Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Dallas Mavs taking a commanding 2-0 against the Clippers, in Los Angeles!!!!

Watching Luka go AT Kawhi Leonard and score. Watching Porzingis clown Marcus Morris Jr. Tim Hardaway Jr erupt. The team was shooting 67% against the Clippers. Yeah. This team is not afraid of the Clippers.

Three starters on the Clippers scored a total of 14 pts while the Mavs had at 4 starters/players in double digits.

What's interesting...JJ Redick is still injured but hasn't played much since being traded.
    Porzingis was the decoy, they really just wanted THJR and a way to dump Dennis Smith on us.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    Porzingis was the decoy, they really just wanted THJR and a way to dump Dennis Smith on us.

That’s a very expensive decoy with 3 more seasons at $31M, $33M, & $36M for the 25 yr old 20 ppg, 1.9 bog & 8.9 rpg.

Notice the Mavs haven’t even talked about re-signing the $18.9M THJr who will be a UFA after the post season concludes.

The Mavs will have close to $40M in cap space this off season. What dreams may come…

That’s a very expensive decoy with 3 more seasons at $31M, $33M, & $36M for the 25 yr old 20 ppg, 1.9 bog & 8.9 rpg.

Notice the Mavs haven’t even talked about re-signing the $18.9M THJr who will be a UFA after the post season concludes.

The Mavs will have close to $40M in cap space this off season. What dreams may come…
    The 2021 offseason presents an opportunity for Dallas to maximize cap flexibility, with Doncic heading into the final year of his rookie-scale contract.

By releasing the cap holds of free agents Redick and Hardaway, Dallas projects to have $20 million in cap space. If Richardson opts out of his $11.6 million contract and the $4.1 million team option of Cauley-Stein is not exercised, the Mavericks could have up to $33.5 million.

Because the cap in 2022-23 is projected to increase slightly ($112 million to $115 million), the Mavericks would still have $22 million if they punt on free agency this offseason, factoring in a max extension for Doncic.
    It depends on Josh Richardson and it’s not close to $40 million.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Right. Also, not factoring in Brunson. What they doing with him?

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Expriring contracts for the Mavs end of 2020-21 season:

Tim Hardaway Jr: $18.9M
    JJ Redick: $13M (actually half of that)
    Nico Mellini: $4M
    B. Majanovic: $3.5M

$32.9M in expiring contracts + projected cap: $35.3M

Source: https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/DAL.html

*shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Right. Also, not factoring in Brunson. What they doing with him?
    They would love to move him. He was supposed to be an upgrade over Curry (who went to Philly) but has been expensive and inconsistent.

Josh has an $11.6M player option which I'm confident with the ego of an athlete will opt out adding another $10M to the $35.3M cap space on the Mavs.

Expriring contracts for the Mavs end of 2020-21 season:

Tim Hardaway Jr: $18.9M
    JJ Redick: $13M (actually half of that)
    Nico Mellini: $4M
    B. Majanovic: $3.5M

$32.9M in expiring contracts + projected cap: $35.3M

*shrug*
    What’s the projected cap you used? Did you account for ghost spots?

Your math is off. With those expiring contracts, they are still committed to slightly over $90 million. You must have missed that part in the link you shared. The projected cap is $112 million. Just based on that and not factoring in anything else, 112-90 = ?

I literally shared an excerpt of an article written by a cap expert and someone who worked in the NBA doing it for a living...but alright.

The link you shared doesn’t even show cap holds or any of the team options for Doncic.

They would love to move him. He was supposed to be an upgrade over Curry (who went to Philly) but has been expensive and inconsistent.

Josh has an $11.6M player option which I'm confident with the ego of an athlete will opt out adding another $10M to the $35.3M cap space on the Mavs.

Jalen Brunson has been inconsistent and expensive?

Maybe you’re confused. He was very good all year for them, and was solid both playoff games. He’s possibly a RFA

If they “would love to move him”, I hope they move him right over to us

Um...I was being sarcastic

Did I call it or did I call it? I don't wish injuries on any player, although I was tempted with MJ. However, CP3 has had a history of getting injured and/or somehow marginalized in most of the major playoff pushes he has been part of.

That is why I would not pursue him in free agency or a trade or anything. He has not shown that he can be there when it counts for the price that he commands. Excellent, excellent player, but will never win anything relevant if you are relying on him as a cornerstone of your rotation. All you will get is choke, injury or underperformance.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    Did I call it or did I call it? I don't wish injuries on any player, although I was tempted with MJ. However, CP3 has had a history of getting injured and/or somehow marginalized in most of the major playoff pushes he has been part of.

That is why I would not pursue him in free agency or a trade or anything. He has not shown that he can be there when it counts for the price that he commands. Excellent, excellent player, but will never win anything relevant if you are relying on him as a cornerstone of your rotation. All you will get is choke, injury or underperformance.
    Yea I only wanted cp3 when Knicks were rebuilding but paying him his max deal today is not a good idea.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Ja Morant…wow. Dropping 47 on the Jazz. The Grizz are no joke.

Ja Morant…wow. Dropping 47 on the Jazz. The Grizz are no joke.
    RJ fan club will still say RJ > Ja.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    RJ fan club will still say RJ > Ja.

I wish it was true. But yeah, I don’t ever see that statement coming true

I mean, I like RJ but Ja Morant is a BAD man. He did that against one of the BEST defensive teams...

Page 5 of 90 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast