Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nets in 4

0 0%
  • Nets in 5

1 16.67%
  • Nets in 6

1 16.67%
  • Nets in 7

1 16.67%
  • Bucks in 4

0 0%
  • Bucks in 5

0 0%
  • Bucks in 6

2 33.33%
  • Bucks in 7

1 16.67%
Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Bucks blew a solid lead in the 2nd half.

Giannis failed during crunch time. Same with Harden, but i'll give the latter some botd due to coming back early from the hamstring.

I think that blown lead is probably the series for Mil. But if KD and Green get cold they might have a punchers chance.

KD is an elite finisher, but if he can't make the opposition pay when teams focus and double him up as the other elite players. That's why I don't overrate him as much as others do.

Kawhi isn't a good playmaker either. But he can muscle his way and is more efficient against playoff defenses that key in on him vs. KD.

KD will make you pay if you leave him 1 on 1 in a mismatch. So can Kawhi, but his ability to beat physical play gives him the edge over KD for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The Nets are like The Monkeys. They have a lot of hits but they are not a real team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At full strength the Nets are definitely a real team. Do they have obvious weaknesses? Yes, they do. But how many teams, ever, have not had obvious weaknesses?

Bucks can still win this series for sure, but they have HCA against them in game 7 if it gets to that. They just need to play a lot smarter from here forward.

Tucker is useless on offense if he's not making 3s, so Jrue and Brooke need to understand they have to have bigger offensive games. If not then Middleton has to go for at least 30.

Do not wait on base level bench players like Forbes, Portis and Connaugton to have big games. The guys making the big dollars need to show their worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    KD is an elite finisher, but if he can't make the opposition pay when teams focus and double him up as the other elite players. That's why I don't overrate him as much as others do.

Kawhi isn't a good playmaker either. But he can muscle his way and is more efficient against playoff defenses that key in on him vs. KD.

KD will make you pay if you leave him 1 on 1 in a mismatch. So can Kawhi, but his ability to beat physical play gives him the edge over KD for me.
    Yeah, KD hasnít been facing double and triple teams or being played physically in this series. Maybe in your reality.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Harden 1 of 9 for 3 pts in 34 mins [emoji23]

Nets are lucky Geoff Green is having the game of his life tonight. If not they'd be down by 30.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Jeff has been solid all year. Heís a good, smart, steady, unflappable player.

Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
    Yeah, KD hasnít been facing double and triple teams or being played physically in this series. Maybe in your reality.
    He goofed last game eithout all nba help sgsinst defensive attention and physicsl play. Only sae the 4th q this game.

Kd isnt a play maker or floor raiser. He is a top flight fonisher. His vision snd anticipation isnt the greatest out of fouble teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post

By using that logic, Lebron would get the edge over KL cause he's even more physical which has nothing to do with clutch play where KD owns both of them. He make the biggest plays any time he wants even against the best players as he'll eats both Lebron and KD alive with his scoring prowess that is 2nd to none.

https://youtu.be/oure_npN_sc

I take the slim reaper over any other active player when it comes to making clutch play on a dime!

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Bucks can still win this series for sure, but they have HCA against them in game 7 if it gets to that. They just need to play a lot smarter from here forward.

Tucker is useless on offense if he's not making 3s, so Jrue and Brooke need to understand they have to have bigger offensive games. If not then Middleton has to go for at least 30.

Do not wait on base level bench players like Forbes, Portis and Connaugton to have big games. The guys making the big dollars need to show their worth.
    Tucker brings toughness to any team he plays for during his entire career on both ends of the court, not just making 3s on offense. The Bucks are much tougher now as a team after the Tucker trade which was missing in last years playoffs when Butler and the Heat walked all over them. Tough players are not useless on offense as they bring intangible traits other than scoring to the table that is important to winning which you don't seem to grasp. Now Joe Harris was basically useless on the court tonight when he couldn't hit the side of the barn let alone 3s like that air ball at the end of the half yet Nash continued to play him even down the stretch. Being a streaky shooter, missing badly can last all game and his defense is a joke unlike Tucker so can anyone tell me why Harris got 37 minutes even when he sucked?!?

If the Nets had lost this game. I would have blamed it on him over any other Nets player which includes Harden as he is their best passer on the team by far even when he is not scoring.

https://youtu.be/6J22xEeLaKM
    Last edited by cattusmaru; 06-16-2021 at 01:18 AM.

Same standard as his peers? Yeah, maybe you should hold him to that same standard. Acting like Durant is not up to LBJ standard if he doesnít win without any real highly regarded teammate on the floor with him. Thatís BS. And yet, in a critical game 5 without Kyrie and with a hobbled Harden, he goes the full game and has a 49/17/10 triple-double with 3 steals and two blocks. Did Lebron ever do that? People have to get off this guys back.
    I'd say game 2 and game 3 of the 2015 NBA finals are pretty on par.

2007 ECF game 5 is in the ball park.

Also, 2008 ECF game 5 can probably be mentioned.

Even though a loss, 2018 finals game 1 is a decent example.

Some great games among these, but nothing really compares to what KD just did. Or the efficiency with which he did it.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The Nets are like The Monkeys. They have a lot of hits but they are not a real team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think this flew over most of these posterís heads and Iím surprised you said it, to be honest. And itís Monkees, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by cattusmaru View Post
    Tucker brings toughness to any team he plays for during his entire career on both ends of the court, not just making 3s on offense. The Bucks are much tougher now as a team after the Tucker trade which was missing in last years playoffs when Butler and the Heat walked all over them. Tough players are not useless on offense as they bring intangible traits other than scoring to the table that is important to winning which you don't seem to grasp. Now Joe Harris was basically useless on the court tonight when he couldn't hit the side of the barn let alone 3s like that air ball at the end of the half yet Nash continued to play him even down the stretch. Being a streaky shooter, missing badly can last all game and his defense is a joke unlike Tucker so can anyone tell me why Harris got 37 minutes even when he sucked?!?

If the Nets had lost this game. I would have blamed it on him over any other Nets player which includes Harden as he is their best passer on the team by far even when he is not scoring.

https://youtu.be/6J22xEeLaKM
    I think you just haven't actually read what I wrote and jumped to a wild conclusion. Nobody said Tucker was useless as a basketball player, but he was certainly near useless as an offensive player last night.Tucker made a couple 50/50 plays to get some loose balls but was ultimately having his team play 4 on 5 on offense every moment he was on the court. 0 points, 0 assists, 33 minutes of play.

Nobody ever discussed dropping him from the rotation. The Bucks players need to just account for his limited offensive production while yielding the benefits of his defensive ability. If you're going to have a guy play 33 minutes and produce no offense (neither passes or scoring) then you need your stars making the big bucks to step up and output a bit more than basically their own season averages.

I'll break it down in simplest terms:

If Tucker typically averages 4 ppg and is giving you 0, Jrue typically 18 giving 19, Middleton typically 20 giving 25 and Lopez typically 12 giving 15. That's a net value of only +5 over their normal output and they all played SIGNIFICANTLY more minutes than they normally play. What's worse is that's only on a combined 41% shooting between those 4 players. That's not enough out of their highest minute rotation players in what will be an elimination game when they play next. Period. Just that simple.

So me suggesting those guys need to step up shouldn't be lost on anyone who knows anything.

And nobody ever said Harris fulfilled his duties. He was trash, but the difference is Durant was able to pick up the slack.

Same standard as his peers? Yeah, maybe you should hold him to that same standard. Acting like Durant is not up to LBJ standard if he doesnít win without any real highly regarded teammate on the floor with him. Thatís BS. And yet, in a critical game 5 without Kyrie and with a hobbled Harden, he goes the full game and has a 49/17/10 triple-double with 3 steals and two blocks. Did Lebron ever do that? People have to get off this guys back.
    C'mon man.....you can come @ me straight without the need to make **** up. Who do you think I was referencing when I bring up his peers? You know damn well I never insinuated KD wasn't in LBJs class. I'm saying the exact opposite, yet the standards with which each guy is held to is different. It's BS.

KD was phenomenal tonight....all-time great performance. Got nothing to say....it's what we should expect from one of the best players on planet earth. And to answer your question with regards to LBJ....yeah he did.

2012 ECSF down 2-1 @Indy w/ no Bosh and a hobbled Wade: 40/18/9....

2012 ECF down 3-2 @BOS: 45/15/5....19/26 shooting....

People have to get off this guy's back.

imagine lebron with curry/klay/dray or harden/kyrie or westy/harden etc... durant was fantastic tonight no doubt but its 1 game... Bron did this type of **** on both ends in the finals against better teams period... nets team is still ****ing loaded without kyrie and a so called hurt harden. Harden was trash tonight but he was being covered period... then blake/harris etc... Imagine lebron playing with this crew and then come at me. Its not the same standard because durant has never done anything without a ****ing super team except blow 3-1 leads with amazing talent around him.

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast