Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sixers in 4

    0 0%
  • Sixers in 5

    1 25.00%
  • Sixers in 6

    0 0%
  • Sixers in 7

    0 0%
  • Hawks in 4

    1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 5

    1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 6

    1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 7

    0 0%
Page 44 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 646 to 660 of 1299
  1. #646
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    29,301
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Because a team can only make 1 trade an offseason....

    Anyways, there's a reason it works to me:

    There would be more than just CJ going to Philadelphia. So Minny sends Rubio to Philly. They start Russell, Edwards, and Culver; bring Edwards off the bench. Play Simmons at his true position of Point Forward. They can make a move for a floor spacing center or just play slightly smaller with a PF out there with them.

    Also he won't get traded because of most value other than Embiid, he'll get traded because he's the one of the 3 who's moving best benefits the franchise.
    When did I say anything about other trades? You made a trade suggestion that was basically Minni giving up Towns for Simmons and thatís not realistic because the Twolves would have a hole at the 4&5 and why would they want to bring Edwards off the bench?

    I mean Bens performance in the playoffs is not raising his value any. Itís not like GMs have blind folds on. He has value yes, but Minni would trade guys like Beasly before they ever move Towns. Thatís just the reality of it.

  2. #647
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    29,301
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    cj for ben is actually a good deal and could easily happen. I think people are forgetting CJ is gonna be 30 by the start of next season where ben is 24... honestly we could get CJ plus picks

    We will def get more than we deserve for ben because for some reason the NBA is super high on him
    This is a more realistic expectation. I think CJ would fit beautifully with the 6ers core.

  3. #648
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    65,833
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    When did I say anything about other trades? You made a trade suggestion that was basically Minni giving up Towns for Simmons and thatís not realistic because the Twolves would have a hole at the 4&5 and why would they want to bring Edwards off the bench?

    I mean Bens performance in the playoffs is not raising his value any. Itís not like GMs have blind folds on. He has value yes, but Minni would trade guys like Beasly before they ever move Towns. Thatís just the reality of it.
    TWolves wouldn't have a hole at the 4, I said they could play him there. I mean it's not like they are trading for a 6'4" guy. Ben's 6'10".

    I'll try to find the article when I have time, but there was a GM quoted as saying the biggest 2 issues he has with what fans do is react too much to the short term and play with trade machines too much.

  4. #649
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    29,301
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Also you cried when I first suggested trading Ben after our first ever playoffs so **** off with your 'I know better attitude'.
    I think this was inevitable with SimmonsÖ Morey will flip him in to better fitting pieces around Embiid..Morey is the man for the job. If I were you Iíd be excited about the possibilities.

  5. #650
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post
    So does Tre Young have more post season career points than Ben Simmons yet?

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Not yet, he's like 160 points off.

  6. #651
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8,251
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I personally didn't.

    But do this:
    Look up what teams get for -
    3x all-stars
    2x all-defensive
    1x all-NBA
    Former ROY
    Steals leader

    Yes Ben Simmons has his share of issues, but there's so few things as flawless players. Given Ben himself has admitted that the FT struggles are more mental than physical, there's going to be teams that will pay for his talent feeling that getting him into a new city with new surroundings will be part of what kickstarts him.
    Moving him to the 5 should help as well.

  7. #652
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    65,833
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I think this was inevitable with SimmonsÖ Morey will flip him in to better fitting pieces around Embiid..Morey is the man for the job. If I were you Iíd be excited about the possibilities.
    I know....I've said both for a while now. Simmons moving was going to happen, matter of when than if, and I trust Morey more than anyone to get it right.

    I almost feel this year had to happen from Morey's perspective though. He had to be in building seeing how these two worked through stuff. His knowledge of the situation purely was outside looking in, and trades of this magnitude don't happen in season.

  8. #653
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,941
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He really hasnít. In both rounds the lead has evaporated with the bench+Harris lineup, yet he keeps using it. Sticks to the same rotations despite the issues. Stuck with Korkmaz to start despite it not really working.

    How about this one:
    The three man lineup of Hill-Simmons-Embiid is a +18. Theyíve only played 10 minutes together the entire series.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's doc for you. His Clippers teams blew two 3-1 leads and he refused to make adjustments.
    That whole CP/Blake era was a failure. They absolutely should've made at least one conference finals, and really had the talent to win it all.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  9. #654
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    65,833
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Moving him to the 5 should help as well.
    Or just the 4 with a small ball 4/5 with him. Issue with playing him at the 5 is he's just an ok weakside/offball rim protector.

    Oddly, you know who would be a great duo for him to pair with? Jokic and Murray.

  10. #655
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    17,061
    The Sixers should have went all in on Harden before the season.

  11. #656
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    29,301
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I know....I've said both for a while now. Simmons moving was going to happen, matter of when than if, and I trust Morey more than anyone to get it right.

    I almost feel this year had to happen from Morey's perspective though. He had to be in building seeing how these two worked through stuff. His knowledge of the situation purely was outside looking in, and trades of this magnitude don't happen in season.
    Yeah for sure. He couldnít just come in and have a fire sale. He had to give that core a chance while observing their ceiling + what could change. It was an assessment year for him. And itís not over, I mean the 6ers are still in this thing. I know weíre all talking like itís over but you never know.

  12. #657
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    65,833
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    That's doc for you. His Clippers teams blew two 3-1 leads and he refused to make adjustments.
    That whole CP/Blake era was a failure. They absolutely should've made at least one conference finals, and really had the talent to win it all.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Well if we're learning anything this morning it's that Doc, Harris, the bench....it's not their fault because they all are just dealing with Simmons. Not the fact the bench unit was a negative. Not the fact that Harris was a turnover machine and a black hole of indecision on offense while getting abused by Galo/Collins on defense. Not the fact that Shake/Hill/Dwight can't hit the broad side of a barn. Not the fact that the coach sticks with the same rotations of the same guys at the same times and see the same thing happen twice. Nope. We would be undefeated if we didn't have Ben.

  13. #658
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    65,833
    Quote Originally Posted by LF85 View Post
    The Sixers should have went all in on Harden before the season.
    Houston's owner wouldn't have done it even if we gave Ben, Joel, Maxye, Thybulle, and all our picks.

  14. #659
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    117,981
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Use him as the roll guy in a horns pick-and-roll in half court offense with the other picker in the horns being a pick and pop guy with the ball handler being more of a combo guard than true PG. Then when it's uptempo the ball can be in Ben's hands.

    Again, I've said since we drafted him he's not a PG he's a Point Forward and needs a coach to convince him of that. He's needed someone to basically sit him down and show him this but they don't.

    Honestly my biggest issue with Ben offensively isn't the lack of shot, it isn't even the lack of aggression when he has the ball, hell it's not even the bad FT shooting. And before you do your usual crying **** BOTHER TO READ WHAT I'M ABOUT TO SAY:
    The biggest issue I have with Ben on offense is that when he doesn't have the ball he doesn't bother to move. Ever notice how much when I push for Thybulle to play more it's because he actually bothers to move on offense. Ben doesn't move. He brings up the ball, hands it off, then stands there. No baseline cutting, no flashing to the top of the key, no dragging around a curl. None of that. Thybulle gets away with being a "bad" shooter because he moves so much. Aaron Gordon gets away with being a "bad" shooter because he moves so much. Paskal Siakam gets away with being a "bad" shooter because he moves so much. If ben were to move does it solve all the issues? **** no. But on offense he can make defenses have issues by just moving around more because you have to be aware of where he is.
    this is the thing you arent getting man.... magic could sit down and tell be he isnt a ****ing pg and he needs to do this and this... ben wouldnt give a ****. He shoots with the wrong hand/takes no advice/worries more about banging celebs and post basketball life over basketball... he is shooting with the wrong hand my dude and you said so yourself... he never wanted to ball at collage and just wanted a pay day and is happy as a fringe all star at best because he is making bank...

    THE DUDE AFTER GAME 4 WHEN WE COULD HAVE GONE UP 3-1 WAS GAMING AN HOUR AFTER LOL... Joel was working on his shooting ben was ****ing gaming... hours before game 5 joel was working on his shooting/tobi was working on his game and ben was hitting up girls on instangram.... he is a celebrity pretending to be an athelete bro... i wouldnt be surprised if ben retires before he is 30. He has never listened to any advice or given any ****s about getting better.... HE IS REGRESSING SINCE HIS FIRST SEASON

  15. #660
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    29,301
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Well if we're learning anything this morning it's that Doc, Harris, the bench....it's not their fault because they all are just dealing with Simmons. Not the fact the bench unit was a negative. Not the fact that Harris was a turnover machine and a black hole of indecision on offense while getting abused by Galo/Collins on defense. Not the fact that Shake/Hill/Dwight can't hit the broad side of a barn. Not the fact that the coach sticks with the same rotations of the same guys at the same times and see the same thing happen twice. Nope. We would be undefeated if we didn't have Ben.
    Yeah Doc and Harris have to shoulder some of this too, I agree

Page 44 of 87 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •