Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I dont think that deal is happening but if Dame goes its to rebuild their team not retool. Theyd strip everything down. Depending on that Wolves pick. That could be an interesting package theyd consider but it would likely only be if Dame wanted to go home.

I just dont see Dame leaving.
    I think hes said so many times that hes a lifer that by now hed look silly if he demanded out. Maybe after this contract or if the rest of the team retires/leaves for nothing then it would look ok to leave. Plus, he knows what it would look like if he went home while the Curry group is still there. Hed look weak as af.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Knicks got what exactly? Barrett, Toppin, Knox isn't that exciting. Who needs picks? Middleton and Holiday is combo of two starters and previous all stars for one all star. What do the Knicks have to offer? Randle needs to be paid. Sure isn't much if Blazers still wanna retool going forward.

I can see the Blazers trading for Towns.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    How so? I am not sure what would interest us from them tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I think hes said so many times that hes a lifer that by now hed look silly if he demanded out. Maybe after this contract or if the rest of the team retires/leaves for nothing then it would look ok to leave. Plus, he knows what it would look like if he went home while the Curry group is still there. Hed look weak as af.
    Naw it wouldnt be the same. KD joined when they were younger and healthy. Warriors missed the playoffs last two years. Yes decimated by injuries and a completely gutted team for new young kids. But I just dont see the media or fans painting it the same way. Plus hes an oakland native. Hes loved in the bay. Id wager if he joined the warriors (seriously not happening) he wouldnt take much heat.

Hes just putting pressure on them to make a ballzy move

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Naw it wouldnt be the same. KD joined when they were younger and healthy. Warriors missed the playoffs last two years. Yes decimated by injuries and a completely gutted team for new young kids. But I just dont see the media or fans painting it the same way. Plus hes an oakland native. Hes loved in the bay. Id wager if he joined the warriors (seriously not happening) he wouldnt take much heat.

Hes just putting pressure on them to make a ballzy move
    Might not be KD level because the Warriors had recently won, Lilliard is from there, and Lilliard is no KD but adding Lilliard to that core (getting healthy again) and yeah, itll be heat with meaningless rings.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    I hope not. Towns is heck of an offensive player but he is the opposite of helping in there real areas of need imo. That team has pretender written all over it IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

As much as I would love Dame, the Bucks dont have the assets for Dame. But I do think there's a chance the Bucks and Blazers make a deal. If the bucks flame out against the Nets, which seems likely, both teams are sort of stuck in a no man's land. So they make sense to try to swap parts and see what happens.

I think something like Middleton and Donte (or they could take back Pat C if they prefer for some reason) for McCollum and Covington. Maybe there's some other pieces mixed inxl like picks or bench guys, but that would be the main part of the deal. I think Middleton is a better fit next to Dame than McCollum. He's more of a shooter than an iso guy and fits their defense better. It also allows them to bring back Powell to play more of the 2 than an undersized 3. Perhaps they could swing donte or maybe Simmons for some front court help.

For the Bucks, CJ is a slight downgrade from Middleton as a player in my mind, but he's more of an attacker than Middleton. And pairing CJ with guard like Jrue as opposed to Dame allows you to hide him a bit more on defense and allows him to play a bit more on ball than he did in Portland. And Covington can be a better offensive version of what they're asking the corpse of PJ Tucker to currently do.

But to relate to the OP question, I would say no, don't rebuild. Portland isn't a destination. Cap space isn't all that valuable. Picks don't guarantee stars. Guys like Ben Simmons aren't stars in my mind. They are pretty likely to be irrelevant after Dame anyways. So who cares if you slightly jump start your rebuild. Go all in on Dame. Keep trying to make moves to get better. Deal CJ for something. Try to bring back Powell and swap CJ for more of a 3 or 4.

Unless you're getting a bunch of premium picks. I think all those trades of stara for crazy amounts of picks is just kind of dumb. I dont think Houston and OKC had much of a choice, although I don't know how hard Paul George pushed being traded to OKC, so them rebuilding makes sense. But would anyone be shocked if both teams either suck or end up topping out at something like what Indiana currently is over the next 10 years? Unless Dame forces your hand, or some godfather offer that includes guaranteed high lotto picks comes through, just keep trying to build around Dame and figure it out. You'll suck most likely after he leaves anyways, so why not take a few more chances right now. Heck, the west is semi open. LeBron isn't getting younger. Who knows what Klay as a player. I'm not sold on Utah as a whole. One of the Suns best players is 36. Denver could be dangerous if healthy. Lac is flawed. Dallas can't find a running mate for Luka. Portland is a ways off, but one big move and some luck could work for them. I'd take that chance over a rebuild any day.

I like the idea of Mike D'Antoni coaching Portland.

Chauncey Billups, Becky Hammon, Dawn Staley, Mike D'Antonio and Brent Barry among top Blazers coaching candidates. Per Shams

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Chauncey Billups, Becky Hammon, Dawn Staley, Mike D'Antonio and Brent Barry among top Blazers coaching candidates. Per Shams
    I didn't know Brent Barry is coaching LOL.

Hire Dantoni he will happily continue the tradition of disappointing in the playoffs in Portland

Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    Hire Dantoni he will happily continue the tradition of disappointing in the playoffs in Portland

They're allegedly gonna interview him [emoji1751]

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    They're allegedly gonna interview him [emoji1751]

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast