Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Please explain this? Where did I ever use Asians to drag black people through the mud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Please show me where I mentioned you.

Former NFL assistant coach claims he wasnít the right minority

I saw this on Twitter (sports center tweeted it out) and thought it would be interesting to see how many people here agree with NFL policy about interviewing so many minorities etc

Thought it would be a good topic to discuss

Thatís the part of the story I did not get. I know the NFL has a policy where they have to interview minorities. I also thought it sounded like the Asian guy counted as a minority interview by the policy but the interviewer still said ďyou are not the right minorityĒ. Iím curios as to why the interviewer said that. It sounds like a ****ed up thing to say regardless but I feel we are missing part of the story if I understood the rule

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Please show me where I mentioned you.
    They always say a stuck pig will squeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunuu View Post
    Yes i am fully aware of the rule, but it does nothing other than make them interview at least 1 person of color before hiring their next HC or Gm. it does not really solve any problems.
    I think it is a good rule. I have always encouraged anyone who has ever worked for me to interview for any position they would ever want. Iíve also granted first and second interviews to anyone internal who ever applied for a job in a department I had say in.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think it is a good rule. I have always encouraged anyone who has ever worked for me to interview for any position they would ever want. Iíve also granted first and second interviews to anyone internal who ever applied for a job in a department I had say in.

Why should we be interviewing people solely based on race? Interviews and jobs should be based on qualifications and experience and not because a person is black or Asian

They always say a stuck pig will squeal.
    True.

Why should we be interviewing people solely based on race? Interviews and jobs should be based on qualifications and experience and not because a person is black or Asian

They should be based on qualifications and experience but most of the time they are based on who you know and the rest goes out the window. It is a good argument in theory, but it rarely happens that way.

They should be based on qualifications and experience but most of the time they are based on who you know and the rest goes out the window. It is a good argument in theory, but it rarely happens that way.
    Thatís for every job in history. Itís always about who you know...that doesnít mean we should be interviewing minorities just because...

Because coaches and GMs are getting jobs not based solely on ability or accomplishments.

Iíd donít think anyone gets interviewed for a job coaching in the NFL solely based on race. According to the article Asian guy for example had worked for multiple super bowl winners as a coach

Last edited by ewing; 05-22-2021 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Because coaches and GMs are getting jobs not based solely on ability or accomplishments.
    Yes they get jobs because they know other people etc almost like every job in this country

Thatís for every job in history. Itís always about who you know...that doesnít mean we should be interviewing minorities just because...
    Well they shouldnít be giving jobs just because. If you truly want jobs to go to the most qualified, shouldnít you be as outraged that someone got an interview because they know someone as if they got an interview because of their race? In either case, they are not getting the interview on their merits.

Then dont sit here and say it should be based on qualifications and experience when its not and never will be.

Well they shouldnít be giving jobs just because. If you truly want jobs to go to the most qualified, shouldnít you be as outraged that someone got an interview because they know someone as if they got an interview because of their race? In either case, they are not getting the interview on their merits.
    This.

I mean it happens all the time so I donít really care who gets the job. I just think itís ridiculous we are making teams interview an minority just because before they hire someone. Seems ridiculous

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast