Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

2021 In Season News, Notes and Rumors

Just wanted to start this puppy for general non-game related discussion.
    The Tweeter Handle: @DSchneider_05

Y’all,

Remember when JP was getting all cocky this offseason and kind of called out the FO for platooning him because the Cubs offered him an everyday role? I mean, that’s no surprise, he’s always made overtures about believing he’s an everyday player...

Also no surprise; he still sucks against lefties... and the Cubs haven’t exactly stuck to their promise. Joc has only started 6 games against lefty starters and is averaging 1.8 PA’s in those games. If not for 2 games in a row where he eeked out multiple hits his .500-something OPS against LHP would look even worse. He’s likely to get hot at some point against righties, but he’s just lost against southpaws.

Meanwhile, Albert Pujols has been the exact opposite of JP; Great against LHP and woof against RHP.

Glad we got him as a strict platoon player and late game PH against LH relievers

can we trade for Hader or another top notch reliever? I don't know what they are doing with Ruiz. He is more than ready to be the everyday catcher but no open spot for him. Smith and the 17 year catcher are our future catchers. Might as well trade him for Hader or someone like him.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    can we trade for Hader or another top notch reliever? I don't know what they are doing with Ruiz. He is more than ready to be the everyday catcher but no open spot for him. Smith and the 17 year catcher are our future catchers. Might as well trade him for Hader or someone like him.
    Cartaya is on Fiya! (Yeah, I did it)

With Ruiz being the middle man on a bridge that includes Smith on one end and Cartaya on the other, trading Ruiz makes sense and Cartaya’s performance is really driving that home. As much as I’d love to have Hader, I don’t know that I could part with Ruiz for a reliever. Maybe in a package that include some minor leaguers coming back, I just don’t know that the Brewers would see any such deal as fair value. I guess I could be overvaluing our home grown players

Well, ****.

I hope he proves me wrong now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...incidence/amp/

2021 MLB draft starts tonight. Dodgers only have 1 pick in the first couple rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone knows who Maddux Burns was named after.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    Everyone knows who Maddux Burns was named after.
    Hopefully we get close to that of a player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s a big lefty power arm from the south, of course he’s going to draw comps to CK. I told myself as soon as they announced the pick not to let that be a comp…

But when I looked at his velo, pitch mix, and his current command as a high school prospect, I mean you can’t help but think there are some similarities…

And then of course you find that he’s modeled himself after the guy.

https://www.mlb.com/dodgers/news/mad...s-in-mlb-draft

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Hopefully one of the 100+ pitchers we took in the draft pans out in 3-4 years. I think it's a lot harder to find an ace pitcher than finding a star hitter. Question is will he sign or go to college?

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Hopefully one of the 100+ pitchers we took in the draft pans out in 3-4 years. I think it's a lot harder to find an ace pitcher than finding a star hitter. Question is will he sign or go to college?
    He actually sounds super excited to join the Dodgers. I think this is going to be an easy signing

But, yeah, I think the Dodgers sent a message in this draft, that we’re comfortable with the bat projections and needed to restock on the arms, I just think we might be a little behind the curve in that regard

Back to my favorite topic lately; Trevor Bauer’s leave has been extended 2 more weeks upon agreement between MLB and the MLBPA.

And with that it would appear that the PA is being cooperative instead of combative which hopefully signifies the beginning of the end of this AWFUL experiment.

In the words of the Swedish rock band known as The Hives…

“I hate to say told you so, but I
    Do believe I told you soooooo”

Yeah, you can add him to the disgraced *hit list that includes Steve Howe, Darryl Strawberry, and Andruw Jones.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Padres about to get Max and we about to trade for some washed up guy like Mike Minor, Cole Hamels or Felix Hernandez. Friedman needs to wake the **** up and trade for Kimbrel, Bryant and Hendricks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast