Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rebekah Jonesí whistleblower win against DeSantis administration

The DeSantis administration has worked long and hard to discredit Rebekah Jones, fired last year from her job as a data analyst after she accused state health officials of pressuring her to manipulate certain coronavirus numbers. She has stood her ground for a year, and last week, the Floridaís Office of the Inspector General firmed up the earth beneath her feet.

Friday, the IGís office told Jonesí attorneys that she is a whistleblower, officially. This will afford her certain protections, plus the possibility of reinstatement or compensation. The former health department staffer said that she was asked to skew data analysis to better mesh with administration policy and also to screen other statistics from public view.
    Iím glad mini-Trump is being partially held accountable.

https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/...251781273.html
    Last edited by dbroncos78087; 05-31-2021 at 05:06 PM.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

While she should have whistleblower protections, she still has to prove a lot of what she has claimed as far as I know. What is he now being held partially accountable? What was actually proven? This only tells us about being officially labeled a whistleblower and then outlines what she has previously claimed...

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    While she should have whistleblower protections, she still has to prove a lot of what she has claimed as far as I know. What is he now being held partially accountable? What was actually proven? This only tells us about being officially labeled a whistleblower and then outlines what she has previously claimed...
    Sorry left the link off the post. She is being targeted because she refused to post fraudulent/misleading data.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Sorry left the link off the post. She is being targeted because she refused to post fraudulent/misleading data.
    I am aware of her claims but my point is this is just noting she gets whistleblower status/protections nothing else. I agree she should but there is a lot more to the story/providing actual evidence of these claims. Still a lot needs to be played out before we know what really happened.

I am aware of her claims but my point is this is just noting she gets whistleblower status/protections nothing else. I agree she should but there is a lot more to the story/providing actual evidence of these claims. Still a lot needs to be played out before we know what really happened.
    Under Florida law, only two prongs of people qualify for protection that she has already qualified for:

Prong 1: Any violation or suspected violation of any federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation committed by an employee or agent of an agency or independent contractor which creates and present a substantial and specific danger to the publicís health, safety, or welfare; and/or
    Prong 2: Any act or suspected act of gross mismanagement, malfeasance, misfeasance, gross waste of public funds, suspected or actual Medicaid fraud or abuse, or gross neglect of duty committed by an employee or agent of an agency or independent contractor.
    https://www.floridalaborlawyer.com/w...er-in-florida/

Under Florida law, only two prongs of people qualify for protection that she has already qualified for:

Yes and this has been about a suspected violation of state rule/regulation, correct? So this was always expected to be the case as far as I know.

It still doesn't address her main claims or provide proof of them. The main issue is still an issue this is about her protection as I noted (which is good it wasn't denied but should have been expected).

Okay, but none of that means she was telling the truth. I think that was mngopher's point.

In general I think whistleblower protection should be automatic and strengthened, but if their claims are proven fraudulent they should lose those protections. I don't know what the rules are for that in Florida.

Yes and this has been about a suspected violation of state rule/regulation, correct? So this was always expected to be the case as far as I know.

It still doesn't address her main claims or provide proof of them. The main issue is still an issue this is about her protection as I noted (which is good it wasn't denied but should have been expected).
    What are you complaining about, she's a whistle blower, you can't reasonably expect her to prove her claims

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Okay, but none of that means she was telling the truth. I think that was mngopher's point.
    Do you have evidence that she is lying? Or is it just that she's saying that Florida was trying to pretend like they were doing better with COVID than they really were?

Do you have evidence that she is lying? Or is it just that she's saying that Florida was trying to pretend like they were doing better with COVID than they really were?
    Do you have evidence she isn't lying and they are?

The issue at this moment is there are claims being made with 0 evidence provided. We need to wait for that evidence before we actually know what happened. I personally am interested to see it play out but all that has happened so far is she received whistleblower protection (which should have been expected), nothing related to the claims against the administration yet.

Rebekah Jonesí whistleblower win against DeSantis administration

Do you have evidence she isn't lying and they are?

The issue at this moment is there are claims being made with 0 evidence provided. We need to wait for that evidence before we actually know what happened. I personally am interested to see it play out but all that has happened so far is she received whistleblower protection (which should have been expected), nothing related to the claims against the administration yet.
    Do you think it matters? If everything comes out and it shows she is being truthful are there any repercussions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Do you think it matters? If everything comes out and it shows she is being truthful are there any repercussions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am not sure what repercussions there would be honestly but yes it does matter to me either way. As I noted I am interested to see it play out. Before jumping on the bandwagon demanding there be repercussions/accountability I think we need to see some proof/evidence.

Whether or not it would actually lead to repercussions from those in power is less likely than just it being the truth though, I can see why you have your doubts on that.

Why does it have to be political?

Do I have evidence? No, why would I? I said she should have the protections she was given. That makes sense. But that's where it ends until evidence is gathered.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    And if everything comes out and it shows she is lying are there any repercussions? I don't know. But my guess is nothing happens to her other than losing her job which has already happened. But we'll see ... or we won't.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast