Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 482
  1. #466
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,536
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Harrell had a really good season so I'm confused as well. I get that he's undersized versus Ayton but Ayton isn't playing 48 minutes and there's no reason Harrell can't play at the 4 alongside Gasol
    This is why i think some of the blame goes to the coach. He played around with the line ups so much now his moves dont even add up. Even THT was playing well then all of a sudden Mathews who was benched in rotation. Hes like all over the place just hoping something works.

  2. #467
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,536
    We signed not 1 but 2 sixth man candidate and both are non existence.

  3. #468
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,342
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Bron has probably played through his share of injuries , he's just - essentially - the oldest player in NBA history when you look at his total minutes and age together. He's the age that players don't play anymore , think Jordan's Wizards. He was a little bit older than Bron now but had much much much fresher legs( significantly fewer minutes) and was just... good.

    It's a pretty severe injury for a 6'8'' 270 or so tank, and I'd bet it's more severe than it's been let on.

    This series isn't over though. We'll get more confirmation as to how injured Bron is since his elimination game numbers are always absolutely filthy.


    I don't want AD to be rushed back but it would be exciting if the Lakers can take game 6 and get AD back for game 7.





    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    It's honestly not a knock on LBJ. What kobe would do was borderline otherworldly and as I noted, it eventually caught up to him when he tore the achilles. Had he actually followed doctor's orders he might've remained elite until he retired. On the play he ruptured the achilles, I honestly wasn't even concerned because I just assumed kobe would be fine because he was always taking hits and getting hurt and would keep going. It's a tradeoff, grind through injuries and go for it all, but risk major injury or hold back, risk losing, but go onto fight another day when fully healthy. Look at what happened with both KD and Klay when they tried to play through it. It's not fair to expect anyone to do that sort of thing, but because Kobe did it for essentially his entire career we kind of have that expectation around here, but it's not really fair because he is probably the only person to ever do that in the NBA and it came with a steep price towards the end of his career.
    Last edited by Big Moves03; 06-02-2021 at 07:00 PM.

  4. #469
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,342
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    This is why i think some of the blame goes to the coach. He played around with the line ups so much now his moves dont even add up. Even THT was playing well then all of a sudden Mathews who was benched in rotation. Hes like all over the place just hoping something works.
    Yeah, I agree. I think Vogel definitely deserves his share of blame

  5. #470
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Sonoma Beach
    Posts
    12,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    It's honestly not a knock on LBJ. What kobe would do was borderline otherworldly and as I noted, it eventually caught up to him when he tore the achilles. Had he actually followed doctor's orders he might've remained elite until he retired. On the play he ruptured the achilles, I honestly wasn't even concerned because I just assumed kobe would be fine because he was always taking hits and getting hurt and would keep going. It's a tradeoff, grind through injuries and go for it all, but risk major injury or hold back, risk losing, but go onto fight another day when fully healthy. Look at what happened with both KD and Klay when they tried to play through it. It's not fair to expect anyone to do that sort of thing, but because Kobe did it for essentially his entire career we kind of have that expectation around here, but it's not really fair because he is probably the only person to ever do that in the NBA and it came with a steep price towards the end of his career.
    Very well said BM.

  6. #471
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    12,342
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    Very well said BM.

  7. #472
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,585
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I still think A healthy Bron has 2 more mvp seasons in him. Heís just half of himself right now physically. He probably canít stabilize it. Anything more than a straight line and he loses confidence in his ankle.
    I think it's 1 or the other... IMO if LBJ plays at an MVP pace next season he won't stay healthy. But I also think that if LBJ were to pace himself for the next 2 seasons we will have a legitimate shot for titles then 2 seasons.

    **** And by pacing himself it won't be at an MVP level
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

  8. #473
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,536
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I think it's 1 or the other... IMO if LBJ plays at an MVP pace next season he won't stay healthy. But I also think that if LBJ were to pace himself for the next 2 seasons we will have a legitimate shot for titles then 2 seasons.

    **** And by pacing himself it won't be at an MVP level
    I think you can pace yourself and kick it in gear in the postseason. However not playing as an elite player most of the season and then try to kick it in gear dont seem to work. Best bet is get another star player to add to them. Lakers dont have a reliable 3rd option. Lebron days of shouldering a team seems over.

  9. #474
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,312
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Ehh, Phil was great at managing egos but not a great Xs and Os guy. He was out coached multiple times in the playoffs and was bailed out by having the best players in the game. I've always considered Phil a great manager more than a great basketball coach.
    Yeah Iím speaking to his ability to be a leader of men.

  10. #475
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    15,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Harrell had a really good season so I'm confused as well. I get that he's undersized versus Ayton but Ayton isn't playing 48 minutes and there's no reason Harrell can't play at the 4 alongside Gasol
    Ideally, this should happen. If Keef can't deliver as a starter for the first 4-5 minutes, then coach Vogel should give the remainder of the game to Trez playing the 4

  11. #476
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,585
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    I think you can pace yourself and kick it in gear in the postseason. However not playing as an elite player most of the season and then try to kick it in gear dont seem to work. Best bet is get another star player to add to them. Lakers dont have a reliable 3rd option. Lebron days of shouldering a team seems over.
    I'm only talking about LBJ. I'm 100% confident that if he wanted he can pace himself/game manage an entire season then kick it into another gear play-offs time. Probably not at an all-time elite level that he has shown in the past but all star level. What I'm not too confident in is LBJ willingness to pace himself and not dominate regular season games.

    As for getting a 3rd star, I don't see that happening. How? The only players we can freely trade are KCP & Kuzma, and we can trade our 1st but only after drafting a player. (Same way we did last season when we traded our 1st for DS). After that we can only S/T players but then the player would have to want to go to a certain destination and that team would have to have a player we could use. Don't expect any team trading us a star player.
    "My cow is dead, I don't need your bull"

  12. #477
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    20,536
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I'm only talking about LBJ. I'm 100% confident that if he wanted he can pace himself/game manage an entire season then kick it into another gear play-offs time. Probably not at an all-time elite level that he has shown in the past but all star level. What I'm not too confident in is LBJ willingness to pace himself and not dominate regular season games.

    As for getting a 3rd star, I don't see that happening. How? The only players we can freely trade are KCP & Kuzma, and we can trade our 1st but only after drafting a player. (Same way we did last season when we traded our 1st for DS). After that we can only S/T players but then the player would have to want to go to a certain destination and that team would have to have a player we could use. Don't expect any team trading us a star player.
    i 100 % agree with everything you just said. I to wonít hold my breath for them to get a 3rd star they are over the cap. But itís something that should be on the top of the list. Like Kobe some star players would rather retire if they are unable to play at a star level And accept less $$. Dirk and Duncan did Lebron might be different to being that he wants to play with his son and may stick around 40+. Not sure he was trying but he sure look like he a pacing himself in game 5 lol 😂. He may not have a choice.
    Last edited by ldawg; 06-03-2021 at 10:26 AM.

  13. #478
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    Ehh, Phil was great at managing egos but not a great Xs and Os guy. He was out coached multiple times in the playoffs and was bailed out by having the best players in the game. I've always considered Phil a great manager more than a great basketball coach.
    PJ is the GOAT period. He destroyed everyone's fav teams and coaches (like Popovich) on the way to unprecedented heights. Great manager AND coach. Both are required in the pros.

  14. #479
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,115
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    Be careful what you say
    For real

  15. #480
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,312
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I think it's 1 or the other... IMO if LBJ plays at an MVP pace next season he won't stay healthy. But I also think that if LBJ were to pace himself for the next 2 seasons we will have a legitimate shot for titles then 2 seasons.

    **** And by pacing himself it won't be at an MVP level
    I agree with 75% of this.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •