Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 487
  1. #166
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,511
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Actually this disproves your point, the population is 70% white but before the Rooney Rule NFL Head Coaches were 93% white. So if you're going by the population, white coaches were disproportionately hired.


    my point is whatever coaches were white, it's a coincidence, and not the factor.

    after the Rooney rule how would anyone know whether someone black is qualified to get an interview, when teams are forced to interview someone simply because they are black. if they are qualified and black, great, but why should that be expected after a rule is made.



    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If they are unqualified for the position I don't think it matters. They got a job they weren't supposed to have for a reason that shouldn't have been considered.
    this right here could be why someone black got the job, because they only got the interview because of their race whether they could be qualified or not.

    if there are more black coaches because they are qualified, then great. but it shouldn't take a rule to force that.

  2. #167
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,511
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Ya it could've lead to more black coaches, but that doesn't matter to me so its pointless to care about. I don't think coaches need to be less white or more black. We just need the best ones. And hiring/interviewing based on skin tone isn't doing that.
    this is why the rule goes too far, it's forcing something based on race.

  3. #168
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    59,622
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I don't think nfl gms base their decisions on race. That being said, are you saying the Jaguars should have drafted Lance or Fields over Lawrence?
    I don't think they do either but based on what you are telling me they should. If one out of six black QBs is Mahomes why would you take a white guy unless you are totally sold on him?
    Last edited by ewing; 05-27-2021 at 10:43 AM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  4. #169
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    99,535
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Sure. If you only measure by the successful black QBs the past 5-10 years. But if you add in all the scrubs. The jamarcus Russell and Dwayne haskins of the world is the quality still better?

    In other words, if moon and Cunningham were a 9 and 8 that averages out to 8.5 overall. Do you think the average now is 8.5? I don't believe so. Perhaps there were other qbs in the moon/Cunningham/williams era. But there werent enough to heavily way down the average like there is recently.
    Back in the day all but 1-2 QB were white and most were garbage, you probably didn't bat an eye at why those garbage white QB didn't get replaced by someone who was black and certainly better. The notion that those other teams would keep their garbage white QB and not even look at getting someone who certainly existed that might have been a decent to great black QB never even gave you a moment's pause.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  5. #170
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    59,622
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Calling qbs that are garbage, garbage is not racist. JaMarcus Russell is complete garbage and a bust. So is mitch trubisky if it makes you feel better.
    Is Trubisky evan a QB or just some white guy trying to play the position?
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  6. #171
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    41,826
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Sure. If you only measure by the successful black QBs the past 5-10 years. But if you add in all the scrubs. The jamarcus Russell and Dwayne haskins of the world is the quality still better?

    In other words, if moon and Cunningham were a 9 and 8 that averages out to 8.5 overall. Do you think the average now is 8.5? I don't believe so. Perhaps there were other qbs in the moon/Cunningham/williams era. But there werent enough to heavily way down the average like there is recently.
    Except this is a stupid approach because you’re discounting that the other black QBs were so bad they couldn’t even make the league. So back then you had Moon, Cunningham and a bunch of QBs so bad they couldn’t even play in the NFL. Now you have Mahomes, Wilson, Watson, and a ton of black QBs who are good enough to at least make the league.

    Yes the quality is still better. There has never been a point in league history where the quality of black QBs is better than it is this very moment.

  7. #172
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    41,826
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    my point is whatever coaches were white, it's a coincidence, and not the factor.

    after the Rooney rule how would anyone know whether someone black is qualified to get an interview, when teams are forced to interview someone simply because they are black. if they are qualified and black, great, but why should that be expected after a rule is made.

    this right here could be why someone black got the job, because they only got the interview because of their race whether they could be qualified or not.

    if there are more black coaches because they are qualified, then great. but it shouldn't take a rule to force that.
    No, you wanted to say there were more white coaches because there are more white people, except there were way more white coaches than white people as a % and now that your argument backfired in your face we shouldn’t use it?

    Why was it a coincidence? If that’s the case, isn’t it also just a coincidence more black coaches are hired after the Rooney Rule?

  8. #173
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    41,826
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Is Trubisky evan a QB or just some white guy trying to play the position?
    I can’t believe Joey is actually trying to argue it’s a bad thing for black QBs that more are in the league because even though there’s more good ones than ever before, there’s more bad ones too.

  9. #174
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    99,535
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I can’t believe Joey is actually trying to argue it’s a bad thing for black QBs that more are in the league because even though there’s more good ones than ever before, there’s more bad ones too.
    If he were trying to make the argument that only elite QB should be allowed (regardless of race, that's fine). But he's making the argument that black QBs have to be elite meanwhile mediocre or even trash white QBs are acceptable. That's where the racism comes in. White people are allowed to be mediocre and expect to stick around. But in order to even be considered on par with a mediocre white player a black player has to end up being a HOF caliber player.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  10. #175
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,519
    Each time he goes on these bends, it starts out nice and reasonable, things implied, who are the real victims here (mediocre white QB's jobs), the r-word comes out to describe the idea. We, now, are at the part where the owner of the idea keeps digging an even bigger hole....
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  11. #176
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,704
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I don't think they do either but based on what you are telling me they should. If one out of six black QBs is Mahomes why would you take a white guy unless you are totally sold on him?
    Where did you get this 1 out of 6? Thats the exact opposite of what im saying. Perhaps in the 90s or before it was 1 out of 6 but in today's nfl its more like 1 out of 166.

  12. #177
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    41,826
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Where did you get this 1 out of 6? Thats the exact opposite of what im saying. Perhaps in the 90s or before it was 1 out of 6 but in today's nfl its more like 1 out of 166.
    Do you think there are more bad black QBs in the league or more bad white QBs?

  13. #178
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,704
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Except this is a stupid approach because you’re discounting that the other black QBs were so bad they couldn’t even make the league. So back then you had Moon, Cunningham and a bunch of QBs so bad they couldn’t even play in the NFL. Now you have Mahomes, Wilson, Watson, and a ton of black QBs who are good enough to at least make the league.

    Yes the quality is still better. There has never been a point in league history where the quality of black QBs is better than it is this very moment.
    My point is, its not the nfl that has changed much as the black players at the QB position have changed drastically. When all those QBs weren't making it to the NFL, it wasnt because of their race but rather their skill set didn't fit the NFL. Im a big notre dame fan. I followed the school for as long as i can remember. When they won their last championship, it was with Tony Rice at QB. I loved Tony Rice as a kid. He was mobile and awesome in college. Those type of QBs typically dont do well in the nfl though. Its rare that mobile running QBs can even stay healthy. In the 80s/90s most black QBs were in the style of Cunningham, without the arm strength. This was not going to work in the nfl. Very few had a similar skill set to Warren Moon. That has changed. Even mobile QBs like Russell Wilson or Watson are accurate, intelligent passers. Wilson might be the closest QB to Montana in skill set.

  14. #179
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,704
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Do you think there are more bad black QBs in the league or more bad white QBs?
    I think there are a lot of bad QBs period.

  15. #180
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    41,826
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I think there are a lot of bad QBs period.
    Ok, so how is that somehow a knock against black QBs when there’s a ton of bad white ones too?

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •