Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 75 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1464

Around the NBA 2021 Off-Season Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by sharqstealth View Post
    Portland giving a 1st rounder for Nance Jr.??? That ain't smart.
    They feel a little desperate. They didnít have a big move but feel they have to do something. Portlandís bench got killed last year. I think they are hoping dumping Melo and Kanter and replacing them with Zeller and Nance will strengthen the 2nd unit. That kid Simmons can really score maybe giving him the ball and pairing him with more defense and energy will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

At some point, Portland is going to deal Damian Lillard to the Sixers for Ben Simmons.

Damian Lillard $43M 2021-22

Ben Simmons $31.5M 2021-22 plus Danny Green $10M 2021-22 and 3 future first rounders.

Ben Simmons has been reported as being done with Philly...and Lillard wants to go to a Championship contender. A trio: Embiid, Lillard, and Harris would definitely be difficult to handle in the playoffs.

I think, Chauncey who was heavily influenced by his coaches, Rick Carlisle and Larry Brown, will build a very athletic defensive squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    At some point, Portland is going to deal Damian Lillard to the Sixers for Ben Simmons.

Ben Simmons $31.5M 2021-22 plus Danny Green $10M 2021-22 and 3 future first rounders.

Ben Simmons has been reported as being done with Philly...and Lillard wants to go to a Championship contender. A trio: Embiid, Lillard, and Harris would definitely be difficult to handle in the playoffs.

I think, Chauncey who was heavily influenced by his coaches, Rick Carlisle and Larry Brown, will build a very athletic defensive squad.
    Not unless Lillard forces his way out.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Not unless Lillard forces his way out.
    The Trailblazers can't make many moves with his contract on the books. It's only a matter of time.

Lillard's contract is seriously hard to move. Philly is the only title contender that can afford him without blowing the whole team up. Never mind will accommodate his playing style.

The Trailblazers can't make many moves with his contract on the books. It's only a matter of time.

Lillard's contract is seriously hard to move. Philly is the only title contender that can afford him without blowing the whole team up. Never mind will accommodate his playing style.
    Every team would accommodate Lillardís playing style. As for the Blazers they are a year removed from the CF, just won 42 games with significant injuries (thereí starting center was out for the year), Powell was only there for half a season, they have a kid in Simmons who is ready to blow up, and they made decent margin moves to improve there bench. Lillard isnít going anywhere unless he pulls a Harden/AD move and forces his way out. He might but there is 0 chance the Blazers decide moving him for Simmons is in there interest.

I do think they need another ball handler off the bench so A Simmons can really cook. If they could add a Langston Galloway type to play behind Lillard i think it would be a boost. Like most teams they need more high end talent to be more then a dark horse but they do have room to improve without and arenít going to just blow it up. Losing Lillard would be a massive step backwards

Last edited by ewing; 08-29-2021 at 07:28 AM.

Tobias aint part of no big 3 bofl an that team would not be scary

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    To be fair to him, while Iím not a big fan, he was damn close to being a 20 a game, 50/40/90 guy. Thatís pretty good..

And pairing two top 10 players together, with inside/outside games, also pretty damn good
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-29-2021 at 07:36 AM.

Every team would accommodate Lillardís playing style. As for the Blazers they are a year removed from the CF, just won 42 games with significant injuries (thereí starting center was out for the year), Powell was only there for half a season, they have a kid in Simmons who is ready to blow up, and they made decent margin moves to improve there bench. Lillard isnít going anywhere unless he pulls a Harden/AD move and forces his way out. He might but there is 0 chance the Blazers decide moving him for Simmons is in there interest.

I do think they need another ball handler off the bench so A Simmons can really cook. If they could add a Langston Galloway type to play behind Lillard i think it would be a boost. Like most teams they need more high end talent to be more then a dark horse but they do have room to improve without and arenít going to just blow it up. Losing Lillard would be a massive step backwards

The Portland Trailblazers have the 7th highest payroll.

They have no cap space. Constituted as is, do you think the Trailblazers have enough to get past Golden State Warriors with a healthy Klay? healthy LA Lakers? Or the Utah Jazz?

Not feeling it.

Damian Lillard is owed $43M 2021-22 season.

What title contender can give up boatload of talent and shed $43M and remain a title fav? Does Utah give up Donovan Mitchell? Not seeing it. Do the AARP take a serious paycut and move one of their big names for Lillard? No. Do the Nets move one their big three? Doubtful. Would Phoenix give up Booker? Nope.

I respectfully disagree. I do NOT see any of these teams accommodating Damian Lillard. Lillard wouldn't take a pay cut or re-structure his deal. Lillard wouldn't want to go to a team that isn't a title contender.

Philly is one team that could not only take Damian Lillard, give up someone Portland would want, without compromising its roster...in fact, they'd be better.

The Portland Trailblazers have the 7th highest payroll.

They have no cap space. Constituted as is, do you think the Trailblazers have enough to get past Golden State Warriors with a healthy Klay? healthy LA Lakers? Or the Utah Jazz?

Not feeling it.

Damian Lillard is owed $43M 2021-22 season.

What title contender can give up boatload of talent and shed $43M and remain a title fav? Does Utah give up Donovan Mitchell? Not seeing it. Do the AARP take a serious paycut and move one of their big names for Lillard? No. Do the Nets move one their big three? Doubtful. Would Phoenix give up Booker? Nope.

I respectfully disagree. I do NOT see any of these teams accommodating Damian Lillard. Lillard wouldn't take a pay cut or re-structure his deal. Lillard wouldn't want to go to a team that isn't a title contender.

Philly is one team that could not only take Damian Lillard, give up someone Portland would want, without compromising its roster...in fact, they'd be better.
    They will start Dame, CJ, Powell, Covington, and Nurkic. They have enough to get by any one of those teams and if Lillard decided the teams you mentioned were the teams he wanted to play for he would wind up on one of them. If Portland makes a move on there own it will be to move CJ. They wonít and shouldnít trade Dame unless he demands a trade. If he does heíll wind up going where he wants to go

Last edited by ewing; 08-29-2021 at 09:47 AM.

They will start Dame, CJ, Powell, Covington, and Nurkic. They have enough to get by any one of those teams and if Lillard decided the teams you mentioned were the teams he wanted to play for he would wind up on one of them. If Portland makes a move on there own it will be to move CJ. They wonít and shouldnít trade Dame unless he demands a trade. If he does heíll wind up going where he wants to go

I could definitely see them moving CJ to balance out the lineup a bit. It could work.

That, or staggering the sub patterns. CJ goes out early, then comes back to be the #1 option when Dame and Powell sit. He would feast on 2nd units
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 08-29-2021 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    I could definitely see them moving CJ to balance out the lineup a bit. It could work.

That, or staggering the sub patterns. CJ goes out early, then comes back to be the #1 option when Dame and Powell sit. He would feast on 2nd units
    I agree. In the few games they had the 3 starting the starting lineup killed though. Powell is a little small at 3 but they have good defenders at 4 and 5. I think that and his offense makes up for it. I agree they will have to stagger bc they donít have ball handlers off the bench and CJ will kill bench squads like you said if they do. When they stagger maybe Nance gets wing mins and now you have a very interesting big lineup too.

I could see them moving CJ but I donít think the have to. On paper I like the starting 5 a lot and by the numbers it was the bench that dragged them down last year. I think they need a backup pg to max Simmons and Nance off the bench

Last edited by ewing; 08-29-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post

Tobias is definitely a good, solid player.
    You add Lillard to Embiid plus Tobias and you have the best team in the East imo.

The 76ers would have the best PG and best center in the East with a very good PF as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    Tobias is definitely a good, solid player.
    You add Lillard to Embiid plus Tobias and you have the best team in the East imo.

The 76ers would have the best PG and best center in the East with a very good PF as well.
    That team is not better then nets big 3.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-agency-market

Millsap apparently looking to sign as a small ball 5 with a good team. Donít know if he would have considered us but this was my idea for him.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    To be fair to him, while Iím not a big fan, he was damn close to being a 20 a game, 50/40/90 guy. Thatís pretty good..

And pairing two top 10 players together, with inside/outside games, also pretty damn good
    They still wouldn't beat Brooklyn or Milwaukee and Harris is trash he disappeared in the playoffs

Page 75 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast