Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sixers in 4

    0 0%
  • Sixers in 5

    1 25.00%
  • Sixers in 6

    0 0%
  • Sixers in 7

    0 0%
  • Hawks in 4

    1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 5

    1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 6

    1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 7

    0 0%
Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 1299
  1. #301
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,606
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Iím not claiming that this is breaking news. Iím just saying based on Embiids impending free agency and Moreys gun slinging style, I wouldnít be surprised if Ben was shopped. I only say Ben because he has the most value, and if youíre gonna move anyone it will likely be him due to his short comings on the offensive end, + the fact that youíll get the most return for him.

    To be completely honest I donít see why thatís a bad thingÖ. Simmons is a good piece but his lack of shooting in this era could prevent him from being a key piece on a title contender. I guess this is his post season to prove it. But if it doesnít pan out itís nice to know thereís a guy that can flip him in to something that will.
    Do you think he is playable in tight 4th quarters right now?
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    66,874
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Iím not claiming that what Iím saying is breaking news. Iím just saying based on Embiids expending free agency and Moreys gun slinging style, I wouldnít be surprised if Ben was shopped. I only say Ben because he has the most value, and if youíre gonna move anyone it will likely be him due to his short comings on the offensive end, + the fact that youíll get the most return for him.

    Iím not making something out of nothing. Embiids free agency is gonna come down to a few factors and I think Simmons is def gonna be one of them. There have been plenty of rumours about them over the last few years. Right now everything is hush hush because theyíre at the top of the conference. But if the 6ers donít win you will see the rumours resurface, and just knowing Morey heís gonna go balls out this off-season if you guys donít win it all.
    Those rumors have been unsubstantiated within Philly. Ben and Joel have admitted that they are different people off the court and you don't have to be best friends off the court to know you can work together on it. Joel has admitted to having very few friends off the court because he's quite introverted and has made the comment that because he's that way it's likely to always be a rumor he doesn't get along with teammates.

    It's going to be Ben because he's got more years left on his deal, not injured as much, and from our aspect, the easier skillset to find a replacement for from what this team needs aspect.

    I'd still like to see them try to see if maybe they can get a SG/PG for Harris and see how the starting lineup looks. I don't mind the idea of CJ for Harris if we were to shift Curry to the bench and start Maxey and Thybulle (of course that relies on them shooting the 3 better).

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    66,874
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The talk is still about how to defend Young. In two games Ben has played 37 and 35 mins. He's been on the floor most of the time. In those two games Young is averaging 28 and 10. I think the Sixers have the length to give him problems and Ben is a big part of that but Ben has not shut him down.
    You seem to have problems comprehending "primary defender" so find someone else to troll.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,606

    NBA Playoffs Series Thread (1) Sixers vs (5) Hawks Atlanta leads 1-0

    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    You seem to have problems comprehending "primary defender" so find someone else to troll.
    In this case it seems to mean you are cherry picking a pretty meaningless stat and have no idea what shutting someone down means.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-09-2021 at 08:40 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,094
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    https://twitter.com/1tombyrne/status...673308166?s=21

    Ben Simmons is a Hall of Famer

    ē3◊ All-Star
    ēAll-NBA Third Team
    ēAll-Defensive First Team
    ēRookie of the Year
    ēSteals leader

    And heís 24 years old!!! LMAO. He has 8 years of prime ball left. Lotta people on this here app need to learn about hoop


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ben Simmons is overrated as hell

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,606

    NBA Playoffs Series Thread (1) Sixers vs (5) Hawks Atlanta leads 1-0

    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Ben Simmons is overrated as hell

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I think he is quite overrated by some but he is still good. That doesnít mean he was really good last game or his current playoff run isnít embarrassing


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-09-2021 at 09:44 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,424
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Be prepared, Morey is a gun slinger and doesnít sit on his hands if/when his team gets eliminated.
    I like that about him.

  8. #308
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,534
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Do you think he is playable in tight 4th quarters right now?
    I mean theyíre pulling a hack a Shaq on him. Iíd still have him out there yeah but in those situations itís itís almost always get the ball to Embiid anyway

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I like that about him.
    Me too bro, I loved that about him when he was the Rockets gm. One thing I can say about the Harden era Rockets is that it def wasnít Moreys fault. He literally got him so many different rosters and players to try and compliment his style.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,534
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Those rumors have been unsubstantiated within Philly. Ben and Joel have admitted that they are different people off the court and you don't have to be best friends off the court to know you can work together on it. Joel has admitted to having very few friends off the court because he's quite introverted and has made the comment that because he's that way it's likely to always be a rumor he doesn't get along with teammates.

    It's going to be Ben because he's got more years left on his deal, not injured as much, and from our aspect, the easier skillset to find a replacement for from what this team needs aspect.

    I'd still like to see them try to see if maybe they can get a SG/PG for Harris and see how the starting lineup looks. I don't mind the idea of CJ for Harris if we were to shift Curry to the bench and start Maxey and Thybulle (of course that relies on them shooting the 3 better).
    Hey if Harris gets you CJ that would be a pretty good fit. Iím not sure if Harris alone gets it done though. But I do think Philly has the prospects to sweeten the deal. Like weíve discussed before maybe one of Milton, Thybulle, or Maxey.

    With respect to the Embiid and Simmons stuff I donít think they hate eachother. But put yourself in Embiids shoes. Youíre the best or one of the best big men in the league. Youíve entered your prime. Youíre about to become a free agent and your second best player who is also your pg canít shoot a lick. Even from the free throw line: at what point then does he look at another team and think hey maybe I can go there and win with that Lillard guy, or that Curry guy etc etc. I know Iíd be thinking it. Morey is a proactive GM, heís def thought about this and I really believe these play offs will be very telling of what he does for next year knowing his best player is becoming a free agent.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 06-10-2021 at 12:27 AM.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,424
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Me too bro, I loved that about him when he was the Rockets gm. One thing I can say about the Harden era Rockets is that it def wasnít Moreys fault. He literally got him so many different rosters and players to try and compliment his style.
    Yep. Majority of Houston fanbase likes Morey. He's not perfect but who is.

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,424
    I just want the 76ers to win Game 3. That is all

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Yep. Majority of Houston fanbase likes Morey. He's not perfect but who is.
    Hes an awesome GM or POB i dont know what his title is with Philly but I think hes one of the best.

  14. #314
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    See what these Philly dudes got on the road. Need to take this game or game 4 to get back HCA.

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,094
    Let's go Hawks!

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Page 21 of 87 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •