Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sixers in 4

0 0%
  • Sixers in 5

1 25.00%
  • Sixers in 6

0 0%
  • Sixers in 7

0 0%
  • Hawks in 4

1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 5

1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 6

1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 7

0 0%
Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1299
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    It would be Russel, Beasley to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ya and I think Wolves walk from that which is part of what I am getting at on his value. Other teams are going to be lower than they likely were a year or two ago.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    They are a combined 44.4 million. 6ers would have to absorb $13.5 mill in that deal.

What about Beasley, Culver, Hernangómez + their pick if its in the top 3. If their pick lands in the top 3 you have a shot at Cade, Suggs, Green. We should find out tonight where their pick lands and if they get to keep it.
    If the Wolves get Cade or Suggs, they’ll trade their abundance of guards for someone. We could include Hill to make money work.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Ya having Morey is a plus at least and probably helps the value aspect.

I just wonder where his value ends up now, it's clearly lower than it had been. Can they still package for a legitimate stud next to Embiid? Do they get a couple complimentary guys that fit well but aren't really all star types? I have no doubt they can retool but with his value at an all time low it makes it interesting what they end up with. Morey with Simmons value a couple years ago maybe can get beal or something (at least that's the type of stuff that was all over) but that's a big stretch now imo.
    no need to wonder, its in the toilet. Everyone who would be trading for him knows that he is still a project. While hes only 24-25 years of age, he should be further along in his development so its not a secret as to why the 6ers would want to part with him. And 6ers fans, while hopeful; have to come to grips with that realization also. When Paul George had a piss poor performance in the bubble last year his value was def at its lowest. Same could be said about Siakam. GM's play close attention to post season performances as it is the ultimate measuring stick, and with Ben his flaws are glaring. The fact that his biggest flaw is shooting, scoring in an era where those two things have become crucially important, there is no rational way to think that his value hasn't taken a significant hit because it most def has. Thats not to say he still doesnt have value because he does. His skill set is still special, but again who ever takes him on its going to be with the understanding that he still has alot of developing to do before becoming a polished piece.

If the Wolves get Cade or Suggs, they’ll trade their abundance of guards for someone. We could include Hill to make money work.

Thats my thinking too. They wont be drafting Mobley and the other prospects are all guards or SF so it would make sense if they made a big splash this offseason to try and finally make a run at the post season.

If we landed Suggs or Cade that becomes really interesting. Logically trading Dlo makes more sense potentially at that point but we also brought him in partially due to KAT relationship etc. too.

Luckily we won't have to worry about any of this though, Warriors will be picking at 4. I would do his trade with next years first instead of that pick but I am guessing that's where Philly walks.

They are a combined 44.4 million. 6ers would have to absorb $13.5 mill in that deal.

What about Beasley, Culver, Hernangómez + their pick if its in the top 3. If their pick lands in the top 3 you have a shot at Cade, Suggs, Green. We should find out tonight where their pick lands and if they get to keep it.
    Tomorrow night, holy cow time flies. I thought the draft lottery was way off in the distance. Once teams have a better idea of where they're picking, that should open up trades for sure.

It would be Russel, Beasley to start.

Russell is a best friend of KAT’s and played with Simmons in high school. Expecting more that Russell and Beasley is overvaluing where Ben is now, epecially given his contract. I think the wolves would be interested, but they would try very hard to keep D’Angelo out of any trade.

I think the 76ers should try to bring back 2 lesser guys for Simmons, if possible.

I really think any Ben deal, to get full value is going to have to be a 3 or 4 team deal at least.

no need to wonder, its in the toilet. Everyone who would be trading for him knows that he is still a project. While hes only 24-25 years of age, he should be further along in his development so its not a secret as to why the 6ers would want to part with him. And 6ers fans, while hopeful; have to come to grips with that realization also. When Paul George had a piss poor performance in the bubble last year his value was def at its lowest. Same could be said about Siakam. GM's play close attention to post season performances as it is the ultimate measuring stick, and with Ben his flaws are glaring. The fact that his biggest flaw is shooting, scoring in an era where those two things have become crucially important, there is no rational way to think that his value hasn't taken a significant hit because it most def has. Thats not to say he still doesnt have value because he does. His skill set is still special, but again who ever takes him on its going to be with the understanding that he still has alot of developing to do before becoming a polished piece.
    Funny you mention Siakim that is another guy I have repeatedly mentioned targeting for that reason. I think Rosas is going to be a buyer with the idea of Russell/Edwards/Mcdaniels/?/Towns as our starters. (Mcdaniels is flexible at either forward spot if needed). Beasley/Culver/Juancho and our other young guys/role players along with maybe a pick or two could/should all be on the block right now in search of another nice piece imo.

I agree on most of what you say regarding Simmons which is why I wonder how cheap he has become. I still doubt we could land him for what we likely give but I just mean in general too. A stud scoring/shooting guard to play with seems very ideal next to Embiid but I am not sure they can get it anymore. Someone is going to take a chance on the talent absolutely though. As others have mentioned I think if you build correctly around him it can at least hide some of these issues more and a GM will wanna take that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I think the 76ers should try to bring back 2 lesser guys for Simmons, if possible.

I really think any Ben deal, to get full value is going to have to be a 3 or 4 team deal at least.
    I said when he asked out of Boston and I’ll say it again. They should look into Kemba Walker. Simmons is a negative asset. Getting a guy that makes the team better and has a shorter deal is a win. With Walkers value down and Simmon not completely In the tank yet it makes a lot of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I said when he asked out of Boston and I’ll say it again. They should look into Kemba Walker. Simmons is a negative asset. Getting a guy that makes the team better and has a shorter deal is a win. With Walkers value down and Simmon not completely In the tank yet it makes a lot of sense.

Bleh i would really need my team doctors to evaluate that left knee before I even considered that.

If he is one of the guys then maybe but the best ability is availability and these playoffs are a testament to that.

Ben may not fetch a Beal or Dame anymore, value wise. But he at least needs to fetch 2 starters, imo. With Harris potentially being shipped out as well for someone who can have similar production on a lesser deal, for tax purposes.

Right now, Embiid should be the only untouchable piece with Curry a distant 2nd. Outside of that, Thyb, Maxey, and Shake have value at all time highs with the large contracts of Ben, Tobi, and to a lesser extent Hill.

Sheesh, moving those 6 right there in a couple deals should net several stars or near star level players.

I’ll respond some of this other stuff at home, but I wanted Ty Lou or Nate McMillan in the offseason and I was told they were both bad choices. [emoji2369]

I’ll respond some of this other stuff at home, but I wanted Ty Lou or Nate McMillan in the offseason and I was told they were both bad choices. [emoji2369]

Nate did seem like a bad choice at the time but holy cow kudos to that man. First conference final ever! If he somehow finds a way to beat the Bucks [emoji50]

Cavs might have some players that might shine on the Sixers.

Just sayin'. My phone is working...
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Nate did seem like a bad choice at the time but holy cow kudos to that man. First conference final ever! If he somehow finds a way to beat the Bucks [emoji50]
    I think the issue in Indy was fit. But the point is both guys have and continue to adjust. Doc is just name value Brett Brown.

Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 28687677787980 ... LastLast