Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Western Conference Quarterfinals: Phoenix Suns @ Los Angeles Lakers - Game 4

Western Conference Quarterfinals: Phoenix Suns @ Los Angeles Lakers- Game 4

Lakers Lead Series 2 - 1 (Best of 7 series)

@

May 30, 2021. 12:30PM PST. TV: ABC. Los Angeles, CA. Staples Center.

Let's keep this going in the right direction

Go Lakers!

Lakers' Anthony Davis, questionable with knee sprain, says 'no chance' he sits out Game 4

Despite the team listing him as questionable with a left knee sprain, Los Angeles Lakers star Anthony Davis says there is "no chance" he sits out Sunday's Game 4 with L.A. looking to take a commanding 3-1 lead in its first-round series with the Phoenix Suns.

"There's no chance that I don't play tomorrow," Davis said after practice Saturday. "As a player, I've wanted to be in this moment. You want to be in the playoffs and help contribute to my team's success. I want to be out there. So in my eyes, for me as a competitor, I think I'll be out there [Sunday]."

Davis landed awkwardly and hyperextended his left knee after executing a chase-down block on the Suns' Devin Booker in the first half of the Lakers' 109-95 Game 3 victory Thursday.

He pushed through the discomfort and stayed in the game, finishing with 34 points and 11 rebounds in 40 minutes.

The nine-year veteran said the injury did not require an MRI, but he has been experiencing swelling in the knee, and has been wearing a compression sleeve as part of his treatment.

When asked if he would wear a more substantial brace for Game 4, Davis doubted it would be necessary.

"I haven't mentioned or talked about a brace," he said. "But if that's going to help, then I don't mind going back to the 1970s brace."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ce-sits-game-4

Lakers coach Frank Vogel said that Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, who hurt his left knee and quad area in Game 3 and was unable to finish the game, is also listed as questionable.

"Both will be listed as questionable dealing with some soreness," Vogel said. "But we're hopeful that they both play."

Davis stressed the importance of Game 4 for the Lakers, who have won the past two games after losing the first, in order to keep the momentum.

"It's going to be probably the biggest game of the series, I think, besides if Game 7 happens," he said. "We're going in, want to protect home court ... We know they're going to come out and play desperate, in a sense."

Man... game 4 is such a critical part of the series. Not sure if I'd want KCP to sit this one out. That'd mean WES/THT guards Booker. Maybe BMac, too.

I like Wes on D but he's built to guard bigger wings. KCP has better lateral movement for quicker SGs/PGs.

Kyle Goon@kylegoon8h
    Wesley Matthews said Frank Vogel challenged the Lakers' bench to be more lively and supportive, leading to those Game 3 scenes: "That's when we're at our best, when everybody is pulling for everybody. There's fun, there's joy. ... That energy is infectious, contagious."

Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    Lakers coach Frank Vogel said that Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, who hurt his left knee and quad area in Game 3 and was unable to finish the game, is also listed as questionable.

"Both will be listed as questionable dealing with some soreness," Vogel said. "But we're hopeful that they both play."

Davis stressed the importance of Game 4 for the Lakers, who have won the past two games after losing the first, in order to keep the momentum.

"It's going to be probably the biggest game of the series, I think, besides if Game 7 happens," he said. "We're going in, want to protect home court ... We know they're going to come out and play desperate, in a sense."

Dave McMenamin@mcten7h
    Anthony Davis has a left knee sprain, per Frank Vogel and is questionable for Game 4. KCP is also listed as questionable.

IMO, our guys need to come out guns blazing in G4. Gotta annihilate these mofos early in the first half so AD/KCP can both sit it out in the second. We go up by at least 15 in the 3rd, let Trez/Wes finish them off.

Absolute worst case, Lakers in 6.

This season I've never seen us having a good start of an early sunday game, even AD mentioned it after game 3, saying this is not the normal routine for them and they might still be asleep...

I really want it to change today, wake the F up, this is the playoffs, go for the throat, mamba mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    This season I've never seen us having a good start of an early sunday game, even AD mentioned it after game 3, saying this is not the normal routine for them and they might still be asleep...

I really want it to change today, wake the F up, this is the playoffs, go for the throat, mamba mentality.
    No slow starts

Pedal to the metal from the start

Send a message

Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    No slow starts

Pedal to the metal from the start

Send a message
    We're yet to do it on an early sunday game...hopefully this is the game we decide to do it.

We're yet to do it on an early sunday game...hopefully this is the game we decide to do it.
    I'll see a 3-1 Lakers lead as soon as I wake up. Heehee

Go LAKERS

Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    I'll see a 3-1 Lakers lead as soon as I wake up. Heehee
    Why would you sleep from 12:30 PM to 03:00 PM if you live in LA?

Why would you sleep from 12:30 PM to 03:00 PM if you live in LA?
    Maybe he works overnight? My guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast