Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 508
  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,511
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I actually wanted to know why Brewers thinks the numbers increased after the rule.

    I think it was a combination of subconscious bias and systemic inequities and historical disenfranchisement.

    I agree, itís good that things have changed.
    maybe because they didn't want to be labeled racist?

    I don't follow the NFL, how many of the hired black coaches are still coaches of those teams?

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    41,849
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    maybe because they didn't want to be labeled racist?

    I don't follow the NFL, how many of the hired black coaches are still coaches of those teams?
    This is what I wanted to illustrate, the immediate belief that teams would hire minorities because of their race but that theyíd never hire a white person because of their race.

    So itís preposterous to think teams let whether a candidate is white influence their decision on who to hire, but that theyíd absolutely hire a black candidate for that reason.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    right here
    Posts
    31,511
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This is what I wanted to illustrate, the immediate belief that teams would hire minorities because of their race but that theyíd never hire a white person because of their race.

    So itís preposterous to think teams let whether a candidate is white influence their decision on who to hire, but that theyíd absolutely hire a black candidate for that reason.
    after a rule that they must interview someone black.

    white is a much bigger population than blakc, why would it be assumed they hired a coach just because they were white.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    41,849
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    after a rule that they must interview someone black.

    white is a much bigger population than blakc, why would it be assumed they hired a coach just because they were white.
    Why would it be assumed they hired someone just because they were black?

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,721
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít know if itís Brewers angle but I was surprised when Joey tried to make like if Asians are ever discriminated against black people arenít.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My point wasn't that black people arent discriminated against. My point is if white privilege exists, than how come Asians, who are not white and are also discriminated against, do better in every "success" metric, than whites ie education, career, median income, etc.?

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    41,849
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    My point wasn't that black people arent discriminated against. My point is if white privilege exists, than how come Asians, who are not white and are also discriminated against, do better in every "success" metric, than whites ie education, career, median income, etc.?
    Because they arenít discriminated in the same way...

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,106
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    My point wasn't that black people arent discriminated against. My point is if white privilege exists, than how come Asians, who are not white and are also discriminated against, do better in every "success" metric, than whites ie education, career, median income, etc.?
    Is this strictly Asian Americans? Or are we talking all Asians worldwide?

    Im pretty sure the rooney rule covers hispanic people such as Ron Rivera as well as blacks, does it not cover asians and other minorities?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    59,694

    Former NFL assistant coach claims he wasnít the right minority

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    My point wasn't that black people arent discriminated against. My point is if white privilege exists, than how come Asians, who are not white and are also discriminated against, do better in every "success" metric, than whites ie education, career, median income, etc.?
    You donít have to have an advantage in every situation and in relation to every other group identity at all times to be generally privileged. Why so many meaningless smoke screens and false equivalencies? I donít think if ďwhite privilegeĒ exists even came up in the last thread. Joey what do you actually want us to know about race?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 05-24-2021 at 10:24 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,721
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Because they arenít discriminated in the same way...
    Asians were placed in internment camps during ww2. They have a history of discrimination as well. The only thing different between Asians, blacks and whites for that matter are their cultures and how they value you education and their careers.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    59,694

    Former NFL assistant coach claims he wasnít the right minority

    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Asians were placed in internment camps during ww2. They have a history of discrimination as well. The only thing different between Asians, blacks and whites for that matter are their cultures and how they value you education and their careers.
    You just said your point ďwasnítĒ that black people arenít discriminated against.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    41,849
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Asians were placed in internment camps during ww2. They have a history of discrimination as well. The only thing different between Asians, blacks and whites for that matter are their cultures and how they value you education and their careers.
    No, Japanese were placed in internment camps in WW2, not all Asians. And while they have a history of discrimination, itís nowhere near as continuous or vitriolic as the racism against black people in the US.

    I donít believe the only difference is their cultures and how they value education. I believe thatís a pretty moronic statement.

    I donít understand how you can be so understanding of historical racism against Asians and so dismissive of historical racism against black people. Itís like selective amnesia.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Flock of Sheep No.97 near BAAA BAA lane
    Posts
    15,548
    Old JoeyC are we doing the cultural thing again? Been there, did there, don't want to go back there. I called it selective perception disorder, ***, back there.
    There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.

    Will Rogers

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    13,721
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No, Japanese were placed in internment camps in WW2, not all Asians. And while they have a history of discrimination, itís nowhere near as continuous or vitriolic as the racism against black people in the US.

    I donít believe the only difference is their cultures and how they value education. I believe thatís a pretty moronic statement.

    I donít understand how you can be so understanding of historical racism against Asians and so dismissive of historical racism against black people. Itís like selective amnesia.
    I understand the historical racism against many people - blacks, Asians, Jewish, etc. I don't believe that historical racism currently stands in the way of any individual from those races/ethnicities or any race for that matter from succeeding.

    Also, its kinda funny (if not racist) that you are able to differentiate between Asians and Japanese placed in intermittent camps but ALL black people are direct descendents of slaves. Do you really believe during the 1940s the US was so careful in making sure they differentiated between asians and Japanese or more likely any Asian was discriminated against?

  14. #74
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    59,721

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,346
    What I don't understand is who will he be able to identify with? Since the Rooney rule and "We need more minorities in coaching" is all about skin color and the racial makeup of the league and not about your qualifications.. He'd only be able to basically coach one player and that's a kicker. Ya, he is **** outta luck.

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •