Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WWE releases 6 superstars, including Braun Strowman and Aleister Black

https://www.wwe.com/article/braun-st...rrett-released

WWE has come to terms on the releases of Braun Strowman, Aleister Black, Lana, Murphy, Ruby Riott and Santana Garrett.

WWE wishes them the best in all of their future endeavors.
    Eichel Tower

Braun????? Wow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fvck Braun mainly because I expect him to re-sign shortly but I was surprise at Aleister Black. Dude is a major talent that Vince again wasted.
    Screw sabermetics.

Makes me wonder if Vince is doing all this cost cutting because he plans on selling the company soon. There really seems to be little reason otherwise. They were their most profitable in 2020 and they are about to go back on the road so even if they may lose money in the future, it still doesn't make a ton of sense to be getting rid of guys like Braun.

Vince needs to step down heís just trigger happy.
    Itís true Vince wants only Charlotte, Reigns, and Lesnar.

NO ONE IS SAFE unless your these ^

Vince to Gronk

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Fvck Braun mainly because I expect him to re-sign shortly but I was surprise at Aleister Black. Dude is a major talent that Vince again wasted.
    I just hope Cesaro doesnít get fired guy is growing on me.

Vince to Gronk

Any of these would be great for aew. I know tna light bah bah bah. But three of the four are Uber talented and pretty young and Lana has alresdy proved she can be a great manager for Miro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strowman is the only one that really shocks me. Black was being way under used on the main roster, I am surprised Lana lasted this long, Murphy and Riot were just kind of floundering and I have no idea who Santana Garrett is.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Strowman is the only one that really shocks me. Black was being way under used on the main roster, I am surprised Lana lasted this long, Murphy and Riot were just kind of floundering and I have no idea who Santana Garrett is.
    I didn't know who she was either ,I had never heard of her. I thought she was a guy when I read the name. I went to wrestling.inc to read up more on it.

I assume Lana is going to AEW to be with Miro. They never should have been split up. Riot is no loss, and I'm glad I don't have to see her again. I hated her look. Strowman signed a huge deal two years ago and had two more years on it. That is the main reason he was let go.

Black didn't make much sense. They hadn't used him at all for six months, and then they had all these vignettes for him and had him come back last week. I don't know why you do all that to just let him go. It's like Vince decided he would be a good one to let go at the last minute and added him to the list.

Supposedly more releases are on the way. I'm guessing the WWE is going to purge the roster of guys that were re-signed at hefty raises pre pandemic. This to me has Vince selling WWE all over it. Like I wouldn't be surprised if they are positioning themselves to sell to NBC. They already own all their PPV rights, their back catalogue and Monday Night Raw. Might as well buy the company when Smackdown's deal is over. Maybe they will do it before then too.

this is probably the first time someone was let go due to cap casualty like in football. I do think more releases are coming.
    I do wonder how Strowman is going to adapt to the indy scene( like what his name will be for one). he has been with wwe his whole wrestling career.
    Going a little of topic but I think WWE Is in really big trouble if they do not push their current wrestlers. With the rise of AEW, and NJPW wanting a piece of the US market, WWE can no longer sign the biggest indy stars , put them on NXT then call them up to smackdown or RAW . which has been their M.O the past few years
    Last edited by hizpcstr; 06-03-2021 at 12:08 AM.

Too many what Ifs

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I've known Santana Garrett for a long time. Talented performer, along the level of Levi Bates (Blue Pants), that good solid vet type performer.

As for Lana, I agree. I thought she would have been gone when Rusev left. Definitely surprise she last this long.

It annoys with Black. They released him weeks after bringing his wife back to the company. WTF are they doing?

Riot would be perfect in the AEW women's division and Murphy, I think he would be perfect at IMPACT.

Aleister Black, to me, would be the perfect lead for the group "Dark Order" instead of Hangman Page.
    Screw sabermetics.

gotta wonder what big name big contracts guys will be let go... Id assume the ones that are safe are

orton
    styles
    reigns
    charlotte
    asuka
    bayley
    banks
    the man
    Rollins
    bray
    miz
    drew
    kofi
    lashley

are all 100 pct safe.

I get why braun was let go. He is making a million a year/often injured and really cant be put in matches with anyone outside of like 6 other top guys because it would be silly. We cant keep watching him fight lashley/bray/drew/orton/reigns lol

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    I get why braun was let go. He is making a million a year/often injured and really cant be put in matches with anyone outside of like 6 other top guys because it would be silly. We cant keep watching him fight lashley/bray/drew/orton/reigns lol
    He's going to have that same problem where ever he ends up. At AEW there is Hager/Wardlow/Doc Gallows/Archer/Miro/The Butcher/Brian Cage/Will Hobbs/Luchasaurus and at IMPACT there is Joe Doehring/Madman Fulton/Moose/W. Morrisey (aka Big Cass)/Willie Mack.

I think the best role for Braun would be to be an "enforcer" to a heel. I think him being the Kevin Nash/Pyscho Sid to Omega's HBK would be interesting to say the least. Keeps him on tv, allows him to continue to be physical, and keeps him from being overexposed. The problem is, would that be worth the money he will be asking for? Hmm.
    Screw sabermetics.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast