Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Butler and Adebayo really shat the bed last night and they still only lost by 2 in OT against the Bucks lol

Quote Originally Posted by callmeDro View Post
    If Dallas beats the clips, does Kwahi leave?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Yes especially if playoff p is back to his bad self bofl

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    We are comparing Allan Houston, and Steve Francis, to Lillard?

Come on, that’s ridiculous, even for you

I guess by the logic of “he could get hurt, so we shouldn’t get him” might as well never sign anyone over vet minimum again. Kawhi is always banged up, and is the poster child for load managment. We definitely shouldn’t get him, right?
    To be fair he was comparing the size of the contracts, not the players output. Yes any player can get injured, but if they have a contract like that it makes them an instant albatross.

Kemba was underwhelming as usual. Boston can't win unless he puts up 22+ consistently and they get a third guy to chip in.

To be fair he was comparing the size of the contracts, not the players output. Yes any player can get injured, but if they have a contract like that it makes them an instant albatross.

It’s not even close, still. How much do you think automatic all-nba players cost?

And Houston and Francis were never close to as good as Lillard. And Francis was completely washed when we got him

If we are afraid of getting elite players because they cost a lot, we might as well never discuss any stars here again
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-23-2021 at 11:55 AM.

Except we have more on the roster already, than what you’re referring to.

And you can’t pick and choose when you get a guy like that. You make the move
    It would take Julius Randle to get Lillard here or RJB, IQ, Obi + 4 1st round picks.

So either trade away the best young player on the Knicks or trade away the Knicks future, the type of moves that kept the Knicks in the basement all those years.

The Trailblazers also had the same record as the Knicks in the way tougher Western conference.
    Why would the Trailblazers give away Lillard for peanuts?

The Knicks are finally doing things the correct way and people want to go back to the old ways that had the Knicks in the basement for so long.

There is Cap money to bring in a good player. That's what the Knicks should do.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    It would take Julius Randle to get Lillard here or RJB, IQ, Obi + 4 1st round picks.

So either trade away the best young player on the Knicks or trade away the Knicks future, the type of moves that kept the Knicks in the basement all those years.

The Trailblazers also had the same record as the Knicks in the way tougher Western conference.
    Why would the Trailblazers give away Lillard for peanuts?

The Knicks are finally doing things the correct way and people want to go back to the old ways that had the Knicks in the basement for so long.

There is Cap money to bring in a good player. That's what the Knicks should do.
    Who says for peanuts? I didn’t

Barrett, IQ, Obi, and 4 firsts is never happening. What team in the league that would make sense for Lillard is making a deal like that?

If they want to trade him, it’s because they are stuck, with minimal resources to improve. Lillard is not “going back to the old ways”. Lillard is 100% an elite player at our biggest position of need for my entire life. He’s also a legit #1, and proven. To not seriously attempt getting a guy like that if we have a chance, is ridiculous
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-23-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Who says for peanuts? I didn’t

Barrett, IQ, Obi, and 4 firsts is never happening. What team in the league that would make sense for Lillard is making a deal like that?

If they want to trade him, it’s because they are stuck, with minimal resources to improve. Lillard is not “going back to the old ways”. Lillard is 100% an elite player at our biggest position of need for my entire life. He’s also a legit #1, and proven. To not seriously attempt getting a guy like that if we have a chance, is ridiculous
    What do you think would be a realistic yet reasonable trade for Dame?

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    What do you think would be a realistic yet reasonable trade for Dame?
    I think that package minus RJ is pretty close. Considering they would be full rebuild, would they want a player up for a big extension?

And how many teams that would really need Lillard realistically, that would be able to take on that extension?

I think we will definitely overpay for whatever sub elite player first shows interest. It's the Knicks way.

Did you consider Carmelo - automatic all nba level? How'd that turn out?

Last edited by callmeDro; 05-23-2021 at 01:48 PM.

I think we will definitely overpay for whatever sub elite player first shows interest. It's the Knicks way.

Did you consider Carmelo - automatic all nba level? How'd that turn out?

So because it didn’t work, we should never do it again? And if Amare wasn’t damaged goods, I bet we would have been pretty damn good.

And Lillard is better

If you don’t want to pay up for a guy like that, who do you want to pay up for? Who you trading a lot for, or paying big money to? And you do realize that we are not going to have cap much longer?

He’s 100% a top 5 PG, and a top 10 player. He’s proven as a big time clutch shot creator/maker.
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 05-23-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Even if Lavine and Beal are available I would still go after Lillard he's that good and fits well with Randle I don't care about years or money but if you can get Lillard then do it. Since when did it become if x player hasn't been to finals he's not worth getting? Randle has never been to even playoffs yet now entire NY calls him King Julius MVP if Knicks get Lillard ppl will quickly change their tone and the number of vets that will run to join Knicks it won't matter the cap space Knicks lost.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

So because it didn’t work, we should never do it again? And if Amare wasn’t damaged goods, I bet we would have been pretty damn good.

And Lillard is better

If you don’t want to pay up for a guy like that, who do you want to pay up for? Who you trading a lot for, or paying big money to? And you do realize that we are not going to have cap much longer?

He’s 100% a top 5 PG, and a top 10 player. He’s proven as a big time clutch shot creator/maker.
    Actually that's exactly why you stop doing it. Amare being damaged goods is the point isn't it?

For once we have a a young team that plays hard plays unselfish and plays for each other and we have built an identity and team chemistry. You want trade half the farm for what? Another second round exit followed by decades of piss poor basketball in capped out hell? And no the blazers aren't trading Lillard for Obi and Iq and picks. Neither would i.

Actually that's exactly why you stop doing it. Amare being damaged goods is the point isn't it?

For once we have a a young team that plays hard plays unselfish and plays for each other and we have built an identity and team chemistry. You want trade half the farm for what? Another second round exit followed by decades of piss poor basketball in capped out hell? And no the blazers aren't trading Lillard for Obi and Iq and picks. Neither would i.

Decades? Didn't know Lillard was signed to MLB contract lol. You want to watch all young team go watch college ball us Knicks fans want to see team competing for championship.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

If Lillard, Randle, and RJ is a second round exit, what would ever be more? We might as well give up

And that’s a lot. Until Lakers payed in desperation for AD, who ever got that much in return? Who out there right now could possibly give that much? And take on that huge extension?

Page 2 of 90 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast