Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who wins this series?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Knicks in 4

0 0%
  • Knicks in 5

0 0%
  • Knicks in 6

1 25.00%
  • Knicks in 7

1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 4

0 0%
  • Hawks in 5

0 0%
  • Hawks in 6

1 25.00%
  • Hawks in 7

1 25.00%
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    And the Knicks probably wouldnít be a top 5 defense with Young instead of Randle. I didnít know what expect from Randleís post season. Iím not shocked he struggled. He did seem more comfortable reading the defense last game but still shot like ***. Iím also not shocked that Knicks got out shot by the Hawks so far. These things have nothing to do with your laughable bad take on Randleís impact this season though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    nahhhh they do. When competition scales up and teams are actually game planning before each game Randle gets exposed. It's one thing to drop a 40 piece on a random mid season Tuesday night game against dudes on defense just going through the motions. In an actual competitive context Randle just doesn't have the chops. He's a regular season merchant and by far the worst All NBA selection in a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by VCaintdead17 View Post
    nahhhh they do. When competition scales up and teams are actually game planning before each game Randle gets exposed. It's one thing to drop a 40 piece on a random mid season Tuesday night game against dudes on defense just going through the motions. In an actual competitive context Randle just doesn't have the chops. He's a regular season merchant and by far the worst All NBA selection in a long, long time.
    Itís a regular season award. You didnít address your own bad take defending it

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Being the #1 option in a playoff series is hard. Being the #1 option in the playoffs on a team that doesn't have great secondary scorers is harder. That doesn't absolve Randle is just adding a little perspective. Most players face an efficiency drop in the playoffs. Few get better. Some get way worse. I don't think Randle fits the profile of players that generally get way worse despite it happening this year. The playoffs are normally played at a slower pace and are more physical. Players that are mostly transition players, who struggle with physicality, and don't have a great one on one ability struggle the most. The Knicks were one of the slower teams in the league and Randle iso-ed more than anyone in the league. In short, Randle should be able to adjust to playoff pace.

The other thing that happens in the playoffs that is different than the regular season is teams game planning for you. I think this has affected Randle. The Hawks overloaded Randle's side and have his defender playing very tight on him while helpers wait on his drive. Randle has shot the ball really well this season but opponents were still generally giving him space b/c they respected the driving ability of a 6'9 250 lbs dude with a handle and explosion. He doesn't like being crowded. He also isn't great at reading late doubles. In short, his game does have some leaks and the Hawks have exposed them. He is also just not making shots. Call this regression to the mean or choking. Whatever it is that is 100% on Randle. He is still is a 3 level scorer with excellent one on one ability. If he can be a deep threat on decent volume moving forward I think he is an all-star caliber player. I think he has to play great and have the chips fall right to be an All-NBA caliber player. That is what happened this year.

Randle did a much better job reading the doubles last game and would of had double-digit assists with decent shooting from his teammates. He still shot like ***. A lof of them were tough shots but he just needs to make more of them. He missed his baseline fade at least 3 times. That's his shot. Is that choking? Maybe but it's his first time doing this and that happens. I don't think the crowd has anything to do with it. Thundersticks aren't stopping Julius. Hopefully, he makes more shots. The Knicks might actually go small tonight which would pull the extra defenders off Randle's side. I am not sure why we never told Gibson or Noel to just stand on the perimeter to force an illegal D but there are moves that might be made if Randle can't beat this D. Regardless, he is a good player hopefully he brings it tonight.

Short version: Randle has stunk so far these playoffs. I don't think that means he is a guy that can't perform in the playoffs and he will still be a good player after this season.

Randle (I've only seen him in these playoffs) just seems to take a LOT of tough shots. Bunches of contested fadeaway free throw line out jumpers. That's not a recipe for success IMO.

NBA Playoffs Series Thread Knicks (4) vs Hawks (5) Hawks lead 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Randle (I've only seen him in these playoffs) just seems to take a LOT of tough shots. Bunches of contested fadeaway free throw line out jumpers. That's not a recipe for success IMO.
    His shot profile is very difficult this post season. Atlanta has really taken away the drive with extra help and is pushing up on him on the perimeter. In past years he was a PrR finisher but Thibs doesnít use him that way. He is also good in transition which could lead to easier shots if they can get some pace. Even with the shot profile his % is too low. There are some ways to try and get easier looks but I think on this team he is going to have to make some tough shots

His shot profile is very difficult this post season. Atlanta has really taken away the drive with extra help and is pushing up on him on the perimeter. In past years he was a PrR finisher but Thibs doesnít use him that way. He is also good in transition which could lead to easier shots if they can get some pace. Even with the shot profile his % is too low. There are some ways to try and get easier looks but I think on this team he is going to have to make some tough shots

Yeah, the team is offensively challenged so that makes it even tougher. When you don't have a lot of scoring punch elsewhere they can load up on the best player.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Yeah, the team is offensively challenged so that makes it even tougher. When you don't have a lot of scoring punch elsewhere they can load up on the best player.
    I think he needs to shoot less and trust ball movement a little. Right now itís in his head. Guy is passing good shots to take bad ones, crashing into dudes, throwing elbows.

Ugly

Capela had a solid first half.

what a bummer that this series was such a dud. I wonder how much Randle cost himself this postseason.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    what a bummer that this series was such a dud. I wonder how much Randle cost himself this postseason.
    Seriously, his efficiency was down right horrid this series.

I really thought it would go 7 games.

Congrats to Nate for finally getting outta the 1st round again.

With no Embiid his team has a punchers chance.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Capela had a solid first half.
    He destroyed the Knicks tonight. Him and Colllin stoped everything the rim and made quick doubles on drivers to force turnovers all night.

What is next for NYK?

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    What is next for NYK?
    They are probably going to take some time off

They are probably going to take some time off