Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sixers in 4

    0 0%
  • Sixers in 5

    1 25.00%
  • Sixers in 6

    0 0%
  • Sixers in 7

    0 0%
  • Hawks in 4

    1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 5

    1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 6

    1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 7

    0 0%
Page 71 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1299
  1. #1051
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    63,174
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Ben Simmons needs to be traded just as quick as Kemba was, told you this kid shouldn't have played more than 12 minutes off the bench!
    I’ve been saying it for 4 years. You can’t be a star in the NBA as a perimeter player with 0 fine motor type basketball skills. He has no shake, no foot work, no touch. He is a load downhill in transition. He is really fast and strong but he has no fine skills.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #1052
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    67,769
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You could give credit to the Hawks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They should get credit. As much as we lost fame 5; they went out and won this game. Especially in the 2nd half. They really just collapsed on the lane as a team hard.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #1053
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    63,174
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    goodbye ben simmons... you will not be missed. I ****ing love that his last scoring chance here was a wide open dunk under the basket with no defenders on him AND HE STILL PASSED THE BALL lol
    I feel bad for him. Mentally he a little broken right now. Even with confidence he just needs to get better at basketball though


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #1054
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,689
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    We’ve seen guys on much worse contracts get traded for more than a salary dump. I think on Simmons value the reaction right now is just too close to what happened. GMs around the league reportedly still like him, he’s going to be just 25 next year, and it’s pretty clearly something mental with him so whoever gets him needs to get to the bottom of it. Given that Fultz has somewhat gotten a shot back and mentally right in Orlando I think it’s clear to see something in the Philly org is off with this type of attention.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, even after crapping the bed multiple playoffs now, I still think Simmons has value because of his age and skillset. I 100% think they could get legitimate assets for him. Harris, on the other hand, while clearly a better postseason performer, doesn't have remotely as much value. I'm not sure there's a team out there willing to take on his contract for less than two 1sts attached.


  5. #1055
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    67,769
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I feel bad for him. Mentally he a little broken right now. Even with confidence he just needs to get better at basketball though


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A little broken? He’s very broken mentally. I wouldn’t be shocked if it comes out he has some form as anxiety.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #1056
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,584

  7. #1057
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,689
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Expectations would still not be closer to reality. Reality is he was still a 1st overall pick. Dudes one of the biggest busts of all time if he’s a 3rd/4th option making half the current contract.
    I dunno. An elite defender and playmaker making $20 million a year is a pretty solid NBA career. You need me to run you through the lists of all-time NBA busts? I assure you Simmons is nowhere close to the top of that list.


  8. #1058
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    20,257
    Hey Philly fans, how about Lauri Markannen + a Giordano’s large deep dish for Simmons?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #1059
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    67,769
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    No, even after crapping the bed multiple playoffs now, I still think Simmons has value because of his age and skillset. I 100% think they could get legitimate assets for him. Harris, on the other hand, while clearly a better postseason performer, doesn't have remotely as much value. I'm not sure there's a team out there willing to take on his contract for less than two 1sts attached.
    Oofph. Really disagree on that Harris one. He doesn’t have as much value but he’s not a “attach assets to” type. I do wonder if the Griz would want to play JJJ at the 5, bring Big Val off the Bench, because there’s a team that would want Tobi.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #1060
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    44,822
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I dunno. An elite defender and playmaker making $20 million a year is a pretty solid NBA career. You need me to run you through the lists of all-time NBA busts? I assure you Simmons is nowhere close to the top of that list.
    As a #1 overall with all the hype? Dude was suppose to be transcendent. Self inflicting offensive refusal is absolute bust worthy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  11. #1061
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    That is pure gold! LOL

  12. #1062
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,689
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Oofph. Really disagree on that Harris one. He doesn’t have as much value but he’s not a “attach assets to” type. I do wonder if the Griz would want to play JJJ at the 5, bring Big Val off the Bench, because there’s a team that would want Tobi.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Harris is about to be 29, is essentially a 19/7/3 guy and makes the 14th highest salary in the league. On what planet is a competent team going to trade for him and the $115 million he's owed the next three seasons without getting assets in return?

    He's not Westbrook or Wall bad, but his contract easily has to be one of the 5-10 worst in all of basketball. If you're a GM and you trade for Harris, but you don't dump an atrocious contract of your own or get at least one unprotected first in the deal, you should be immediately fired the next day.


  13. #1063
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4,230
    Once Simmons stopped being aggressive he lost his offense game. He stopped attacking the basket because he didn’t want to shoot free throws. His confidence was shaken bad in this series.

  14. #1064
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Btw how about Morey coming in and having to revamp this roster straight away.

    Traded Horford and Richardson last season.

    Gotta move at minimum Ben this season and possibly Harris as well.

  15. #1065
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,689
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    As a #1 overall with all the hype? Dude was suppose to be transcendent. Self inflicting offensive refusal is absolute bust worthy
    Just off the top of my head: Hasheem Thabeet, Jay Williams, Greg Oden, Adam Morrison, Kwame Brown, Michael Olowokandi, Anthony Bennett, Sam Bowie, Darko Milicic, etc. That's 10 guys right there who were highly touted top 3 picks who would 100% kill to have had the career Simmons has already had at 25.

    Simmons is not on the career trajectory we thought he'd be on. He's not an elite player, and may not even be a top 25-30 guy right now. But he's a three-time All-Star and one of the best defenders in the game. Let's not lump him in with guys who weren't even average starters most of their careers but were taken top 3.


Page 71 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •