Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Draft

2021 Draft

Kings pick 9th.

I think they'll trade the pick if they stay at 9.

Lottery on 6/22.

If we stay at 9, my favorite options right now are Barnes, Sengun, and Jalen Johnson. Iíll probably change my mind 100 times before the draft though.

It all depends what we get in a trade but I think the Kings need the cheap salary and hope of a incoming draft pick.

I think right now at the 9/10 area I would be looking

1-Jaylen Johnson
    2-Scottie Barnes
    3-Moses Moody
    4-Damian Mitchell
    5-Kai Jones
    6-James Bouknight

Had to redo it as I forgot Moses Moody.

I am not real high on Kai Jones but he fits a need, fits our system, and has potential.
    Last edited by Plague; 05-30-2021 at 03:29 PM.

Kings officially pick 9th.

I think my 2 favorite options are Mitchell/Wagner. Though I'd prefer to trade pick for an established player. Maybe Myles Turner.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Kings officially pick 9th.

I think my 2 favorite options are Mitchell/Wagner. Though I'd prefer to trade pick for an established player. Maybe Myles Turner.
    Iím not big on Mitchell at #9. I am really high on Wagner though. Wagner or Scottie Barnes are my picks. I wouldnít be shocked if Kuminga drops either, heíd definitely be worth taking a chance on.

I would like to see us take a player like basset- projected late first and Jt Thor - projected late second. There could be a future steal/star but would need a good year to develop. He seems like a raw Giannis type player.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    I would like to see us take a player like basset- projected late first and Jt Thor - projected late second. There could be a future steal/star but would need a good year to develop. He seems like a raw Giannis type player.
    Iíd be cool with Thor. Iíve heard heís a draft riser though. I really like Jeremiah Robinson Earl in the second if heís there. Heíll be a solid role player. I also like Trey Murphy if he slips that far.
    Last edited by Agent008; 06-28-2021 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    Iíd be cool with Thor. Iíve heard heís a draft riser though. I really like Jeremiah Robinson Earl in the second if heís there. Heíll be a solid role player. I also like Trey Murphy if he slips that far.
    Iím over role players, lol. We need to take some swings at high ceiling players like Thor. If we end up trading with Philly we could try and throw in 39 to get back 28. I feel like thereís going to be some hidden talent go around there. We could even take Thor at 28 for what itís worth. Canít imagine him rising much higher than that.
    Last edited by FarOutIos; 06-28-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Anyone up for trading up for Mobley?

It would require Haliburton + 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    It would require Haliburton + 9th.
    I wouldnít say require. Iím sure it could happen without Halliburton included.

I just donít see the motivation for the teams picking at the top. I think more likely than Halliburton would be a three way trade that gives them Simmons. But even that trade doesnít seem like a perfect fit for the other teams.

Iíve seen reports saying the Rockets and Cavs may be willing to trade out. But like Giants said, probably requires Hali being involved - unless we totally mortgage away our future picks.

I wouldnt trade Haliburton to move up to grab Mobley.

Haliburton in his first season looks like he will be a future all star. Mobley is still just potential.

If we are assuming we can get Simmons without hali involved, not sure why Simmons canít be sent off in a threee way instead for Mobley. Thereís plenty of options. I donít think itís limited to Hali being included by any means. It just takes desire and effort to figure out a good deal. We claim to have the desire.

I hate when I hear we are looking for a NBA ready draft pick. Thats what we did with Willie Cauley Stein. You sign free agents for NBA ready, you draft rookie for their future ability.

Looks like people are picking us to take Wagner. I am not excited about taking Wagner, the problem is I am not in love with anyone.

I find Josh Giddy to be the more exciting pick. He seems like he has the highest upside. He is young and can play 3 positions, and he claims his poor shooting numbers this year are misleading as he started off horrible in a 28 game season.

Jaylen Johnson- He seems to be the likely most talented player when we pick but I worry about his work ethics.

Moses Moody- Might be the best player at 9 but he goes right into the log jam we have.

Alperin Senguin- He is shooting up boards and plays a position of need, but it seems like he will be too slow for what we do as a team.

Devon Mitchell- He in my opinion is only going to work if he is a PG and he is unlikely to work well with Fox.

If we get the 22nd pick from the Lakers I would be looking for Na'shan Hyland. He is a little undersized but would basically be a younger and inexperienced Buddy Hield.
    Last edited by Plague; 07-27-2021 at 10:42 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast