Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I did. With facts. You do what you always do: ignore them, make fun of others and then cry about being a victim. Now tell me again how we canít use statistics to determine what is likely to occur in the future.
    way to shift the posts. "Likely" is what we are using now. Not what would happen, not likely to happen.
    You love that playbook. Ditch it before you start practicing.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    way to shift the posts. "Likely" is what we are using now. Not what would happen, not likely to happen.
    I like how you keep doing this and think it's cute, but it's really just tiresome. You look for assumptions that someone makes and expect them to be claiming it as though it's a fact. Then when they state the assumption or belief slightly differently say they are shifting their posts. You did it when I said that if the government intervened in some of those suicides that they would have been able to prevent a few of them. I estimated a number (you know there's absolutely no way for me to say with 100% certainty how effective that intervention would be) and you try to pounce on a slightly different way I worded it when responding to you like you think that means you won an argument. You're getting into the same league as another poster on this site whose comments I don't ever respond to because he's as inane as you're getting.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I like how you keep doing this and think it's cute, but it's really just tiresome. You look for assumptions that someone makes and expect them to be claiming it as though it's a fact. Then when they state the assumption or belief slightly differently say they are shifting their posts. You did it when I said that if the government intervened in some of those suicides that they would have been able to prevent a few of them. I estimated a number (you know there's absolutely no way for me to say with 100% certainty how effective that intervention would be) and you try to pounce on a slightly different way I worded it when responding to you like you think that means you won an argument. You're getting into the same league as another poster on this site whose comments I don't ever respond to because he's as inane as you're getting.
    Tiresome is you all and your group think playbook. It's not about being cute at all.

You need to be consistent. You repeatedly say something definitive and when shown how that is wrong you change your story to that's not what I meant or anything else minus an admission that you were wrong.

You: "All left leaning folks are error free"
    Me: "What about this example?"
    You: "Why are you picking on the word 'All?' Clearly it means 'some'."

You have it out for the conservatives. It's all you post. It's all you slant to. And you don't care if you do it legitimately or not. Why can you not admit to what you advertise non-stop?

Iím not shifting anything. You are not using likely, youíre saying thereís no way to know likely because it didnít happen.

You claim I love that playbook, but at least Iíve read a book.

Iím not shifting anything. You are not using likely, youíre saying thereís no way to know likely because it didnít happen.

It's not even worth responding to him. He's gone beyond the other person.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Ah attacking. Good good. the playbook is what you have. Again ditch it before you start practicing

Ah attacking. Good good. the playbook is what you have. Again ditch it before you start practicing
    Where did you find the playbook? was it left on the bus or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

I tried facts and reason, and you dismissed them. Fortunately when I start practicing I will ditch conversations with people like you, because the law forces you to acknowledge fact patterns, even when you disagree with them. Something you never do.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He is easily the most intellectually dishonest poster here. At least everyone else sometimes acknowledges counter points and disagrees. He literally just waved a magic wand and says ďnoĒ anytime someone shows him a fact he doesnít like.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    if it was, the left would deny it's validity

I tried facts and reason, and you dismissed them. Fortunately when I start practicing I will ditch conversations with people like you, because the law forces you to acknowledge fact patterns, even when you disagree with them. Something you never do.
    The law takes facts. You presented none that was relative to the topic. Your case would be tossed so fast.

He is easily the most intellectually dishonest poster here. At least everyone else sometimes acknowledges counter points and disagrees. He literally just waved a magic wand and says ďnoĒ anytime someone shows him a fact he doesnít like.
    Learning what the word "fact" means will help you if you ever get to practice as well.

The law takes facts. You presented none that was relative to the topic. Your case would be tossed so fast.
    Learning what the word "fact" means will help you if you ever get to practice as well.
    Here's all the facts I posted:

We donít even need to look at other countries to know the truth, multiple studies have found that states with more guns experience higher homicide rates:

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/hicrc/f...uns-and-death/
    No I didnít, you just ignored what it said because it goes against your opinion. Directly from my link:

ďIn states where guns are prevalent, as in Wyoming, where 63% of households report owning guns, rates of suicide were higher. We also found the inverse to be true, where gun ownership was less prevalent, there were less suicides.

Research shows that whether attempters live or die depends in large part on the ready availability of highly lethal means, especially firearmsĒ

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/ma...s-and-suicide/

How you took that to mean there is no link is beyond me. I guess a case of head no evil, see no evil.
    Good for Wyoming (though undercutting your previous point about the link between guns and suicides, Wyoming has the highest suicide rate of any state):

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/s...ty/suicide.htm

But they are the exception, not the rule. Here are the top states by homicide rate with their firearm ownership rate in paranthesis:

1. Mississippi (7th)
    2. Louisiana (13th)
    3. Alabama (8th)
    4. New Mexico (25th)
    5. South Carolina (17th)
    6. Missouri (20th)
    7. Alaska (3rd)
    8. Maryland (42nd)
    9. Arkansas (6th)
    10. Tennessee (14th)

41. New Hampshire (36th)
    42. Minnesota (34th)
    43. Iowa (33rd)
    44. Utah (22nd)
    45. Rhode Island (48th)
    46. Hawaii (47th)
    47. Massachusetts (50th)
    48. Maine (23rd)
    49. Idaho (4th)
    50. Vermont (16th)

8 of the top 10 highest homicide rates have firearm ownership rates in the top 20. Conversely, 6 of the bottom 10 have firearm ownership rates in the bottom 20.

A few exceptions aside, the consistent trend is that states with lower gun ownership rates have less homicides and vice versa.
    Yes actually we do. Numerous studies have shown that the number of suicides increases and decreases based on the availability and number of guns in an area:

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-ne...cide-risk.html

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/ma...s-and-suicide/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK223849/

Which you have just blithely dismissed. Just as you always do.

Has anyone determined whether you can shoot at a rolling blackout to keep your power on? Because while Texas is working to make guns even more unnecessarily prevalent, theyíve done nothing to reform their power grid and now Texans are being asked to reduce consumption despite not changes at ERCOT.

Here's all the facts I posted:

Which you have just blithely dismissed. Just as you always do.
    "relative to the topic"...but hey.

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast