Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    I thought eras didnt matter? Now they do?
    They dont, because Super Teams have always existed. Most younger guys just dont know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    I love this "It's not even remotely possible" BS.

Both 3-peat teams were super teams because they won 3 in a row. They also were superteams because they drafted and developed their players, and Jordan made sure everyone knew their role and did their job. They weren't out their acquiring all-stars via FA or acquiring All-Stars who forced their teams hand to trade them to the Bulls.
    Especially when he is the same guy who told me eras did not matter.

The 55 win Bulls were a super team, but the 60 win Hawks were not.

It all has to fit the Lebron is the GOAT narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    They dont, because Super Teams have always existed. Most younger guys just dont know it.
    So you just contradicted him, thanks.

Oh so only when it fits the narrative. Gotcha.
    What are you talking about? Lol.

Super teams exist in every era. Just because things change from era to era. How they're constructed , etc, doesn't change that.

It's all relative to the era.

The 3rd leading scorer in 95 is as effective of a scorer relatively speaking to the 3rd leading scorer in 2021.

And he didn't contradict me. You're saying the Bulls weren't a super team..they absolutely were.

The way a team was formed doesn't change whether or not they're a super team. The league is not the same then as is it now in that sense. That is what I was referring to.

Just because they don't have that third star doesn't mean they weren't a super team.

People consider the Lakers a super team with LBJ/AD...2 stars. The Bulls were a super team with MJ/Pip pre Rodman

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by blams; 06-14-2021 at 02:11 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

How do the Celtics and Lakers win 17 championships with out ever having super teams? take a look back you guys would all see at least a few teams from each side that could be considered "super" Heres just a few examples.

Chamberlain, West, Baylor, Goodrich 1972
    Magic/Worthy/Kareem 1984
    Bird/Mchale/Parish/Archibald 1981
    Bird/Mchale/Parish/Johnson 1984 & 86

Thats just a few examples of super teams existing prior to the ones we seen in more recent times with the KG/Pierece/Allen/Rondo - Wade/Lebron/Bosh/Allen - Curry, Durant, Thompson, Green - Durant/Harden/Irving. People only remember what happends in their era. Super teams have always been around these are just examples of only two teams but there's plenty of them if you care to look back.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 06-14-2021 at 02:14 PM.

So you just contradicted him, thanks.
    A contradiction would be if I said something, and then followed up with a statement that is exactly opposite. If I say something that goes against another posters beliefs that would simply be a difference of opinion.

You're welcome. Im glad I can help. lol

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Rodman...

MJ/Pippen/Rodman were a big 3. Any one who doesn't think so doesn't know Rodman's game as an all time great rebounder and defender. One of the best to ever do it.
    I get the Rodman addition for the 2nd 3-Peat, even though he was 34 at that point. But what about the 1st 3-Peat makes them a Super Team?

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    No one said they're superstars but when you win 55 games without the GOAT, you're 100 percent a super team.

It's not even a remote possibly they weren't.

The league was NOT the same then as it is now. So yes, Kukoc, Harper, Armstrong, Grant, Kerr are all very very strong supporting players.

Don't point out how many ppg they had...that isn't relevant lol.

It's all relative to the era. In that era, they were a super team.

Steve Kerr deserves 0 verys. He never played more than 24 mins a night on any team. Toni, Harper, even Armstrong were strong support players. When you start saying things like Steve Kerr was very very good you sound foolish
    Last edited by ewing; 06-14-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I get the Rodman addition for the 2nd 3-Peat, even though he was 34 at that point. But what about the 1st 3-Peat makes them a Super Team?
    Having 2 all time superstars surrounded by Armstrong/Grant/Paxson etc etc etc , with the greatest coach ever is absolutely a super team.

Click here to register!

What are you talking about? Lol.

Super teams exist in every era. Just because things change from era to era. How they're constructed , etc, doesn't change that.

It's all relative to the era.

The 3rd leading scorer in 95 is as effective of a scorer relatively speaking to the 3rd leading scorer in 2021.

And he didn't contradict me. You're saying the Bulls weren't a super team..they absolutely were.

The way a team was formed doesn't change whether or not they're a super team. The league is not the same then as is it now in that sense. That is what I was referring to.

Just because they don't have that third star doesn't mean they weren't a super team.

People consider the Lakers a super team with LBJ/AD...2 stars. The Bulls were a super team with MJ/Pip pre Rodman

Depends on how one defines super team. You could make the case any championship team is a super team. And how they were formed 100% does matter in context for certain arguments.

The 91-93 Bulls teams were super teams formed through the draft and development.

96-98 Bulls were still mostly draft and development, but added Rodman via Trade.

The 2009 Celtics were a super team formed through the draft and trades.

The 2012 Heat Super team was formed through FA.

The 2014 Spurs/15-16 Warriors were formed through drafting and development.

These are all super teams. Some were formed differently than others, and many people might respect the ones created via Drafting and Player Development in higher regard than ones formed via Free Agency or players forcing their way out of their current clubs. Probably just depends which team you're a fan of.

Craig Hodges

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Steve Kerr deserves 0 verys. He never played more then 24 mins a night on any team. Toni, Harper, even Armstrong were strong support players. When you start saying things like Steve Kerr was very very good you sound foolish
    It isn't foolish, for what he was he was very good. A spot up 3 pt shooter. 24 minutes is 6 short of starters minutes lol

One of the best 3 pt shooters ever, those were an incredibly valuable 8 mpg

Click here to register!

Having 2 all time superstars surrounded by Armstrong/Grant/Paxson etc etc etc , with the greatest coach ever is absolutely a super team.

Was Phil the greatest coach ever when he joined the bulls or left the Lakers?

And Armstrong, Grant, Paxson. Don't need to say another word. Which one of those 3 should we compare the third best player of most other "super teams."

It isn't foolish, for what he was he was very good. A spot up 3 pt shooter. 24 minutes is 6 short of starters minutes lol

Steve Kerr was a scrub.

He averaged 2.4 attempts per game while with the Bulls. I'll repeat, 2.4 ATTEMPTS per game, that's just over 1 attempt per half of basketball. Game changer.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast