Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    I acknowledge KD is a baaaad man but with James Harden clearly playing hurt, shadow of his healthy self... if the Bucks couldn't take advantage then, they're in big trouble when this series resumes.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think you could find quite a few 610 guys who cant shoot that wouldnt play their best ball with Joel.

I dont think it would be that hard to build a team around Simmons and I think a variety of guys would fit with him. Pretty much just not a paint big who dominates the half court touches down low.
    Completely agree and weve seen it whenever Embiid has been out. Its not a coincidence that his best stretches and games are when that happens.

People also forget that this is only his 4th season in the league. We treat him like a 10-year vet.

I do agree regarding the limited improvement so far though. He improved in his second season, became more efficient his third season, but then averaged career lows across the board this season. That may just be an impact of Embiid taking the ball out of his hands more than in previous seasons, but even still that points to the fit between the two as much as anything else.

I dont think hes the number one everyone thought hed be, at least not until he starts shooting. That doesnt mean that he isnt extremely valuable. Hes also not nearly as bad as Ewing is making him seem. Flawed for sure. Disappointing in some regards, definitely. Not worth a max when hes been on three All Star teams, two All Defensive teams, DPOY candidate, one All NBA team, Rookie of the Year and is a 610 PG is crazy. Players have gotten maxed for achieving 1/10 of that and hes done that in only four seasons. Clearly hes doing something right. The whole world cant possibly be just caught up in hype.

Playoffs have been a different story, but hes definitely been one of the better players in the league during regular seasons.

None of this is anything to sneeze at.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Completely agree and weve seen it whenever Embiid has been out. Its not a coincidence that his best stretches and games are when that happens.

People also forget that this is only his 4th season in the league. We treat him like a 10-year vet.

I do agree regarding the limited improvement so far though. He improved in his second season, became more efficient his third season, but then averaged career lows across the board this season. That may just be an impact of Embiid taking the ball out of his hands more than in previous seasons, but even still that points to the fit between the two as much as anything else.

I dont think hes the number one everyone thought hed be, at least not until he starts shooting. That doesnt mean that he isnt extremely valuable. Hes also not nearly as bad as Ewing is making him seem. Flawed for sure. Disappointing in some regards, definitely. Not worth a max when hes been on three All Star teams, two All Defensive teams, DPOY candidate, one All NBA team, Rookie of the Year and is a 610 PG is crazy. Players have gotten maxed for achieving 1/10 of that and hes done that in only four seasons. Clearly hes doing something right. The whole world cant possibly be just caught up in hype.

Playoffs have been a different story, but hes definitely been one of the better players in the league during regular seasons.

None of this is anything to sneeze at.
    I think he can be a #1 ball handler and distributor. He probably need a wingmate ala Amare to Nash to be the leading scorer of the team. But it's hard not to see Simmons being dominant in a D'Antoni type spread PnR system.

And either way, Simmons and Embiid "worked" to the tune of the 1 seed. They obviously CAN play together, and that speaks to Simmons ability to impact a game despite being asked to play off a dominant paint big while having no jumper to speak of. It's just not going to bring the best out of Simmons individual talents playing that role.

Torn acl for kawhi... brutal for the Clippers and him.

Around the NBA 2021 Playoff Discussion: Ball Night!

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think he can be a #1 ball handler and distributor. He probably need a wingmate ala Amare to Nash to be the leading scorer of the team. But it's hard not to see Simmons being dominant in a D'Antoni type spread PnR system.

And either way, Simmons and Embiid "worked" to the tune of the 1 seed. They obviously CAN play together, and that speaks to Simmons ability to impact a game despite being asked to play off a dominant paint big while having no jumper to speak of. It's just not going to bring the best out of Simmons individual talents playing that role.
    I think it is hard to see. Unless Im misunderstanding and you want him to be the roller instead of the ball handler. With Ben handling the ball in PnR you just go under every screen. Joel Embiid is a great roller/pick and pop option and they barely run PnR with Simmons as the ball handler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 06-16-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Embiid cant get a foul call and Trae is STILL getting these ticky tack fouls even though the nba has mentioned his name as the reason theyll be changing the rules for refs next year.

Quote Originally Posted by stefanmusic View Post
    Embiid cant get a foul call and Trae is STILL getting these ticky tack fouls even though the nba has mentioned his name as the reason theyll be changing the rules for refs next year.
    Pretty sure Embiid has been to line more pre game then anyone in the playoffs. He has definitely been more then Young this series. You could easily mention Joel to. He flops a ton. Gallo does too. Its not just Young

Another thing about Trae

He gets to spots that almost make you foul him. If they stop calling it, he will adjust. Hes still going to draw fouls, and hes still going to score. All the big scorers try to draw fouls

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Pretty sure Embiid has been to line more pre game then anyone in the playoffs. He has definitely been more then Young this series. You could easily mention Joel to. He flops a ton. Gallo does too. Its not just Young

Im just referring to the first quarter of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Another thing about Trae

He gets to spots that almost make you foul him. If they stop calling it, he will adjust. Hes still going to draw fouls, and hes still going to score. All the big scorers try to draw fouls
    He can be really cheap and annoying he also makes better reads then anyone in the league after turning the corner in screen roll. Not only will he sill score he will hurt you even more with the pass.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    He can be really cheap and annoying he also makes better reads then anyone in the league after turning the corner in screen roll. Not only will he sill score he will hurt you even more with the pass.
    He was very underrated as far as how good an actual passing PG he is. No longer..

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    He was very underrated as far as how good an actual passing PG he is. No longer..
    Hes scoring ok tonight and they are getting killed so far. Young only has one assist and the Hawks only have 12 3 point attempts. He normally creates tons of looks for his team. To used Thibs terminology he is a total engine. Definitely not just a scorer. Hes legit

Quote Originally Posted by Praise_Di_Yute View Post
    Torn acl for kawhi... brutal for the Clippers and him.
    I wonder what will happen to his upcoming free agency? He is the only big name left, and probably will be opting in.

I have to ask again..

Why werent we interested in Seth Curry? At 4/32, he was a steal from the second he signed that contract

Ben Simmons is a liability on the court.

Page 30 of 67 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast