Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,558
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Isnít the wonderlic like 50 questions in 10 mins or something? I donít think itís necessarily there to see how smart or how dumb you are but rather how you are with taking in information and coming up with quick solutions. I bet a lot of people actually donít even finish the test on time.
    15 minutes, 50 multiple choice (4 option) questions. Most questions are simple enough for grade schoolers. Even if you're the dumbest person on the planet you could pick 'A' for every question and get a 12.

    I will say most people probably don't finish it. If it were 20 minutes long there'd be way more 48-50 scores. I took a mock test a couple years ago and got like a 40 and ran out of time on question 42. The time constraint is the only difficult part of a Wonderlic.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,106
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    15 minutes, 50 multiple choice (4 option) questions. Most questions are simple enough for grade schoolers. Even if you're the dumbest person on the planet you could pick 'A' for every question and get a 12.

    I will say most people probably don't finish it. If it were 20 minutes long there'd be way more 48-50 scores. I took a mock test a couple years ago and got like a 40 and ran out of time on question 42. The time constraint is the only difficult part of a Wonderlic.
    That even furthers the point that star athletes are excused from learning because they are good at sports.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    21,132
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    15 minutes, 50 multiple choice (4 option) questions. Most questions are simple enough for grade schoolers. Even if you're the dumbest person on the planet you could pick 'A' for every question and get a 12.
    On average. If the order of the answers is randomized, then two equally smart people that always pick A could end up with scores of 8 and 20. But I guess you were trying to argue that this test actually does accurately measure general cognitive ability.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13,558
    Why did this get moved from the NFL forum? It's relevant AND it's the offseason...

    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    On average. If the order of the answers is randomized, then two equally smart people that always pick A could end up with scores of 8 and 20. But I guess you were trying to argue that this test actually does accurately measure general cognitive ability.
    I'm not arguing it tells us anything about how intelligent someone is, but I certainly think it tells us how dumb some people are. If you get a 50 on it, all it tells me is you know 3rd grade math and reading comprehension and your ability to answer quickly is impressive. If you score a 6 it tells me you don't know basic math and reading comprehension and couldn't solve more than 6 simple questions in 15 minutes.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7,339
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    15 minutes, 50 multiple choice (4 option) questions. Most questions are simple enough for grade schoolers. Even if you're the dumbest person on the planet you could pick 'A' for every question and get a 12.

    I will say most people probably don't finish it. If it were 20 minutes long there'd be way more 48-50 scores. I took a mock test a couple years ago and got like a 40 and ran out of time on question 42. The time constraint is the only difficult part of a Wonderlic.
    It's actually 12 minutes.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,106
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Why did this get moved from the NFL forum? It's relevant AND it's the offseason...



    I'm not arguing it tells us anything about how intelligent someone is, but I certainly think it tells us how dumb some people are. If you get a 50 on it, all it tells me is you know 3rd grade math and reading comprehension and your ability to answer quickly is impressive. If you score a 6 it tells me you don't know basic math and reading comprehension and couldn't solve more than 6 simple questions in 15 minutes.
    It got moved because we only need dead threads in the NFL forum, cant have too much posting.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    46,021
    The rules on this site are so ****ing strange. This should be in the NFL forum and ONLY the NFL forum. If it was something I thought the general PSD pop should comment on, then I would have posted it there. It is literally only about the black-heartedness of NFL owners and the powers that be.

    Move it the **** back. This makes no sense at all.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,920
    Lol at moving this our of the NFL forum. Dafuq?

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    42,917
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    The rules on this site are so ****ing strange. This should be in the NFL forum and ONLY the NFL forum. If it was something I thought the general PSD pop should comment on, then I would have posted it there. It is literally only about the black-heartedness of NFL owners and the powers that be.

    Move it the **** back. This makes no sense at all.
    Itís taking away from the important discussions being had in the NFL main.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,105
    Stahp it, guys. The mods are just trying to protect us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •