Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    The more I think about Joeys contention that black QBs suck now the more idiotic it becomes. There have been more black QBs to win MVP since 2015 (the last 6 years) than in the entire history of the NFL (Steve McNair, 2003). There has also been more black QBs to win a Super Bowl since 2013 (last 8 years) than the entire history of the NFL (Doug Williams, 1988).

There has never been a point in NFL history with more top tier black QBs than this very moment.

This might be the worst take anyone has had on PSD for both race and football. That he managed them both simultaneously is impressive in its ignorance.
    Last edited by valade16; 05-26-2021 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The more I think about Joeys contention that black QBs suck now the more idiotic it becomes. There have been more black QBs to win MVP since 2015 (the last 6 years) than in the entire history of the NFL (Steve McNair, 2003).

There has never been a point in NFL history with more top tier black QBs than this very moment.

This might be the worst take anyone has had on PSD for both race and football. That he managed them both simultaneously is impressive in its ignorance.
    I think everybody knows his view was mired in racism. Its not like all white coaches and QBs are great.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I'd argue that the Rooney rule has actually hurt the quality of black head coaches. Prior to Rooney there are two HOF black head coaches with Flores and Dungy. A case could be made for Dennis Green as well. After Rooney there is mike tomlin, who will be HOF and a bunch of garbage. So if the desired effect is to have more but less quality black head coaches, it's worked.

The same could be said for black QBs in the NFL. The warren moons and cunninghams had to break barriers but in doing so, they were also some of the best in the league. Now they are many more black QBs but for every mahomes, there are 5 or so that are complete garbage. I suppose thats equality though.

This is just a (complete irony intended) HOF level bad take.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    And hiring/interviewing based on skin tone isn't doing that.
    There is no hiring quota or requirement for minorities, the Rooney Rule is simply a requirement to interview them to give opportunities where there weren't before.

I'd argue that the Rooney rule has actually hurt the quality of black head coaches. Prior to Rooney there are two HOF black head coaches with Flores and Dungy. A case could be made for Dennis Green as well. After Rooney there is mike tomlin, who will be HOF and a bunch of garbage. So if the desired effect is to have more but less quality black head coaches, it's worked.

The same could be said for black QBs in the NFL. The warren moons and cunninghams had to break barriers but in doing so, they were also some of the best in the league. Now they are many more black QBs but for every mahomes, there are 5 or so that are complete garbage. I suppose thats equality though.
    Right on cue, you have to waddle into the discussion and take a giant racist sociopath (and completely wrong lol) dump.

Your obvious racist views aside, 2 black HOF head coaches in the 80 years before the Rooney rule compared to 1 in the 17 years since it was enacted actually proves the opposite of what you’re saying.

Heck, for every Mahomes there are 5 that are garbage? Same can be said for white QBs, but in addition to Mahomes, black QBs have Wilson, Watson, Jackson. There’s as many top black QBs as white ones right now.

So the idea that black coaches and QBs are somehow becoming inferior as more get the opportunity is wrong, like egregiously so. It only looks like there’s a lot more bad ones because theirs a lot more, good and bad.
    The NFL is a copycat league. I'd also argue the reason there are more black head coaches and QBs now is because of the success certain black head coaches and QBs have had. The same could be said for white QBs and head coaches for that matter. Not to mention, style is relevant. In the 90s, everyone wanted a joe Montana type. So many QBs that lacked arm strength but were intelligent QBs tried and failed. QBs that are more athletic and rely heavily on their athleticism (Michael vick type) have not been very successful come playoff time, regardless of race. Prior to Warren Moon, most black QBs were simply great athletes. Now we are seeing a more diverse QB pool of actual QBs. Thats not because of some rule.

The NFL is a copycat league. I'd also argue the reason there are more black head coaches and QBs now is because of the success certain black head coaches and QBs have had. The same could be said for white QBs and head coaches for that matter. Not to mention, style is relevant. In the 90s, everyone wanted a joe Montana type. So many QBs that lacked arm strength but were intelligent QBs tried and failed. QBs that are more athletic and rely heavily on their athleticism (Michael vick type) have not been very successful come playoff time, regardless of race. Prior to Warren Moon, most black QBs were simply great athletes. Now we are seeing a more diverse QB pool of actual QBs. Thats not because of some rule.
    You’re the one who brought up black QBs and how bad you thought they were today. It was a dumb take. Like monumentally stupid.

You’re the one who brought up black QBs and how bad you thought they were today. It was a dumb take. Like monumentally stupid.
    I didn't say they were bad. I said the ones which are athletes and not QBs have not had success in the playoffs. Also, overall the quality of black QBs has dropped. I also said this was equality.

I didn't say they were bad. I said the ones which are athletes and not QBs have not had success in the playoffs. Also, overall the quality of black QBs has dropped. I also said this was equality.
    And that’s a dumb statement. Currently there are 2 Super Bowl winners, 3 former MVPs, 3 other former Pro-Bowlers, and a further 3 starters. The quality of black QBs has literally never been better.

And you said “I suppose that’s equality though” which is not nearly as sincere or positive a feeling on that equality as you’re trying to portray.

The fact you can’t even name as many good black QBs from the entire history of the NFL to how many are starting today speaks volumes of how good the quality of black QBs are.

You made a terrible argument.
    Last edited by valade16; 05-27-2021 at 12:12 AM.

I didn't say they were bad.
    Now they are many more black QBs but for every mahomes, there are 5 or so that are complete garbage..
    I'm willing to give you some leeway on this because it's very possible you just lost track of what you said in your nonsensical racist diatribe.

All professional football players are athletes. Really good athletes.

When a white one fails in the playoffs like most will do you labels them as some “white athlete” that isn’t really a QB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Former NFL assistant coach claims he wasn’t the right minority

If one 1 of 6 black QBs is Pat Mahomes teams might want to stop looking for that white needle in a hay stack and just look at black QBs.

Last edited by ewing; 05-27-2021 at 12:23 AM.

If you don’t meet the MVP standard as a black QB you are just an athlete playing QB. the fact that I admit a black MVP QB is good means I’m not racist

And that’s a dumb statement. Currently there are 2 Super Bowl winners, 3 former MVPs, 3 other former Pro-Bowlers, and a further 3 starters. The quality of black QBs has literally never been better.

And you said “I suppose that’s equality though” which is not nearly as sincere or positive a feeling on that equality as you’re trying to portray.

The fact you can’t even name as many good black QBs from the entire history of the NFL to how many are starting today speaks volumes of how good the quality of black QBs are.

You made a terrible argument.
    Sure. If you only measure by the successful black QBs the past 5-10 years. But if you add in all the scrubs. The jamarcus Russell and Dwayne haskins of the world is the quality still better?

In other words, if moon and Cunningham were a 9 and 8 that averages out to 8.5 overall. Do you think the average now is 8.5? I don't believe so. Perhaps there were other qbs in the moon/Cunningham/williams era. But there werent enough to heavily way down the average like there is recently.

Quote Originally Posted by browski234 View Post
    I'm willing to give you some leeway on this because it's very possible you just lost track of what you said in your nonsensical racist diatribe.
    Calling qbs that are garbage, garbage is not racist. JaMarcus Russell is complete garbage and a bust. So is mitch trubisky if it makes you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If one 1 of 6 black QBs is Pat Mahomes teams might want to stop looking for that white needle in a hay stack and just look at black QBs.

I don't think nfl gms base their decisions on race. That being said, are you saying the Jaguars should have drafted Lance or Fields over Lawrence?

Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast