced for years” from speaking out about the allegations.

“At the end of the day I was molested by my half brother for years from age 3,” she wrote on Twitter.
    Story came out April 13th. Ben's shooting started going to **** at the end of May.

Might have found the mental struggles.
    Last edited by warfelg; 06-21-2021 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Tristan Thompson did at 24 and became much more playable right away.
    When you teach him what hand to shoot with tell him what a pivot foot is too

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Cavs might have some players that might shine on the Sixers.

Just sayin'. My phone is working...
    Mmmmm that Love albatross of a contract.

I saw the most apt comparison ever in an article:

Ben Simmons is the Sixers version of Carson Wentz.

The Pacers it is! lol

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    The Pacers it is! lol
    Hell I would do Bogdan and Tucker for Simmons.

Doc went off about lack of size with Tobi out (well we had it but he didn't trust BBall Paul and Mike Scott fell out of favor) so it would make sense to get those two. Maybe flip Tucker for something else.

Bogdan
    Curry
    Thybulle
    Harris
    Embiid

Better but still missing that wing that can get something.

Nate Jones
    @JonesOnTheNBA
    Fit/context matter for like 95% of the NBA. If you can’t analyze guys based on the situation and how it fits into their strengths and weaknesses, you’re doing it wrong.
    If you follow Nate Jones on twitter, you know he's a wealth of information. He's one of the ones stating that Simmons trade value and perception isn't as low as it's being out to be made online by fans and is confident that he will still get at least a borderline all-star from the west (guys like CJ who are just in a deep conference). I'd check out a lot of what he says if you don't follow or read his stuff.

I brought it up in this thread. It’s absolutely similar.

Now I’m just thinking of a Flyer and a Phillie player next. Flyers could be Carter Hart already and Phillies…?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I brought it up in this thread. It’s absolutely similar.

Now I’m just thinking of a Flyer and a Phillie player next. Flyers could be Carter Hart already and Phillies…?
    I'm not a Phillies fan but what about Hoskins? I wouldn't mind him on my Sox

Some good nuggets from an article on the Ringer of all places:
    Consider Portland. McCollum for Simmons as the main piece in a Blazers-Sixers deal is what executives around the league, just like fans, think is a reasonable trade that makes sense for both sides. Simmons could be like a supercharged Draymond Green to Damian Lillard’s Steph Curry. For years, the Warriors have shredded teams because Curry would often draw a trap and pass the ball to Draymond, who could get to the rim or make a clutch pass to a teammate. Simmons would thrive in a role like that since Lillard feels the same type of pressure in the pick-and-roll.

McCollum, in turn, would help the Sixers. Any player who can create their own shot at a high level would. But it’s not a no-brainer deal. McCollum is 29, and he has underperformed in past postseasons. A backcourt of McCollum and Seth Curry would also make for a weak defensive duo. Blazers fans have just about had it with McCollum, just as Sixers fans have with Simmons. But they could each drag their problems to a new team too.
    In 2016, Simmons admitted he’s a natural righty but his dad raised him to shoot with his left hand. “I think I was supposed to be right-handed. It’s all natural now,” he said at the time. Is it? People in his life have encouraged him to make the switch. Former Sixers shooting coach John Townsend worked with Simmons on attempting right-handed free throws and jump shots, but Simmons didn’t stick with it. Former teammate JJ Redick recently said on his podcast that he told Simmons (and DeAndre Jordan) they should make the switch to their right hand.

“I’ve seen them shoot right-handed. It’s better form right-handed,” Redick said. “They do everything else right-handed. I don’t understand why you’re shooting a basketball left-handed.” Redick is correct. Simmons released the ball using his right hand on 67 shots this postseason, compared to just nine shots with his left hand. That rate is consistent with his career rate of using his right hand going back to his time at LSU.
    https://www.theringer.com/2021/6/21/...adelphia-76ers

Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast