Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 511
  1. #136
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,053
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I'd much rather have someone be hired because he "knows someone", than someone hired because of their race.
    that’s the natural order


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  2. #137
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    that’s the natural order


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty much.

  3. #138
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,760
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I think if you believe people would hire coaches because they’re black it’s entirely possible they were also hiring people because they were white.

    The idea that no one has hired someone because they’re white but have because they’re black is frankly, idiotic.
    possible, but more unlikely. again the population make up likely had more to do with why they were hired as being white.
    what has the population percentage been, like 65-70%+ white, and something like 13% black.

  4. #139
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,760
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    All the white people were hired due to their credentials. All the black people are hired to fill a quota. That's how a racist person thinks.
    except for the fact that I never said all. I literally said, "I didn't say it was every hire". paying attention isn't really common around here.

  5. #140
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    61,053

    Former NFL assistant coach claims he wasn’t the right minority

    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Pretty much.
    Oh brother


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 05-26-2021 at 05:45 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,180
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    possible, but more unlikely. again the population make up likely had more to do with why they were hired as being white.
    what has the population percentage been, like 65-70%+ white, and something like 13% black.
    Actually this disproves your point, the population is 70% white but before the Rooney Rule NFL Head Coaches were 93% white. So if you're going by the population, white coaches were disproportionately hired.

  7. #142
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,180
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    I'd much rather have someone be hired because he "knows someone", than someone hired because of their race.
    If they are unqualified for the position I don't think it matters. They got a job they weren't supposed to have for a reason that shouldn't have been considered.

  8. #143
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,180
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Because its the Rooney rule. You have to interview someone based on their skin color. I'm not on board with that.
    OK, but why do you think more black coaches got hired after the Rooney rule? The rule didn't say you had to hire them, only that you had to interview them. Yet the number of them who got hired went up. Why do you think that is?

  9. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    OK, but why do you think more black coaches got hired after the Rooney rule? The rule didn't say you had to hire them, only that you had to interview them. Yet the number of them who got hired went up. Why do you think that is?
    That is because they interviewed them and the interview was better then the other candidates.

    Its funny how the number of white people in the country is only used when it fits their narrative.
    Last edited by Nunuu; 05-26-2021 at 06:13 PM.

  10. #145
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If they are unqualified for the position I don't think it matters. They got a job they weren't supposed to have for a reason that shouldn't have been considered.
    I agree and disagree with ya. Both are bad no doubt, but one is significantly worse in my view.

  11. #146
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    OK, but why do you think more black coaches got hired after the Rooney rule? The rule didn't say you had to hire them, only that you had to interview them. Yet the number of them who got hired went up. Why do you think that is?
    Ya it could've lead to more black coaches, but that doesn't matter to me so its pointless to care about. I don't think coaches need to be less white or more black. We just need the best ones. And hiring/interviewing based on skin tone isn't doing that.

  12. #147
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,180
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Ya it could've lead to more black coaches, but that doesn't matter to me so its pointless to care about. I don't think coaches need to be less white or more black. We just need the best ones. And hiring/interviewing based on skin tone isn't doing that.
    It factually did. Why do you think that happened?

  13. #148
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,724
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It factually did. Why do you think that happened?
    I'd argue that the Rooney rule has actually hurt the quality of black head coaches. Prior to Rooney there are two HOF black head coaches with Flores and Dungy. A case could be made for Dennis Green as well. After Rooney there is mike tomlin, who will be HOF and a bunch of garbage. So if the desired effect is to have more but less quality black head coaches, it's worked.

    The same could be said for black QBs in the NFL. The warren moons and cunninghams had to break barriers but in doing so, they were also some of the best in the league. Now they are many more black QBs but for every mahomes, there are 5 or so that are complete garbage. I suppose thats equality though.

  14. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,230
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I'd argue that the Rooney rule has actually hurt the quality of black head coaches. Prior to Rooney there are two HOF black head coaches with Flores and Dungy. A case could be made for Dennis Green as well. After Rooney there is mike tomlin, who will be HOF and a bunch of garbage. So if the desired effect is to have more but less quality black head coaches, it's worked.

    The same could be said for black QBs in the NFL. The warren moons and cunninghams had to break barriers but in doing so, they were also some of the best in the league. Now they are many more black QBs but for every mahomes, there are 5 or so that are complete garbage. I suppose thats equality though.
    The same can be said for any race of coaches or QBs, for every tom brady there are 5 ryan leafs.

    For every Bill Belichick there are 5 adam gases

  15. #150
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    43,180
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I'd argue that the Rooney rule has actually hurt the quality of black head coaches. Prior to Rooney there are two HOF black head coaches with Flores and Dungy. A case could be made for Dennis Green as well. After Rooney there is mike tomlin, who will be HOF and a bunch of garbage. So if the desired effect is to have more but less quality black head coaches, it's worked.

    The same could be said for black QBs in the NFL. The warren moons and cunninghams had to break barriers but in doing so, they were also some of the best in the league. Now they are many more black QBs but for every mahomes, there are 5 or so that are complete garbage. I suppose thats equality though.
    Your obvious racist views aside, 2 black HOF head coaches in the 80 years before the Rooney rule compared to 1 in the 17 years since it was enacted actually proves the opposite of what you’re saying.

    Heck, for every Mahomes there are 5 that are garbage? Same can be said for white QBs, but in addition to Mahomes, black QBs have Wilson, Watson, Jackson. There’s as many top black QBs as white ones right now.

    So the idea that black coaches and QBs are somehow becoming inferior as more get the opportunity is wrong, like egregiously so. It only looks like there’s a lot more bad ones because theirs a lot more, good and bad.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •