Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    NBA trade deadline probably brings the most traffic to twitter.
    yes that too. More exciting that the playoffs sometimes lol

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    A Superteam is when guys join together who were stars to dominate the league. A Superteam isn't something where guys develop together and become good and then dominate the era.
    It can be a mix of both too. Like the bulls already had Jordan & Pippen but attaining a monster rebounder and defender in Rodman would be considered a big three and thus a super team.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    It can be a mix of both too. Like the bulls already had Jordan & Pippen but attaining a monster rebounder and defender in Rodman would be considered a big three and thus a super team.
    Wasn't Rodman simply replacing Horace Grant (who went to the Orlando Magic) as a defender/rebounder guy?

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    Wasn't Rodman simply replacing Horace Grant (who went to the Orlando Magic) as a defender/rebounder guy?
    Yup, also no one really wanted Rodman by the time he got to the Bulls. His act was wearing really thin by the time he left the Spurs. The Bulls were taking a chance bringing him in because of the effect he could have had on their locker room. That was the thinking at the time anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheating?
    Not in the literal sense. Skipping the hard work of doing it with a "good team" and needing a "great team". KD in OKC had a very good team, but that wasn't enough.

Can't have your cake and eat it too. He gets no individual glory for those titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Yup, also no one really wanted Rodman by the time he got to the Bulls. His act was wearing really thin by the time he left the Spurs. The Bulls were taking a chance bringing him in because of the effect he could have had on their locker room. That was the thinking at the time anyways.

I mean they had 3 hall of famers on the same team for 3 of those titles. Rodman was a pain in the *** but he was still a good player when he wanted to be. It's not like he was a scrub that the Bulls built into an elite player. He led the league in rebounding 4 straight years before joining the Bulls. It was his personality that was the problem, not ability.

Thats what I think is dumb about some of the super teams talk. Who cares if "it was done the right way" or not. Signing these guys in FA is perfectly legal. Trading for these guys is perfectly legal. No matter how you do it, it kind of sucks when 3 HOF type talents are together and thats absolutely a super team in my mind.

It's why I always laugh when players say "I just wanna win". Then why does nobody go to Utah? All the Jazz do is win and that's without ever getting a guy to sign in free agency and guys leaving early. It's about good weather and night life.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    It's why I always laugh when players say "I just wanna win". Then why does nobody go to Utah? All the Jazz do is win and that's without ever getting a guy to sign in free agency and guys leaving early. It's about good weather and night life.
    I love when they prioritize winning over all else but then see some of their good running mates go because their team canít afford them anymore after paying that guy the max. Not saying they should take the minimum or anything but jeez, just admit that money is the only priority and hopefully they can afford some winning pieces to help win.

I remember Rodman was dumped by the Spurs. Spurs just wanted him gone and teams where not just interested. No one really wanted Rodman but it was not because of basketball reasons. Rodman was on the best team record wise the year before. He made all NBA defensive 1st team and was at 17 rebounds a game. Back then scoring was all that really mattered when grading a players talent level. These type of players are well more respected now a days.

yes but the talent is undeniable. Rodman was one of the best rebounders and defenders in the league. He had a rep for being a head case sure, but Phill and Mike believed they could make it work and they did. Honestly a team with Jordan, Pippen, & Rodman has to be considered a super team based on talent alone. You can line them up against any big 3 of any era.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    I remember Rodman was dumped by the Spurs. Spurs just wanted him gone and teams where not just interested. No one really wanted Rodman but it was not because of basketball reasons. Rodman was on the best team record wise the year before. He made all NBA defensive 1st team and was at 17 rebounds a game. Back then scoring was all that really mattered when grading a players talent level. These type of players are well more respected now a days.
    But when talking super teams were talking about talent, and the results were that they won ships with Rodman so it doesn't matter if his stint with the Spurs didn't go well, or that other teams were cautious about him being a head case. The results were that the Bulls made it work with Rodman and they won with him. To make a case that he was a head case doesn't take away from what they were able to accomplish. Proof is in the pudding. Rodman was a key piece for them.

Critisism of forming super-teams

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    But when talking super teams were talking about talent, and the results were that they won ships with Rodman so it doesn't matter if his stint with the Spurs didn't go well, or that other teams were cautious about him being a head case. The results were that the Bulls made it work with Rodman and they won with him. To make a case that he was a head case doesn't take away from what they were able to accomplish. Proof is in the pudding. Rodman was a key piece for them.

In 95-96 playoffs he averaged 33 mins 7 PPG and 13 rebounds

96-97 28 mins 4ppg and 8 rebounds

97-98 33 mins 5 PPG and 11 rebounds

He was definitely a key player and defender. they definitely won with him. The superness of the Bulls is still often overstated imo.

Last edited by ewing; 06-11-2021 at 04:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Itís great if you live in a big market like LA or NY. If you live in Cleveland itís not that great. As a Mavs fan I REALLY wanted Giannis to come to Dallas to play with Luka however I loved seeing him stay in Milwaukee. It takes all the competitiveness out of the game when you have multiple future hall of famers teaming up (unless itís done organically). I prefer to see players stay with the city that drafted them, as long as that team is making every effort to win. Think about Hakeem building a legacy in Houston, Stockton/Malone in Utah, David Robinson then Duncan in San Antonio, or Dirk on Dallas. When the majority of the cities in the league can build a fan base around a player for their team, thatís more beneficial to the NBA than having a bunch of hall of famers in their prime colluding to join up in NY or LA.

Hakeem asked out tho. Duncan would've left if doc had allowed him to bring his wife on road flights.

What's your definition of beneficial cuz I think ratings go up in the teaming up in big markets aspect but yeah in terms of quality of play, definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by bledrules View Post
    One of the dumbest comments ever,So Pippen Cartwright Armstrong Grant and The Goat were a super team? Really ??
    SMH
    Yeah, they won friggin 55 games without the goat. WTF else would you call that? That second 3-peat there were 3 first ballot hall of Fame players and arguably the best defenders at their positions of all time. Then you had a shooter, former 20ppg player at PG. Yeah Jordan had AMAZING teams.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Yeah, they won friggin 55 games without the goat. WTF else would you call that? That second 3-peat there were 3 first ballot hall of Fame players and arguably the best defenders at their positions of all time. Then you had a shooter, former 20ppg player at PG. Yeah Jordan had AMAZING teams.
    Iirc that was without Horace Grant as well lol

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast