Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 385
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,533

    Red Soxs @ Yankees June 4th-6th

    Game 1
    Fri, Jun 4 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

    Red Soxs
    Nathan Eovaldi
    RHP
    6-2, 4.01 ERA, 58 SO
    For the second straight start, Eovaldi will face a former team. After beating the Marlins last time out, the righty will try to neutralize the Yankees in the first game between the rivals in 2021. Lifetime at Yankee Stadium, Eovaldi is 10-6 with a 3.86 ERA.

    VS

    Yankees
    Michael King
    RHP
    0-2, 2.86 ERA, 20 SO
    King will make his second consecutive start after seven consecutive relief appearances to begin the year. In his most recent outing, King took the loss against Detroit, allowing four runs (two earned) in 2 1/3 innings.

    Game 2
    Sat, Jun 5 • 7:15 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

    Red Soxs
    Eduardo Rodriguez
    LHP
    5-4, 5.64 ERA, 58 SO
    Fixing their ace lefty is one of the most important tasks the Red Sox have in June. In May, E-Rod was 1-4 with a 7.28 ERA.

    VS

    Yankees
    Jameson Taillon
    RHP
    1-4, 5.10 ERA, 55 SO
    Taillon is 0-2 in his past five starts, four of which include multiple walks and/or a home run allowed. He's only faced the Red Sox once, and it went quite well: seven scoreless innings in 2017, with five hits allowed and six strikeouts.

    Game 3
    Sun, Jun 6 • 7:08 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

    Red Soxs
    Garrett Richards
    RHP
    4-4, 3.75 ERA, 52 SO
    Richards has been on a nice roll for the Red Sox, going 4-2 with a 2.70 ERA in his last seven starts. In five career starts at Yankee Stadium, Richards is 0-4 with a 7.43 ERA.

    VS

    Yankees
    Domingo German
    RHP
    4-3, 3.27 ERA, 52 SO
    After a pair of truncated turns through the rotation to begin the year, Germán has now pitched at least five innings in each of his past eight outings. In his past five, Germán has a 2.40 ERA -- and the Yankees have won four of those.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    All three match ups are good match ups in that series , would be nice to see the Yankees hit eovaldi . I do think 2 of 3 in that series is likely imo

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    39,158
    Interesting rotation for the Yankees this series.
    King gets his shot. Hopefully he can do better.

    Tallion gets his real test

    German gets his real test. He needs to have a great game to prove he's truly back



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    7,437
    Real tests ? You mean tailon and German haven’t really been tested yet this season ?
    Last edited by Posada20; 06-03-2021 at 05:55 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Interesting rotation for the Yankees this series.
    King gets his shot. Hopefully he can do better.

    Tallion gets his real test

    German gets his real test. He needs to have a great game to prove he's truly back
    I was kinda hoping they would have given Gil a look but that was just extremely wishful thinking on my part. Although based on what he's been doing, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we saw him get a start or 2 later in the yr.

    I really hope we get the early season version of King that looked so good. It will be interesting to see if they use him as a 3-4 inning opener or if they are actually going to give him a real start.

    Big test for Taillon and see if he can keep us in the game against one of the better offenses in BB. He needs to come up with a big performance. Its at home and he's pitched much better at home than on the road, so hopefully he has a good start.

    I do agree that this is Germans chance to prove thats he's all the way back and prove he's put everything behind him and has taken the next step in his development. IMO this is his chance to prove he can step up and deliver a big performance in a big series against a good team. If he can start doing that, we might have to consider him better than your avg MORP that we were hoping he could be when the yr started. With Kluber out, we need German to step up and take his spot just like he did in 19 when Sevy went down. Were really going to have to hope he can perform like a number 2 for the next 6weeks until Sevy and/or Kluber get back

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    20,027
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Game 1
    Fri, Jun 4 • 7:05 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

    Red Soxs
    Nathan Eovaldi
    RHP
    6-2, 4.01 ERA, 58 SO
    For the second straight start, Eovaldi will face a former team. After beating the Marlins last time out, the righty will try to neutralize the Yankees in the first game between the rivals in 2021. Lifetime at Yankee Stadium, Eovaldi is 10-6 with a 3.86 ERA.

    VS

    Yankees
    Michael King
    RHP
    0-2, 2.86 ERA, 20 SO
    King will make his second consecutive start after seven consecutive relief appearances to begin the year. In his most recent outing, King took the loss against Detroit, allowing four runs (two earned) in 2 1/3 innings.

    Game 2
    Sat, Jun 5 • 7:15 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

    Red Soxs
    Eduardo Rodriguez
    LHP
    5-4, 5.64 ERA, 58 SO
    Fixing their ace lefty is one of the most important tasks the Red Sox have in June. In May, E-Rod was 1-4 with a 7.28 ERA.

    VS

    Yankees
    Jameson Taillon
    RHP
    1-4, 5.10 ERA, 55 SO
    Taillon is 0-2 in his past five starts, four of which include multiple walks and/or a home run allowed. He's only faced the Red Sox once, and it went quite well: seven scoreless innings in 2017, with five hits allowed and six strikeouts.

    Game 3
    Sun, Jun 6 • 7:08 PM EDT
    At Yankee Stadium

    Red Soxs
    Garrett Richards
    RHP
    4-4, 3.75 ERA, 52 SO
    Richards has been on a nice roll for the Red Sox, going 4-2 with a 2.70 ERA in his last seven starts. In five career starts at Yankee Stadium, Richards is 0-4 with a 7.43 ERA.

    VS

    Yankees
    Domingo German
    RHP
    4-3, 3.27 ERA, 52 SO
    After a pair of truncated turns through the rotation to begin the year, Germán has now pitched at least five innings in each of his past eight outings. In his past five, Germán has a 2.40 ERA -- and the Yankees have won four of those.
    The only game we have a shot to win is Sunday. I think King and Taillon will get wiped out! I have no faith in those 2 vs the Sox.
    Last edited by rrzubnyy; 06-03-2021 at 07:25 PM.
    Soundgarden
    1. Fell on Black Days( Cornell with vocal perfection)
    2. Outshined
    3. Spoonman
    4. Black Hole Sun
    5. Loud Love
    6. Ugly Truth


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    14,545
    The Red Sox bats are hotter than ours right now but we can still win 2 out of 3 if the SP has great games.

    If not it will be ugly.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    11,533
    DJs OBP at .338 is higher than his SLG at .327. Where has DJs power gone? His SLG numbers are down .263 points from last yr... the new ball is obviously making a difference but not that much.

    Hes in the middle of a very bad slump and I have very, very little doubt he'll pick it up, but how much?

    Anyone see or notice anything obviously different is his swing, approach or mechanics this yr vs last yr?

    I am in no means saying he's a bad player by any means but he's clearly not hitting anywhere close to the last couple yrs.

    Another good thing about possibly getting K Marte is he would give us another quality lead off option if it becomes necessary to move DJ down or try him in another spot in the lineup

  9. #9
    OhSoSlick's Avatar
    OhSoSlick is offline Formerly RCSownsU - PSDs Sexiest Fireman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A Firehouse
    Posts
    36,665
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    DJs OBP at .338 is higher than his SLG at .327. Where has DJs power gone? His SLG numbers are down .263 points from last yr... the new ball is obviously making a difference but not that much.

    Hes in the middle of a very bad slump and I have very, very little doubt he'll pick it up, but how much?

    Anyone see or notice anything obviously different is his swing, approach or mechanics this yr vs last yr?

    I am in no means saying he's a bad player by any means but he's clearly not hitting anywhere close to the last couple yrs.

    Another good thing about possibly getting K Marte is he would give us another quality lead off option if it becomes necessary to move DJ down or try him in another spot in the lineup
    Offense is down across the league, pitches seem to be moving more than ever. Spin rates are up.

    Some suggest it's the new baseball

    Some suggest it's how the plate approach if hitters has changed with the increased use of things like launch angles.

    Maybe it's a combination of things, like a perfect storm kinda situation.

    Owners had a meeting and seem to think it's related to increased use in illegal substances. They're planning on cracking down on it. How they will enforce it, I have no idea.

    It will be interesting to see what happens going forward. I don't think Manfred is a particularly good commissioner and I have very little doubt he will make anything better.

    Since he has taken over, baseball has taken a step back, IMO.

    As far as DJ:

    It could be related to any of the above things, or he could just be regressing a bit, or maybe it's multiple things.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by OhSoSlick; 06-04-2021 at 02:08 AM.
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

    I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    39,158
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    I was kinda hoping they would have given Gil a look but that was just extremely wishful thinking on my part. Although based on what he's been doing, it wouldn't surprise me at all if we saw him get a start or 2 later in the yr.

    I really hope we get the early season version of King that looked so good. It will be interesting to see if they use him as a 3-4 inning opener or if they are actually going to give him a real start.

    Big test for Taillon and see if he can keep us in the game against one of the better offenses in BB. He needs to come up with a big performance. Its at home and he's pitched much better at home than on the road, so hopefully he has a good start.

    I do agree that this is Germans chance to prove thats he's all the way back and prove he's put everything behind him and has taken the next step in his development. IMO this is his chance to prove he can step up and deliver a big performance in a big series against a good team. If he can start doing that, we might have to consider him better than your avg MORP that we were hoping he could be when the yr started. With Kluber out, we need German to step up and take his spot just like he did in 19 when Sevy went down. Were really going to have to hope he can perform like a number 2 for the next 6weeks until Sevy and/or Kluber get back
    I really don't get why they don't have Devi start and king ready to go. Even if you tell Devi he's going no more than 5, you can still throw King right after him and save the pen

    Gil would be really fun but yeah, they are going to baby the hell out of those guys IMO, If he sniffs the bigs, it will be in September.



    Ignorance is bliss

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    39,158
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Offense is down across the league, pitches seem to be moving more than ever. Spin rates are up.

    Some suggest it's the new baseball

    Some suggest it's how the plate approach if hitters has changed with the increased use of things like launch angles.

    Maybe it's a combination of things, like a perfect storm kinda situation.

    Owners had a meeting and seem to think it's related to increased use in illegal substances. They're planning on cracking down on it. How they will enforce it, I have no idea.

    It will be interesting to see what happens going forward. I don't think Manfred is a particularly good commissioner and I have very little doubt he will make anything better.

    Since he has taken over, baseball has taken a step back, IMO.

    As far as DJ:

    It could be related to any of the above things, or he could just be regressing a bit, or maybe it's multiple things.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    I just saw that bit about illegal substances on the ball. I don't think much of it. I'm sure guys are using things but I don't think it is so rampant that it has affected the offense this much.

    I agree about DJ. Maybe he regressed this year. It happens. Maybe he's just a hair off regarding timing. Maybe he tried to adjust his swing to get the ball out of the park more.
    Maybe he read too many of Posada's and Johnny Ny's posts and he's suffering from self inflicted, psychogenic blindness or he temporarily became so stupid, he forgot how to judge pitches

    I think he will be fine. It may be a down year but I don't think he will fall off a cliff.



    Ignorance is bliss

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSoSlick View Post
    Offense is down across the league, pitches seem to be moving more than ever. Spin rates are up.

    Some suggest it's the new baseball

    Some suggest it's how the plate approach if hitters has changed with the increased use of things like launch angles.

    Maybe it's a combination of things, like a perfect storm kinda situation.

    Owners had a meeting and seem to think it's related to increased use in illegal substances. They're planning on cracking down on it. How they will enforce it, I have no idea.

    It will be interesting to see what happens going forward. I don't think Manfred is a particularly good commissioner and I have very little doubt he will make anything better.

    Since he has taken over, baseball has taken a step back, IMO.

    As far as DJ:

    It could be related to any of the above things, or he could just be regressing a bit, or maybe it's multiple things.

    Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    According to published accounts most pitchers use the substance, Cole was mentioned often as a user and source for several MLB pitchers. (Some even went as far as to argue the difference in Cole Pitt and Cole Houston was the substance he started using) MLB has turned a blind eye until recently. Some argue it gives the pitchers more control particularly in cold weather. Others are claiming the spin rates are heading into uncharted territory and it needs to be dealt with now.


    https://yanksgoyard.com/2021/03/26/y...ubstance-memo/

    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...ng-per-report/

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    39,158
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    According to published accounts most pitchers use the substance, Cole was mentioned often as a user and source for several MLB pitchers. (Some even went as far as to argue the difference in Cole Pitt and Cole Houston was the substance he started using) MLB has turned a blind eye until recently. Some argue it gives the pitchers more control particularly in cold weather. Others are claiming the spin rates are heading into uncharted territory and it needs to be dealt with now.


    https://yanksgoyard.com/2021/03/26/y...ubstance-memo/

    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/m...ng-per-report/
    Or, hitters can learn to hit


    Yin and Yang



    Ignorance is bliss

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,946
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Or, hitters can learn to hit


    Yin and Yang
    True. I think they are concerned with the hand writing on the wall. According to some, it' can add several hundred revs to pitch. I am guessing with the "new" ball they want to keep the spin rates in check?

    Trevor Bauer ( never on to shy away from controversy) implied in myriad social media posts that the improvements of pitchers Verlander and Cole upon their arrival with the Houston Astros was tied to questionable practices. In 2020, Bauer estimated at least 70% of pitchers used foreign substances. What he didn't mention was his own new found success and spin rates. Bauer himself had a career year, winning the Cy Young Award in the pandemic-shortened season, while enjoying spin rate gains from 2019 of 15% on his four-seam fastball and 10% on his cut fastball, according to MLB data.

    For average MLB hitters, you can't hit what you can't see. I use DJ as an example, who is far from your average hitter... . Premier eye and contact skill, but yet this season he struggles to get the bat square on the ball.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,845
    Change the strike zone. It's getting nearly impossible for hitters to hit the ball at the letters with all that spin. Lower it to beneath the pecs and all those pitches will be balls and the pitchers will have to come in to the hitting zone.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •