Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Also NBA free agency is one of the most exciting things in sports. Itís wild, and we all love it.
    NBA trade deadline probably brings the most traffic to twitter.

I go both ways. As a fan of a smaller market who knows his team's only shot at a contender is to somehow land a stud in the draft. The bucks got giannis. The bucks got giannis to stay because they drafted him. But giannis isn't getting drafted by New York then leaving to come to Milwuakee and I know that. So seeing franchises like LAL and Brooklyn basically luck into supwr teams because they are an attractive market for stars to team up at is frustrating.

But on the flipside, I'm not sure how excited I'd be to see Utah or Phoenix in the finals though either. For one year, it might be fun as a change of pace. But om the other hand, if I'm just a basketball fan and my team was eliminated and I just wanted to be entertained, LeBron and AD vs KD, Kyrie and Harden is much more appealing than something like Mitchell and Gobert vs Trae Young and Bogdan Bogdanovic.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    We gotta give the GOAT ring to Dirk then no?
    That's fair, followed closely by Chauncey and Rip dismantling the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    Got to give credit to Rasheed and Ben for that too. It was amazing.

Agreed, that was also impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blame the newest CBA.

I don't rag on players for not winning rings. But I do see rings as weaker if a team was stacked compared to the competition. It's only fair.
    Durant's rings were pretty weak. Most of those Celtic and Laker rings were pretty weak. LeBron's ring in Cleveland was stronger than any ring Jordan ever won. Detroit rings were pretty strong. The Spurs' rings were moderately impressive.
    One of the dumbest comments ever,So Pippen Cartwright Armstrong Grant and The Goat were a super team? Really ??
    SMH

Quote Originally Posted by bledrules View Post
    One of the dumbest comments ever,So Pippen Cartwright Armstrong Grant and The Goat were a super team? Really ??
    SMH
    Yes, the 90s bulls were a super team for that era. Absolutely.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    You also can't team up and then try and claim the glory for yourself as if "you did this". No, a team full of All-Stars did it. Cheating and colluding did it. Jumping on a bandwagon did it.
    Cheating?

I don't rag on players for not winning rings. But I do see rings as weaker if a team was stacked compared to the competition. It's only fair.
    Durant's rings were pretty weak. Most of those Celtic and Laker rings were pretty weak. LeBron's ring in Cleveland was stronger than any ring Jordan ever won. Detroit rings were pretty strong. The Spurs' rings were moderately impressive.
    LeBron formed a super-team in Miami to make sure he won rings. People didn't like that. But when he went to Cleveland with a lot less support around him (and ended that city's sports title drought), it was a heart warming story. James was hated for his first two titles but not his third. It's usually the other way around (like with Michael Jordan and Tom Brady).

If they leave during FA, it's fine by me. If they demand a trade, I'm not a fan.

I personally believe most want these players to try winning a championship with the team that drafted them then winning somewhere else. Thatís how I look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Yes, the 90s bulls were a super team for that era. Absolutely.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    A Superteam is when guys join together who were stars to dominate the league. A Superteam isn't something where guys develop together and become good and then dominate the era.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    I personally believe most want these players to try winning a championship with the team that drafted them then winning somewhere else. Thatís how I look at it.
    They have no control wgere they get drafted. That's like asking them to be happy deapite having no freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    A Superteam is when guys join together who were stars to dominate the league. A Superteam isn't something where guys develop together and become good and then dominate the era.
    Thatís why I donít consider the Warriors pre-KD a super team. That team was drafted by the Warriors and was put together organically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast