Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I'd much rather have someone be hired because he "knows someone", than someone hired because of their race.
    that’s the natural order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    that’s the natural order

Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think if you believe people would hire coaches because they’re black it’s entirely possible they were also hiring people because they were white.

The idea that no one has hired someone because they’re white but have because they’re black is frankly, idiotic.
    possible, but more unlikely. again the population make up likely had more to do with why they were hired as being white.
    what has the population percentage been, like 65-70%+ white, and something like 13% black.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    All the white people were hired due to their credentials. All the black people are hired to fill a quota. That's how a racist person thinks.
    except for the fact that I never said all. I literally said, "I didn't say it was every hire". paying attention isn't really common around here.

Former NFL assistant coach claims he wasn’t the right minority

Pretty much.
    Oh brother

Last edited by ewing; 05-26-2021 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    possible, but more unlikely. again the population make up likely had more to do with why they were hired as being white.
    what has the population percentage been, like 65-70%+ white, and something like 13% black.
    Actually this disproves your point, the population is 70% white but before the Rooney Rule NFL Head Coaches were 93% white. So if you're going by the population, white coaches were disproportionately hired.

I'd much rather have someone be hired because he "knows someone", than someone hired because of their race.
    If they are unqualified for the position I don't think it matters. They got a job they weren't supposed to have for a reason that shouldn't have been considered.

Because its the Rooney rule. You have to interview someone based on their skin color. I'm not on board with that.
    OK, but why do you think more black coaches got hired after the Rooney rule? The rule didn't say you had to hire them, only that you had to interview them. Yet the number of them who got hired went up. Why do you think that is?

OK, but why do you think more black coaches got hired after the Rooney rule? The rule didn't say you had to hire them, only that you had to interview them. Yet the number of them who got hired went up. Why do you think that is?
    That is because they interviewed them and the interview was better then the other candidates.

Its funny how the number of white people in the country is only used when it fits their narrative.
    Last edited by Nunuu; 05-26-2021 at 06:13 PM.

If they are unqualified for the position I don't think it matters. They got a job they weren't supposed to have for a reason that shouldn't have been considered.
    I agree and disagree with ya. Both are bad no doubt, but one is significantly worse in my view.

Ya it could've lead to more black coaches, but that doesn't matter to me so its pointless to care about. I don't think coaches need to be less white or more black. We just need the best ones. And hiring/interviewing based on skin tone isn't doing that.

Ya it could've lead to more black coaches, but that doesn't matter to me so its pointless to care about. I don't think coaches need to be less white or more black. We just need the best ones. And hiring/interviewing based on skin tone isn't doing that.
    It factually did. Why do you think that happened?

It factually did. Why do you think that happened?
    I'd argue that the Rooney rule has actually hurt the quality of black head coaches. Prior to Rooney there are two HOF black head coaches with Flores and Dungy. A case could be made for Dennis Green as well. After Rooney there is mike tomlin, who will be HOF and a bunch of garbage. So if the desired effect is to have more but less quality black head coaches, it's worked.

The same could be said for black QBs in the NFL. The warren moons and cunninghams had to break barriers but in doing so, they were also some of the best in the league. Now they are many more black QBs but for every mahomes, there are 5 or so that are complete garbage. I suppose thats equality though.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I'd argue that the Rooney rule has actually hurt the quality of black head coaches. Prior to Rooney there are two HOF black head coaches with Flores and Dungy. A case could be made for Dennis Green as well. After Rooney there is mike tomlin, who will be HOF and a bunch of garbage. So if the desired effect is to have more but less quality black head coaches, it's worked.

The same could be said for black QBs in the NFL. The warren moons and cunninghams had to break barriers but in doing so, they were also some of the best in the league. Now they are many more black QBs but for every mahomes, there are 5 or so that are complete garbage. I suppose thats equality though.
    The same can be said for any race of coaches or QBs, for every tom brady there are 5 ryan leafs.

For every Bill Belichick there are 5 adam gases

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post

Your obvious racist views aside, 2 black HOF head coaches in the 80 years before the Rooney rule compared to 1 in the 17 years since it was enacted actually proves the opposite of what you’re saying.

Heck, for every Mahomes there are 5 that are garbage? Same can be said for white QBs, but in addition to Mahomes, black QBs have Wilson, Watson, Jackson. There’s as many top black QBs as white ones right now.

So the idea that black coaches and QBs are somehow becoming inferior as more get the opportunity is wrong, like egregiously so. It only looks like there’s a lot more bad ones because theirs a lot more, good and bad.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast