Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well they shouldnít be giving jobs just because. If you truly want jobs to go to the most qualified, shouldnít you be as outraged that someone got an interview because they know someone as if they got an interview because of their race? In either case, they are not getting the interview on their merits.
    Yup.

Former NFL assistant coach claims he wasnít the right minority

Sometimes Iíve know Iím promoting someone and Iím required to interview people. I donít see a difference. If no one from these groups are getting these jobs it letís them get experience interviewing, letís them network, maybe leads hiring managers not automatically envisioning a single type of person for the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 05-23-2021 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    I mean it happens all the time so I donít really care who gets the job. I just think itís ridiculous we are making teams interview an minority just because before they hire someone. Seems ridiculous
    The only reason I think itís ridiculous is because it hasnít fixed the problem. As youíve said, thereís still too many instances of people getting a job because of who you know.

Itís not a HC position, but look at Tebow. There is a near zero chance he got his contract based on his merits and a high probability he got it because he was Urbanís QB at Florida.

The only reason I think itís ridiculous is because it hasnít fixed the problem. As youíve said, thereís still too many instances of people getting a job because of who you know.

Itís not a HC position, but look at Tebow. There is a near zero chance he got his contract based on his merits and a high probability he got it because he was Urbanís QB at Florida.
    Its like that all over the league, Tebow is just a more extrema example because he was out of football for about 8 years.

Arenít being likable and creating connections skills they make you more hirable. Who you know will effect your prospects. I think this is one of the reasons getting people interviews is a positive thing

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Arenít being likable and creating connections skills they make you more hirable. Who you know will effect your prospects. I think this is one of the reasons getting people interviews is a positive thing
    I agree those are skills and itís good for that reason. But theyíve had the rule for awhile and it hasnít translated to more jobs, so those skills havenít translated to jobs.

Former NFL assistant coach claims he wasnít the right minority

I agree those are skills and itís good for that reason. But theyíve had the rule for awhile and it hasnít translated to more jobs, so those skills havenít translated to jobs.
    I think there are more minorities coaching and in front offices now then there was in 2003. I saw an article that said their was the most minority coaches in 2017 and it gone down since then. evolution isnít linear. Iím not sure why it trended down for couple years and recognize that it could be chance. Idk. Over all I think the rule has worked.

Last edited by ewing; 05-23-2021 at 12:05 AM.

how many minority coaches were there 2003 and now? How many were there bt 1986 and 2003?

There are definitely more minorities coaching and in front offices now then there was in 2003. I saw an article that said their was the most minority coaches in 2017 and it gone down since then. evolution isnít linear. Iím not sure why it trended down for couple years and recognize that it could be chance. Idk. Over all I think the rule has worked.
    Iíd characterize it as the rule helped but it hasnít worked.

how many minority coaches were there 2003 and now? How many were there bt 1986 and 2003?
    It was 2 in 2003 and I believe 3 now, but there were as many as 8 and thereís been more most years since the rule change.

It was 2 in 2003 and I believe 3 now, but there were as many as 8 and thereís been more most years since the rule change.
    2 to 3 isnít much but it seems to have helped get a foot in the door and overall I think that has helped with access. Iíd also be shocked if there werenít stories of guys getting interviewed for a job they didnít get, impressing, and it helping them at a different job even if it wasnít a head job

2 to 3 isnít much but it seems to have helped get a foot in the door and overall I think that has helped with access. Iíd also be shocked if there werenít stories of guys getting interviewed for a job they didnít get, impressing, and it helping them at a different job even if it wasnít a head job
    Youíve convinced me, I agree itís been more effective and beneficial than I initially perceived.

I think there are more minorities coaching and in front offices now then there was in 2003. I saw an article that said their was the most minority coaches in 2017 and it gone down since then. evolution isnít linear. Iím not sure why it trended down for couple years and recognize that it could be chance. Idk. Over all I think the rule has worked.

I'm gonna guess (hope) that it's not really a trend so much as a few minority hires not working out and not necessarily immediately replaced by another minority hire. I mean, there's been a few minority HC hires that didn't- they and their staff would then be scrambling for new jobs and not all find a chair when the music stops.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Just to clarify, the assistant coach didnít say he wasnít the right minority, the interviewer said he wasnít the right minority, which is much worse.

In general, the NFL has a a problem with hiding minorities of any kind to GM or HC positions.
    here is an idea, their race whether it's black, white, Asian, whatever.. should not matter and have no impact whatsoever.

Because coaches and GMs are getting jobs not based solely on ability or accomplishments.
    are white coaches/ect getting hired only because they are white? that would be an issue worth addressing the race of others that are qualified, but if that isn't why they are getting hired then race of anyone is irrelevant.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast