Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,224
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    What's to the contrary? I tried to discuss things with you, it wasn't enough for you, I see no productive purpose in continuing.........far different from shown to be incorrect then just dropping the subject (especially given you only think you've shown me to be incorrect)

    What more do you expect to happen from continuing? I come here for entertainment purposes, this ain't my job.
    It appears to me that you come here to throw out non-committal statements, react with an odd mixture of surprise and dismissal that anyone could possibly disagree with you, then ignore most of it, declare it all pointless when you do bandage to acknowledge any of it, and scurry away to the next one.

    I have shown you to be incorrect. Repeatedly. Now go run away.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,572
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    It appears to me that you come here to throw out non-committal statements, react with an odd mixture of surprise and dismissal that anyone could possibly disagree with you, then ignore most of it, declare it all pointless when you do bandage to acknowledge any of it, and scurry away to the next one.

    I have shown you to be incorrect. Repeatedly. Now go run away.
    And you are WHO to be talking to anyone like this is your realm or something?
    I've not run away, I'm not running away, I'm so disengaged at this point I don't even remember what you're yammering about. You think you've proved me wrong. You claim I've not cried uncle, I guess, not even sure.

    Agree to disagree and move on, that's all I'm doing.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,224
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    And you are WHO to be talking to anyone like this is your realm or something?
    I've not run away, I'm not running away, I'm so disengaged at this point I don't even remember what you're yammering about. You think you've proved me wrong. You claim I've not cried uncle, I guess, not even sure.

    Agree to disagree and move on, that's all I'm doing.
    I mean, I haven't claimed anywhere that "this is my realm," but if you really want to know I'm a large part of why this particular forum exists in the first place.

    I also don't make a habit out of "agreeing" to let people make up their own facts, as you've tried to do here.


    "The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it." - @LOLGOP

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,572
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    I mean, I haven't claimed anywhere that "this is my realm," but if you really want to know I'm a large part of why this particular forum exists in the first place.
    true or not....good for you, but so?

    I also don't make a habit out of "agreeing" to let people make up their own facts, as you've tried to do here.
    And I don't make a habit of allowing people to tell me I'm wrong when I don't believe I was, so once again...the productive purpose of continuing this line of discussion is virtually nil.

    I'm not claiming to be infallible by any stretch. I simply feel you read some things that weren't there and took them places I didn't intend whatsoever. You disagree, we don't need to become enemies over it, life goes on.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,224
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    true or not....good for you, but so?



    And I don't make a habit of allowing people to tell me I'm wrong when I don't believe I was, so once again...the productive purpose of continuing this line of discussion is virtually nil.

    I'm not claiming to be infallible by any stretch. I simply feel you read some things that weren't there and took them places I didn't intend whatsoever. You disagree, we don't need to become enemies over it, life goes on.
    It doesn't matter what you believe. A child can, demonstrably, pray on their own time in school. This is not a matter of opinion, however much you may try to treat it as such.

    Good luck hiding behind your bad arguments.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    17,572
    Quote Originally Posted by natepro View Post
    It doesn't matter what you believe. A child can, demonstrably, pray on their own time in school. This is not a matter of opinion, however much you may try to treat it as such.

    Good luck hiding behind your bad arguments.
    I never SAID a child couldn't pray in school in general. I stated the FACT that I had a niece suspended for doing that. Wrongly? Of course, still happened. It wasn't even an argument, but a statement.

    I'm done here. Think what you want about what I said, think what you want about who I am, think what you want about whether or not I continue this ridiculousness.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,224
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I never SAID a child couldn't pray in school in general. I stated the FACT that I had a niece suspended for doing that. Wrongly? Of course, still happened. It wasn't even an argument, but a statement.

    I'm done here. Think what you want about what I said, think what you want about who I am, think what you want about whether or not I continue this ridiculousness.
    Lying is such a weird choice when the things you've said are still here for people to read.

    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    However, if you think that true, would you not be forcing me to believe as you believe if you make YOUR non-religious belief part of our government? Prayer in schools- I'm not forcing your kids to pray, but you're forcing mine NOT to, yes?


    "The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it." - @LOLGOP

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,224
    I mean, we can also talk about this one, though...

    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    re abortion- my point being, if I express an anti-abortion view I am FAR more likely to be chastised by a pro-choice advocate than a pro-choice advocate is to be chastised by someone with an anti-abortion view....FAR more
    I run a pro-choice group on Facebook. I've had pages made about me, about my kid and my partner, I've had people tell me directly that I'm a murderer, or that I only support abortion rights so I can get a bunch of women pregnant and then take no responsibility for it.

    Or we can talk about the things women are called by protestors for merely going to a Planned Parenthood, whether they're there for a cancer screening or to pick up birth control or to have an abortion - it's not like they know or care why they're there, of course.

    Or we can talk about the number of clinics that are vandalized each year, or the clinic workers that are harassed, or attacked, or even killed. Or the people so happy that they've killed people at a clinic that they think they'll be thanked by aborted fetuses in Heaven.

    But yeah, whew. That being chastised must really be rough.

    Pointless to talk about though, of course.


    "The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it." - @LOLGOP

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    42,958
    I have to wonder if there were other circumstances that lead to the suspension. Even though you have a right to pray in school, you cannot pray wherever and whenever you want. A Muslim cannot pull out a prayer rug and start praying in the middle of a test anymore than a Christian can hit their knees and start praying.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •