Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sixers in 4

0 0%
  • Sixers in 5

1 25.00%
  • Sixers in 6

0 0%
  • Sixers in 7

0 0%
  • Hawks in 4

1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 5

1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 6

1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 7

0 0%
Page 72 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1299
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    No, even after crapping the bed multiple playoffs now, I still think Simmons has value because of his age and skillset. I 100% think they could get legitimate assets for him. Harris, on the other hand, while clearly a better postseason performer, doesn't have remotely as much value. I'm not sure there's a team out there willing to take on his contract for less than two 1sts attached.
    Heís not close to a max player or close to Tobias Harris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Just off the top of my head: Hasheem Thabeet, Jay Williams, Greg Oden, Adam Morrison, Kwame Brown, Michael Olowokandi, Anthony Bennett, Sam Bowie, Darko Milicic, etc. That's 10 guys right there who were highly touted top 3 picks who would 100% kill to have had the career Simmons has already had at 25.

Simmons is not on the career trajectory we thought he'd be on. He's not an elite player, and may not even be a top 25-30 guy right now. But he's a three-time All-Star and one of the best defenders in the game. Let's not lump him in with guys who weren't even average starters most of their careers but were taken top 3.
    As the #1 overall pick.

If he actually worked on his offense the accolades you mentioned would make this dude a superstar. Problem is, he outright refuse to add offense to his game. Thatís a bust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

NBA Playoffs Series Thread (1) Sixers vs (5) Hawks Series tied 3-3

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    A little broken? Heís very broken mentally. I wouldnít be shocked if it comes out he has some form as anxiety.

He doesnít need pills. At least donít think he does. He definitely needs a jump shot and some footwork. He is a disaster as a half court ball handler.
    He shot foul shots so bad it got in his head but the root of the problem isnít mental

Doc Rivers was asked if Ben Simmons can still be a point guard for a championship team. He replied, ďI donít know the answer to that right now.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by stefanmusic View Post
    Doc Rivers was asked if Ben Simmons can still be a point guard for a championship team. He replied, ďI donít know the answer to that right now.Ē
    Somebody shouldíve asked Doc if Ty Lue would have been a better choice to coach the 76ers..

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You could give credit to the Hawks

For what? They're going to get murdered by Milwaukee. They aren't that good. This should've never even been a series let alone Atlanta advancing. So congrats on taking advantage of a full on choke job by a superior talented team? Sure.

Embiid basically just nuked Simmons in his presser. Literally no shot Simmons ever plays again for Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by stefanmusic View Post
    Someone should've asked if Doc can be the coach of a championship caliber team.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    For what? They're going to get murdered by Milwaukee. They aren't that good. This should've never even been a series let alone Atlanta advancing. So congrats on taking advantage of a full on choke job by a superior talented team? Sure.
    For being one of the best teams in the league the second half of the season. For beating your team in 7 despite injuries. For not letting your team get away with playing a guy that canít shoot at lead guard. Or you can choose tobe sore loser to. Itís up to you!

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Embiid basically just nuked Simmons in his presser. Literally no shot Simmons ever plays again for Philly.

Normally I'd defend Ben til I'm blue in the face, but he deserves all the criticism he's getting tonight. You can't be a 6'10 point guard and literally be afraid to take the ball hard to the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    For being one of the best teams in the league the second half of the season. For beating your team in 7 despite injuries. For not letting your team get away with playing a guy that canít shoot at lead guard. Or you can choose tobe sore loser to. Itís up to you!

Pointing out the reality of the situation is not being a sore loser. Philly definitely lost this series more than Atlanta won it. It will show in the Milwaukee series. Can't see Atlanta taking more than 1 game in that series.

Ben Simmons with the worst performance in a single playoffs from a single player... Ever. Shwoo, someone unseated Shaq somehow.

NBA Playoffs Series Thread (1) Sixers vs (5) Hawks Series tied 3-3

I thought this game was a lot like the last one. The refs kind of lost control in the 4th and it turned into a fight. This time the Hawks gutted out a couple more shots. It is a little disappointing to watch both teams fouling the **** out of each other all the time and then have the refs finally call questionable foul (often lose or off ball) at the end of the possessions.

Joel knee was a big difference maker but they also need to get him a play making guard to share the weight

PHIís big issue is that theyíre capped out on Simmons and Harris as their #2 and #3. I like Ben and heís a great talent overall but heís just too inept at scoring to be in that spot. And Harris isnít a bum or anything but he isnít anything special and heís a negative value contract that youíd need to attach an asset to for financial savings.

Realistically they can probably do one more shakeup that maybe you progress to over the next two seasons that makes or breaks you with keeping Embiid. Iíd say theyíre down to their last strike.

That was a pretty fun series, unless you are Ben Simmons of course. Some of the responses after seem to make it pretty clear he is on the way out as many expect. I wonder how low his trade value has dropped? It's gonna be tougher to get a deal done this offseason after that performance I would think, even if he still has some value.

Also it looks really bad for Doc Rivers again coaching wise to me. Are we at the point most view him negatively now?

Page 72 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast